The online racing simulator
LED lights in LFS [thread from 2014]
Hello racers!

I have Logitech G27 wheel.This wheel have LED lights:
http://racesimcentral.com/wp-c ... ads/2013/06/G27-LEDs1.jpg

My question is how to turn ON those lights in LFS, but without some programs.There was a video how to turn the lights but it's for older version,and dont work on this.

Thanks!
LFS doesn't support them, so you can't make them work without using any 3rd party apps, I'm afraid.
But...if you "use" your outgage for any other app, i.e LFS Sounds or CSR, these will still not work.

I spent time with Bose and still could not get mine to work, but I come to the conclusion, would I rather hear nice engine sounds or look down to LED's lighting up..its your choice

Fordie
Maybe there's some kind of proxy so that you can use both. I'm not sure if that exists for LFS though. I believe Codemasters games have one though.
Not sure Bose, but for the G27 lights, you will have to "look down" hence taking your eyes off the road, ok for a split second, but for a nice to have, its more like a "bling" effect to see your LEDS light up.

Not taking it away from you Bose, I appreciate your hard work, but for me, and me personally, this is not a "must have" but a nice to have.

Mine works with RF and GT Legends..Do I look at them no, do I wait for the red light to come on to shift gear, no, its people watching me that notice it more, and they say, WOW your steering wheel lights up.

Then I let them have a go....and I ask, did you watch the lights on the steering wheel, they say no, how would I watch the road

Fordie
Quote from Bose321 :Maybe there's some kind of proxy so that you can use both. I'm not sure if that exists for LFS though. I believe Codemasters games have one though.

Never heard of og_rely? https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1329031#post1329031

It's a proxy written in Python, that allows you to use as many OutGauge apps as you want

I like the lights, it's not been long enough to see if I'd still look at them once I get used to them though.
Thanks Bose321 it's working very good.The minus is that i have to turn on every time the program when i want to drive because i dont want to be on all the time when my PC is working.

BTW is there a settings for all LFS cars ?
Quote from BorislavB :The minus is that i have to turn on every time the program when i want to drive because i dont want to be on all the time when my PC is working.

put to autoexec.lfs -> /exec programname.exe ?

and/or create batch to run it silently
Quote from Whiskey :Never heard of og_rely? https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1329031#post1329031

It's a proxy written in Python, that allows you to use as many OutGauge apps as you want

I like the lights, it's not been long enough to see if I'd still look at them once I get used to them though.

Cheers. I'll have a look at that.
Quote from BorislavB :Thanks Bose321 it's working very good.The minus is that i have to turn on every time the program when i want to drive because i dont want to be on all the time when my PC is working.

BTW is there a settings for all LFS cars ?

Thanks for the kind words. Leaving Fanaleds running shouldn't be a problem. It uses very little resources and doesn't do anything when you're not in-game. You won't even notice it.
Hi Bose321.
Firstly, thanks a lot for the program. I recently bought a Fanatec GT3 wheel, and love it.
The only issue is that I get these big FFB jolts when it's running in AC or LFS.
Is there any way to stop it from affecting FFB?

Cheers.
Quote from farcar :Hi Bose321.
Firstly, thanks a lot for the program. I recently bought a Fanatec GT3 wheel, and love it.
The only issue is that I get these big FFB jolts when it's running in AC or LFS.
Is there any way to stop it from affecting FFB?

Cheers.

Which firmware is running on your wheel? The older wheels and firmware may have that. Is it a GT3 RS V2 or V1? If it's a V2, update your firmware to something higher than 750 (from the top of my head): http://eu.fanatec.com/download/PWGT3RS%20V2%20756.zip
Quote from Bose321 :Which firmware is running on your wheel? The older wheels and firmware may have that. Is it a GT3 RS V2 or V1? If it's a V2, update your firmware to something higher than 750 (from the top of my head): http://eu.fanatec.com/download/PWGT3RS%20V2%20756.zip

Perfect, thanks. A firmware and driver update did it.
I have a V2 wheel by the way.

And congrats on the app.
Great to hear you've got it working. Have fun on the track.
I dont seem to get OutGage working. I am on Windows 8.1, are there any known issues?
All I know is that Bose has done an amazing job, very well done indeed mate.
Next month I"ll be sending a donation your way.

Thanks a lot.
Apologies for the massive bump, but wondering if FanaLEDs is still supported?
I can't get it working with my Fanatec CSL DD.
It seems to detect my Clubsport Pedals but not my wheel or display.
Quote from farcar :Apologies for the massive bump, but wondering if FanaLEDs is still supported?
I can't get it working with my Fanatec CSL DD.
It seems to detect my Clubsport Pedals but not my wheel or display.

It doesn't seem like it's been updated since 2021 so it might not support the CSL DD (and newer hardware).
I figured as such.

Of course, my next question is whether anyone has a way to get the LEDs working on a CSL DD Base?

I can't see the dash clocks with my FOV, so they're important to my setup.
The CSL DD should be supported, but your specific rim might not be. I've sent you a reply in the DM.
Quote from farcar :I figured as such.

Of course, my next question is whether anyone has a way to get the LEDs working on a CSL DD Base?

I can't see the dash clocks with my FOV, so they're important to my setup.

It doesn't seem like there is. Fanalabs is the official app for it but doesn't seem to support LFS.
Just in case it helps anyone with a CSL DD, FanaLEDs works, only when the wheel in compatibility mode (press power butting until it's yellow).

By the way, Bose321 is a fine human - still helping out even though the app is no longer supported. Thanks!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG