The online racing simulator
Driving views
(56 posts, started )
Quote from Gunn :If you use the dynamic head movement you will find the side mirrors useful, otherwise it isn't much use ATM.

That is true if I didn't use the virtual mirror. In some of the cars you can adjust the center mirror over to be in view when looking straight ahead but not all the cars (at least with my FOV, I use 80). But then I'm also using wheels view for frame rates, so I can't see any mirrors anyways. But I never thought of loosing the center mirror in view when you are turning drivers side and being able to use the side instead because of the dynamic head movement. I have that set at 0.30 sensitivity. I don't like it moving much when I'm countersteering. It messes me up big time.
2 shots of my in car view 2nd one a bit off centre.
Attached images
IMGP0644.JPG
IMGP0645.JPG
Quote from BargeArse :2 shots of my in car view 2nd one a bit off centre.

I sit way far back from the wheel compared to that, dont like to hover the wheel in case of an accident, i'd rather not smash my face to bits haha, i'm sure it gives ya more leverage though
Quote from Blackout :Cockpit without the wheel and hands best for me

Same with me, I also agree with teh extra set of arm and wheel, so I zoom in as close as possible without taking out the mirrors, so I can see the mirros, the dashboard and the place where the wheel is suppse to be is replaced by my real wheel, can't wait till I get my new computer hooked up, that one actually has a dual monitor veiw unlike my current pc.
Quote from DodgeRacer :I sit way far back from the wheel compared to that, dont like to hover the wheel in case of an accident, i'd rather not smash my face to bits haha, i'm sure it gives ya more leverage though

Actually i sit a fair way back, my arms are nearly straight when on the wheel. But the picture shows what i see in my vision when i am looking at the road (or my driveway in this case..) So LFS should look the same, right?

Oh and Spoon i made the dials the same colour as the LCD in a Toyota Echo, to make LFS more attractive to the missus, back when she still drove one of those little things. It didn't work. Better change it huh?
#56 - Gunn
Quote from mrodgers :That is true if I didn't use the virtual mirror. In some of the cars you can adjust the center mirror over to be in view when looking straight ahead but not all the cars (at least with my FOV, I use 80). But then I'm also using wheels view for frame rates, so I can't see any mirrors anyways. But I never thought of loosing the center mirror in view when you are turning drivers side and being able to use the side instead because of the dynamic head movement. I have that set at 0.30 sensitivity. I don't like it moving much when I'm countersteering. It messes me up big time.

I've been playng around with it a little since reading a few posts here, it has been some time since I adjusted any view settings. I have tweaked the centre mirror a little and am going to disable the head movement (it is a bit pendulum-like and robotic for me, I find it a bit distractive at times). What a different ride it is with head movement turned off, have to get use to it again. :P

It would be nice to have a real side mirror view but of course that would eat resources like a doberman at a kitten farm.

For now I think I have the best setup that my driving demands and just need a little practice to get used to my new settings. I have almost mastered the quick tap required for a "half-glance" left and right, I envy those who have multiple-monitor setups. :melting:

Driving views
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG