The online racing simulator
Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
Quote from detail :Meanwhile people on the ground do have slow downloads.

Thanks for the tracert. If you enable the new option in game, are you redirected to Japan? Does Kazakhstan count as "Asia" in this case, and if so, do mods arrive more quickly? Though it's a massive country, half way between Rotterdam and Japan...

Quote from Flame CZE :The thing is that the CAR scripts used to contain the "run xxx" command according to the gearbox setting. It is no longer there in a fresh installation of 0.7D. I don't know in which version it got removed.
I guess we have to manually remove the run scripts from all car scripts if they are there.

Thanks for the explanation. So it's not really an LFS bug, but leftover files from old version. I'm sure it was changed when mods were introduced, so that the correct script like "road" would be run, even if there is no script for the loaded mod.

I think I commented out the warning message originally because it would have affected too many people. But there is a good reason to have the message. I wonder if manual deletion might be the best solution now. We could also provide a tiny download with the new versions of the scripts, as a quick solution for anyone who hasn't edited their CAR.lfs scripts but has the old ones there.

Quote from BeNoM :The new download option works for great for me, thank you! Mods download within a second or two now at 2MB/s which is much better than before. Is this download redirection applied to mod previews as well? That seems to be a bit slow still when scrolling through the mod browser.

Thanks for the feedback. So for you it's much better from Japan. The mod list and images are not affected (yet) it's only the actual mods that get redirected at the moment, but skins and images could be added.
Yup Japan is working well. If images and skins could be added, that would be amazing! Thanks for figuring out a solution to this issue Smile
D20

Regional mod downloading is now enabled by default
- Should be faster if you are in N/S America or Asia/Oceania
F9/F10 extra displays are now switchable (Options - Display)
Speedo and tacho are moved UP if required for extra displays
CT display now uses dot matrix font if translation allows it
Message history is no longer enabled for AI path generation

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102117
Quote from Scawen :People in Asia, Oceania, North / South America, the incomplete files issue should be fixed so please try again with the new option and see if you get mods more quickly from the redirected locations. You will see a yellow redirect message if you are redirected.

If you enable Options... Misc - Allow HTTP redirect [EXPERIMENTAL]
Locations in Asia and Oceania should download mods from Japan
Locations in North and South America should download from USA

I confirm, the download speed are now faster now for me who living slowest internet speed in Asia region, and for mods that have big file size now are downloaded successfully without any incomplete file download. I would say it's well done Big grin

the only things that still need to test with my ISP too are, when connecting to servers outside US and Asia for joining any server room, it often timed out, sometimes cannot entering the server, sometimes can connect but in the middle of race or cruise, I often kicked out due to time out. my ISP probably are on NAT3 state which very restrictive, but other games beside LFS are fine despite experiencing huge lag spikes
-
(loopingz) DELETED by loopingz : Not on topic
Quote from ivancsx :I confirm, the download speed are now faster now for me who living slowest internet speed in Asia region, and for mods that have big file size now are downloaded successfully without any incomplete file download. I would say it's well done Big grin

Thanks for the feedback from Asia. Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :Thanks for the feedback from Asia. Thumbs up

Can a bunch of server list/ mod list and mod/event picture loading things also via US/Asia servers? Since last few months the connection to EU master server seems worse, it's now 410ms+ instead of 330ms+

Right now I loading something with the network community required it just keeps posting blablabla is still loading and I have to wait a LOT of time waiting...

Like in the mod list, I have waited 1 minute and still looks like this
Attached images
Untitled.png
I havent been reading what has been discussed previously, but I believe the engine indicator should not be from 100% to 0, instead from 0 to 100. While 0 - 0.25 green indicator, 0.25 - 1 yellow, above 1 red.

This last race I got distracted with someone entering the room, missed a downshift once, caused 2% damage and was running .5 to 1 slower (using UF1). For me this should be red indicator.

Edit: ****, forgot to say thanks. Great work Scawen
agreed, you don't need a lot of engine damage to cost you a lot in terms of laptime.

1% is already big
Quote from kagurazakayukari :Can a bunch of server list/ mod list and mod/event picture loading things also via US/Asia servers? Since last few months the connection to EU master server seems worse, it's now 410ms+ instead of 330ms+

Right now I loading something with the network community required it just keeps posting blablabla is still loading and I have to wait a LOT of time waiting...

Like in the mod list, I have waited 1 minute and still looks like this

Thanks for the feedback. Victor is looking at redirection for mod images so that should help. We'll post here when that is available.

But your image downloads are so extremely slow, that is quite puzzling. It's not because of the geographical distance. It would be interesting if you could provide a MTR result (My Traceroute - it's more detailed than tracert) to our Rotterdam server (188.122.74.149). We have a special thread requesting those results:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/103323-MTR-%28My-Traceroute%29-results-for-people-with-super-slow-downloads

Thanks!
The mod images should now be redirected too.

You'll still see the "Redirect : JP" or "Redirect : US" message but this will be removed in the next test patch.
I noticed, on the entry screen calendar, the times of events tomorrow (in daylight saving time) were wrong when viewed from today (no daylight saving). So it's a good time for a quick update also with updated translations and with the redirect message removed. You can still see the redirect message if you enable Network Debug (SHIFT+F8).

D21:

More updated translations - thank you translators!
Redirect info message is only shown if Network Debug enabled
FIX: Calendar time could be wrong near start of daylight saving

I did not find the following string (see attachments) in translations online; also not in the english.txt. Possibly still hardcoded? The message is issued when changing between UDP and TCP packets in Multiplayer (Connection to host).

Its not directly related to the test patch... but could be fixed too?

The LFSW messages are also in English. I don't know if these are sent directly from LFSW and are therefore not "translatable" at all?
Attached images
english-message.png
english-message-lfsw.png
Quote from Scawen :Here is the same thing actually implemented, in EV and ICE.

Comments welcome! Smile

Ok, so I finally managed to actually have a (longer) race with the setting (remaing fuel/laps display). It is a bit confusing to understand / use during a race, as you have to mentally calculate the remaining laps (doing math!!!) which is also constantly changing in order to know if your current/average fuel consumption will allow you to finish the race / stint.

So the number of laps (of fuel) is still going down while racing, just the speed varies. Would colorcoding (red: you'll need to refuel at this pace; green: push on) be a welcome help to understand if you can finish the race without stopping easier? ( A potential problem would be endurance / time based races where you'd need to set some kind of "stint length" or "expected number of race laps"). Or is this just me being out of touch with already existing 3rd party tools (lfs lazy?) which already do this and we don't need it?
Today I did a quick update to allow certain options to be set per vehicle, instead of being controlled by race class:

- Indicators / Headlights / Pit limiter light
- Handbrake / Horn / Starter Motor
- Oval suspension arms
- Grooved slicks

You will need Test Patch D24 to use these adjusted values if they have been set in Editor D24.

Test Patch D25: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102117

Support for new pit speed limiter flashing light option
One wheel drive and no anti-roll if wheels are staggered
Click Skin ID in garage colours tab to copy ID to clipboard
FIX: Remote car using pit speed limiter did not move smoothly
Tested D25 patch and mod downloads are slower both in single and multiplayer.
Loading a new mod page takes 10-15s, it was around 2s before patch and most mods takes 10-20s or even longer.
Network debugging shows that it redirects to "JP" servers. Then installed D21 patch to try experimental redirect option. When enabled it redirects to "JP" again, disabling it doesn't show any message and mods download as normal.
Tried resetting network settings and fresh LFS installation with patch, didn't help.

Rough measure of "Formula XR-E" download times with redirect:
-enabled -> +7 seconds
-disabled -> +2 seconds

Not a big problem, it's just annoying knowing that it's normally faster.
Would be good if someone else from Turkey can verify.
Attached images
redirecting.png
Quote from Ridva22 :Tested D25 patch and mod downloads are

I also justed just tested the download. And while im digitally in Australia and getting redirected to jp1.lfs.net (reported on the background by the freeware CurrPorts tool). I still do not get this yellow redirect message, no clue why it does not appear. Normal chat/system messages do appear.

What I also noticed, there is no way to abort the joining/download process. So if you change your mind and want to abort the joining of a server you have to wait quite some time. Isnt hitting the ESC button an idea to abort server joining? Maybe with some dialog.
At some point before D21 the redirect message was changed to only appear if network debug is enabled (SHIFT+F8).

I'll have a look at ESC to cancel join.
A new test patch, D26, supports new dashboard options available in editor D34.

Engine damage light on dashboard is now available if set in editor
Support for new speedo and tacho style options (see editor notes)
FIX: Text size on dashboard more closely matches text in editor
FIX: Mod with 27 character name appeared in mods screen Test mode

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102117
windows defender detects new patch as virus
Attached images
Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
Quote from Orhan Umut :windows defender detects new patch as virus

it's safe, it just thinks it's a virus.
Quote from Orhan Umut :windows defender detects new patch as virus

Rename the file extension to 7z and extract it with Beyond Compare or your favorite extractor. The AV think only its a virus because the exe file contains a 7z archive.
Test patch D27

ESC key cancels the process of joining a multiplayer server
- the currently downloading skin or mod is allowed to finish

Downforce tab is now shown for all vehicles
- previously was only for those with adjustable wings
- shows an estimated maximum speed based on wind resistance
- note: the estimate does not consider rolling resistance

Speedo and tacho cannot go further than 360 degrees

Translations updated. Thanks to the translators!

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/102117
we've had some bad crashes on server, probably related with that update :
sound goes off and fps down to < 10
lfs then need a restart to recover sound
at least 4 users had this today

I got it yesterday with D26, it was so bad it even corrupted my LFS.exe file wich was "not a valid exe" anymore. Never seen this before.

hopefully we can have a mpr soon
It's extremely unlikely to be related to the update.

All such times there have been sound and frame rate issues, it has been due to mods with bad sound settings or other issues causing extremes of physics, packet hacks, etc.

We have had cases where such issues were deliberate sabotage, others where it was an innocent mistake, and others due to the low resolution physics not being able to deal with a mod. In no case has it been caused by an LFS update. On the contrary, LFS updates have been released to prevent such issues.

I really have no idea how your exe could be corrupted.

Maybe the issue is reproducible in an MPR. If you could provide an MPR of the server at the trime of the issue, and explain which driver's viewpoint to take, and which time point in the replay, in order to experience the issue, then it should be possible for me to track down the problem. Maybe a good idea to state which server it was on (I guess just a ride?) and what time it was? I guess someone must have an MPR that includes the event?
This thread is closed

Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG