#53 - Gunn
Really nice work guys.
They look great guys, nice work! :up:
Don & Kid Co. strikes again
Great stuff guys, keep 'em coming
#57 - Goop
^^ what they said, very cool
This is mindblowing.
this would be even cooler if it were real pictures of the world; that would be really cool looking
Quote from thisnameistaken :Don't really want to hijack yet another thread, but yeah my PC is getting a bit doddery - it's an old Athlon 2600+, 512Mb, 9800 Pro 128Mb. Due my tri-annual upgrade in the new year though so it'll be sorted out then.

Off topic continues...

I have almost same specs (AXP2200+/1GB/9500Pro, that's even lousier than yours) and definitely no probs at all running RBR at high settings 1024x768. Though at least I can forget putting FSAA/AF on.

Quote from 96 GTS :I need it, I doubt the free shipping applies to the U.S. though :-\ Will they ship here?

Dunno, read from the page but there is also http://www.playusa.com though that only sells DVDs. Try eBay or something, RBR's availability in USA is pretty bad.
Simply gorgeous
Hehe.

I finally got my new wallpaper
what a beauty.
Amazing! Beautiful!

This surely is the Reason why Pluto has been removed from the list of planets - It just can't keep up with these.....
Very nice!

Now I have the right wallpaper!! :-)))

Thx,guys!
Quote from Highsider9 :This surely is the Reason why Pluto has been removed from the list of planets - It just can't keep up with these....

:ices_rofl
Yeah you can tell Kid & Don's are with some kind of FOV hack in LFS. While they probably did do some editing with a panorama, to me their stuff looks like LFS as it naturally looks, without any spherical effects done to them like in that tutorial.

Would be nice if they could explain how-to do it, but I guess their creativity is their own
i can only imagine they did it the same way one would go about doing a panorama, by taking multiple pictures and then stitching them together (this of course, would be an extreme case of stitching lol)
nice work guys...

I imagined they managed to get the track models and wrapped them on a sphere in a 3D proggy of their choice, is that right? I just noticed that none of the cars in the first pic were leaving any tyre marks on such a fast heavy loading corner Brilliantly done...

edit: actually on second look there are tyre marks, and the world doesn't quite look spherical so it must be some clever photoshop work!

The rally pics also spark the imagination... is this every going to be on the cards Scawen?
Quote from jtr99 :Kev, not trying to talk you out of it, obviously everyone should own a copy of RBR. But be aware that it's not as efficient a bit of software as LFS is. You'll need a faster machine to get good framerates, it won't work on older graphics cards, and (in my case at least) the FF won't work with some wheels.

Kev I doubt you'll need to upgrade I'm on a 2.8 ghz P4, 512 MB RAM and a 9600 Pro and can play RBR fine in at least 1024 x 768 (I think maybe higher as well) with no performance issues with AA/AF turned off. It really does look that good, but then again it only has to cope with one car model
#73 - ekze
Very nice work!
#74 - Jakg
Quote from jtr99 :Kev, not trying to talk you out of it, obviously everyone should own a copy of RBR. But be aware that it's not as efficient a bit of software as LFS is. You'll need a faster machine to get good framerates, it won't work on older graphics cards, and (in my case at least) the FF won't work with some wheels.

not in my case at least, i get
~30% less FPS in RBR, which isnt that much
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe
#75 - Don
-
(Seahorse) DELETED by Seahorse

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG