The online racing simulator
Car wrap
(4 posts, started )
Car wrap
Hi all.

I'm trying to make a 1:1 car wrap of a LFS car with my own logos etc. I understand that the LFS cars are 3D objects from the beginning but due to playability the skins are redused to smaller picture size. This means that the cars looks more or less like Minecraft characters compared to a real photo of a car. My question, is it possible to create a "skin" or a other editable wrap of a LFS car if you don't have the skills to operate high end 3D software like Maya, 3DS etc.

Meseplayer
#2 - Racon
There is a way to use photoshop to paint your skin file directly on to a 3D model, but it's not required. A basic skin is just a square jpeg (1024 or 2048 pixels) which has various parts projected onto the model - there are tutorials in the skins section of the forum.
Quote from Meseplayer :Hi all.

I'm trying to make a 1:1 car wrap of a LFS car with my own logos etc. I understand that the LFS cars are 3D objects from the beginning but due to playability the skins are redused to smaller picture size. This means that the cars looks more or less like Minecraft characters compared to a real photo of a car. My question, is it possible to create a "skin" or a other editable wrap of a LFS car if you don't have the skills to operate high end 3D software like Maya, 3DS etc.

Meseplayer

I do them in Adobe illustrator.

And i knew people did them in ms paint too.
Personally I do them in 3dsMax but you can also do something simmilar in Belnder. LFS supports 8192x8192 but only downloads 512p or 1024p if you have credits.

Most of my skins that I make are 8192p.

And I would not say that software like Blender is hard to learn. There are great tutorials online. Try searching texture painting blender tutorial and you will find something. Also it offers great flexibility with procedural textures and materials. Cuts down on time massively.

Car wrap
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG