The online racing simulator
Škoda 130 RS
(50 posts, started , go to first unread)
great mod Thumbs up
Attached images
5882E6_SKODA130rs75.jpg
Quote from mitsumeku :great mod Thumbs up

That's a great skin! Do you think you could send me an editable file of it and give me a permission to include an unbranded version of it in the mod's default skins?
Version 2
- Added default liveries:
-- Škoda 130 RS inspired #75 (thanks to mitsumeku)
-- Michelin #107 and #108 (thanks to Gutholz)
- Lowered exhaust sound volume to reduce clipping

I'm happy to see my mod being used in an official league. A couple of screenshots from the NFR Cup race at Rockingham last night Smile

You can also watch the full race broadcast here:

Attached images
lfs_00001461.jpg
lfs_00001462.jpg
lfs_00001463.jpg
lfs_00001464.jpg
lfs_00001465.jpg
lfs_00001466.jpg
lfs_00001468.jpg
lfs_00001469.jpg
Nice skins in that race.
What broadcast tool is that? I like the camera shots from high above. It might look a bit smoother if you stay at one camera position longer before cutting to a new viewpoint.
It is a custom system developed by Nanex and their team. I also like what they've done with the broadcasts.
Quote from Flame CZE :It is a custom system developed by Nanex and their team. I also like what they've done with the broadcasts.

absolutely not !

that is a GUM GARAGE tool ! it's a custom broadsystem developped and coded by KingOfIce with new special cameras like drone, opponent focus pursuit , start and finish sequence etc ...

look at the videos, you can see the GUM live Tool label on it.

ps : KingofIce as also developped "Detect&Monitor" : a full datas, parameters and a inboard radar spotter for LFS
Ah sorry for the misinformation. Shy Great job on it nevertheless!
To clarify, the broadcast is managed by the NFR team (Nanex as manager of the NFR team and manager of Nanex TV channel and Hekatte as a super commentator / streamer).
They use a software that I developed which manages the driver/cars to follow (automatic or manual), all the cameras, some of which (mentioned by Tomfuel) are fully coded for the tool and finally the overlay display of the information appearing in the broadcast.

All this to show my beautiful fights with Flame CZE ! Big grin Who can then make beautiful pictures ! Thumbs up
Quote from KingOfIce :... and Hekatte as a super commentator / streamer).

He is so good at communicating the thrill of the race that I wish my French was better so I could fully understand him! Nod
Quote from tangovalens :He is so good at communicating the thrill of the race that I wish my French was better so I could fully understand him! Nod

PS. And kudos to everyone involved in this: Flame for recreating such a beautiful car, and the guys at GUM and the NFR for making this championship possible Thumbs up
Thank you Tango Wink
Congratulations to the "Staff Picks" category Smile This is my favorite mod so far. It is both nicely-done and fairly nostalgic. Reminds me of an old 110LS sedan which belonged to my grandma.
The car was so much appreciated last year that it deserved another race!
So everybody is welcome next Monday at ww.cesav.es Inscription before 21.30 CET race at 22.15
Quote from loopingz :The car was so much appreciated last year that it deserved another race!
So everybody is welcome next Monday at ww.cesav.es Inscription before 21.30 CET race at 22.15

Same thinking, it had to be in the French League this year, will be for the April race Big grin
Hi i noticed that the sound is clipping A LOT when there's multiple cars close together, can provide example if you want.
Hi!

I'm going to ask an admittedly weird question Wink

While this mod is one of my favorites (well, it's on top of this list), I'm having a strange problem with it: the car just "lasts" too little time before some mechanical problem–which I'm unable to identify–kicks in.
To illustrate, I have attached a replay of me hot-lapping the reverse Town Course through the South City, and the car having some apparent problem with its engine/drivetrain at the end of the 7th lap; that's just too little a time for a racing car Wink

I admit that's probably some problem with my driving style.
At the moment, I'm driving with the keyboard, so I have almost "digital" acceleration and braking which means the car is either in pedal-to-the-metal mode or experiences series of quick push/release cycles of the throttle pedal (say, while performing long cornering).
I do pefrorm "throttle blips" when shifting gears, so I think clutch overheating should not be an issue (the game engine controls clutch automatically for me).

Given all of the above, I'm still puzzled as to what are the reasons as I do not have the same issue with other stock cars or mods I've tried.

May I ask to look at my attached replay to try to identify what exact problems with my (clearly subpar) driving make the engine or drivetrain to break, and what exactly breaks?

I'm using the latest official patch (0.7D, I think).
Attached files
kostix_SO5R_5882E6_15107.zip - 263.4 KB - 121 views
You're overheating the clutch

Attached images
lfs_00000005.jpg
Quote from johneysvk :You're overheating the clutch

Oh, thanks: today I learned about F9 to get in-game info on this stuff Smile

Do I understand correctly that the effect I'm observing–the revs going steadily up on any gear without the car accelerating–is the clutch's discs slipping against each other due to overheating, so no power transfer happens?

Well, I'm still at a loss anyway: as can be clearly seen during the replay if Display → Show Pedals is on, auto clutch works (the violet-colored bar), and I can even attest that the game tries to model what a human driver is supposed to do: when changing from neutral to the 1st, the clutch is being released slowly, and if I get the car into an uncontrolled skid, it disengages the clutch and keeps it that way until I switch to neutral.

I mean, I was sure in the case of the keyboard input, the clutch is supposed to "just work", and that I could ever get an overheated clutch while driving using a "real" contoller–that is, a wheel with three pedals Shrug
Quote from johneysvk :You're overheating the clutch

Well, OK, with the clutch temp and pedals display I've managed to not overheat the clutch on the same route during 10 laps–looks like "throttle blips" must not really be blips but rather pronounced pauses allowing the simulated clutch pedal to fully go up.

I still have no idea why I never had this issue with any other stock car and mod I've tried but looks my problem is solved, thanks!

Sadly, this fact makes me think competing against AIs at levels above "OK" will be next to impossible as it shifts gears as fast as possible–at least I've got this impression. Need to re-check a bunch of replays involving AI drivers, though.
Well I have driven worn put clutches and no matter how gentle you are it slips like crazy. This car is very sensible to clutch overheating that explain you are suffering!
Will it be republished soon?
I’m remodelling the wheels to comply with the limits.
Thanks Flame CZE ! One of my favorite cars... Heart
Updated rims to fit the triangle limit
Reduced exhaust volume to reduce clipping when multiple cars are close to each other
Attached images
image.png

Škoda 130 RS
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG