The online racing simulator
Congratulations Scawen
(13 posts, started )
Congratulations Scawen
Congratulations Scawen on the great race he had with us in the E-Challenge.
I would like to see you more often from time to time to participate with the community in some competitions even if it is each other Smile and to hang out with us from time to time 😊🏎

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the organization of the event, which did an exemplary job. 🤝🏁
I had fun, thanks!

I did hold it together for the first race so I'm happy with that. After a start grid incident I found myself at the back of the field in 16th position. I gradually worked up a bit to finish 9th. Related to energy saving, I managed to catch up and pass Zdravko Topolnjak near the end of the final lap, but ran out of energy on the final bend so he passed me again. This was quite exciting. Big grin

My second race was a bit out of control. I think I struggled with the extra power, which I had opted for in that race but as my car was faster than usual at the high speed bend, I think that was the cause of a few wall hits that made the car handle badly. Eventually when we could select dry tyres, I opted to fix the car which took a long time, only to immediately hit the same wall again! After another driver's incident caused a safety car I was allowed to pass the safety car and raced around the track to catch the back of the field. Lack of experience showed when I came across the slow moving cars on lap 19 and crashed right into the back of Jared Meade, knocking his car into the air. Sorry about that! That was again at the famous high speed corner. After the restart there wasn't long to go and on lap 20 I hit the armco at the high speed corner, this time knocked myself right out of the course and had to find my way back in to the circuit to finish the race. Is that legal? Schwitz

So... that fast corner caused a lot of trouble for me but as I say, the first race felt in control and consequently more fun. I don't think I deserve any congratulations at all for the second race.

I would like to congratulate the other drivers, especially the top three: Gábor Gyüre, Imran Azhar and Niko Puntola though I have to say there were a lot of really good drivers there. It's amazing to see.

The replicas of the real tracks are so well done by Michal Málek, within the limits of the layout editor. The organisation and running the races by Master Race Car in conjunction with New Dimension Racing is incredibly professional. Finally the coverage by Sim Broadcasts is so well done and entertaining, what can I say but well done everyone, amazing job.

It's quite humbling to experience such fine work using this old simulator and I am extra inspired to get done what needs to be done, to bring the latest updates to you.

Nearly my finest moment:

Definitely not my finest moment:
Attached images
lfs_00000096.jpg
lfs_00000097.jpg
Quote from Scawen :that fast corner caused a lot of trouble for me

Actually main reason was the high wind,as it was blowing from behind before the kink,adding extra speed and reducing car's ability to turn into it. Many had trouble with it - most hit the left side wall on lap 1 of the 2nd race.
Since the wind is variating,it was pretty much random result on that turn - on one lap you could barely keep car off wall and on next no chances to stay off it despite driving "same" pace and line. One of the reasons high wind is barely ever used in organized racing.
It was nice to see you racing Scawen,you did better than most people would imagine.

Thanks for the congratulations.

Best regards,
Vipercake
Glad you enjoyed it Scawen, sorry for ruining your alnost finest moment..i had 0.2% fuel over line, but crucially enough for flat out blast from last turn Smile

Both races for me were big struggles and whats more puzzling is that I didn't understand why, although i think wind definitely played a role there. Some laps i managed to get nice good flow with the car, bit very often i got distracted by looking at fuel consumption and calculating stuff instead of driving, and that obviously resulted in clashes with the wall. Race 2 was worst race i ever had in LFSSmile
#6 - w126
I wonder why Sim Broadcasts producers don't use live multiplayer replays to make their streams smoother.
I hope one day there is more seamless equivalent of this feature in LFS. I mean, it probably wouldn't hurt if the action was delayed by around 1 second when spectating in multiplayer mode and then the game could interpolate steering inputs and maybe do other things that make playing mprs smoother looking than live action. This way every LFS event streamed to yt/twitch (not while driving, obviously) would look better.
Quote from w126 :I wonder why Sim Broadcasts producers don't use live multiplayer replays to make their streams smoother.
I hope one day there is more seamless equivalent of this feature in LFS. I mean, it probably wouldn't hurt if the action was delayed by around 1 second when spectating in multiplayer mode and then the game could interpolate steering inputs and maybe do other things that make playing mprs smoother looking than live action. This way every LFS event streamed to yt/twitch (not while driving, obviously) would look better.

We're actively working on this. Thumbs up

The technical limitation for us right now is the time it takes for the replay to spool to an event when you choose a timestamp. This problem is exacerbated in longer races with many cars. Any solution relies on 2+ LFS clients for this feature to work reliably during live broadcasts, and is non-trivial.
Lets face it, I probably deserved it Big grin
Great job by the organizers on this! I didn't think you could make energy conservation this fun Big grin. Sadly only participated in the last round, but i had great fun adapting on the fly!
I watched the races in the broadcast replay which was well informed and entertaining as ever. Thumbs up

Fun to see newcomer Alen Terzic's terrific speed in Race 1, seemingly unconcerned about energy conservation. Big grin

I loved Nico Puntola's tidy reverse driving (in correct track direction) after a spin in lap 3 before a controlled spin back to face the right way. Cool

I'd like to congratulate all the participants who were part of the entertainment (including before I ever had a go) and thank all drivers throughout the field for the really respectful driving. And thanks for being kind to me too. Smile

Dekojester has posted the Championship Standings
Alen Terzic is not actually a newcomer to be honest, he was boss already back in 2008 when I was doing LFS daily. Big grin Nice to see devs on track.
No, he's obviously a very experienced LFS driver and his rapid adaptation to the energy saving would have made him the winner of the second race, if it wasn't for the penalty he received! But he was a newcomer to the E-Challenge on Sunday. So that was very impressive. Thumbs up

Congratulations Scawen
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG