The online racing simulator

Poll : Which divisions would you take part in?

Monday/Tuesday 6-7pm GMT
Saturday 4pm GMT
#1 - axus
If LXCC ran two divisions, which one would you take part in?
Hi guys,

I know things have been a bit quiet for the past day or two - sorry about that. Everything is still going to plan, I'm just very busy at the moment.

There has been some interest expressed in having 2 LXCC divisions - one that runs on Monday/Tuesday evenings starting at about 6-7PM GMT (8PM GMT is a bit late for me in SA as races would sometimes finish past mid-night) and one that runs at about 4PM GMT on Saturday. I would like to know who would take part in which division if this happens - and if you would (i.e. attend both races, not just having either be fine for you) participate in both, please vote for both.

I'd just like to gauge whether there's any point in splitting the divisions and if it would make for two smaller grids rather than one big one.
My current schedule allows for the Mon-Tue time slot, if/when it changes then the Sat time slot will work. I know the my schedule is changign just don't know when.
I'd want to join the one with all the slow drivers.
I'd prefer the weekdays evenings
The server without those sub-wr drivers

(voted for saturdays, much better chance to get 100% participation for me. Though if splitting into two divisions, why not make divA and divB based on hotlap times etc. to balance the groups? Otherwise there is chance that choosing one div could guarantee better results than choosing the other)
Hrmmm if the divisions were split depending on the time they would race, that would seem a bit odd to me.

There are some North American players that would love to have a division suited for them, and any day of the week or weekend would usually work for that. Because we'd be racing at night during our time. The same applies to you but you would be racing during times which are well suited for Europe... etc.

If there was a North American division, that would be nice. But seeing that the majority is over on your end, I would focus more on the time to race for THAT. But if you still wanted to have two divisions, that would be great. And it would be quite possible that the divisions could race on the same day, just at night depending on where they are.

So for example:

Tuesday: 6-7pm - European Division
Tuesday: 10:30pm - NA Division (since I am in PST, it would be 6:30 pm for me)

Only thing I could think of. But I am probably only one who is PST, so I wouldn't make it dependant on me, and I don't have to be in this
@Tweak: Do you mean 10:30 PM EST/EDT? 10:30pm GMT would be 2:30pm PST. 6:30pm PST is 2:30am GMT, and 9:30pm EST (my time zone) which, if we're racing on the weekend, isn't a problem.
Quote from Tweaker :
Only thing I could think of. But I am probably only one who is PST, so I wouldn't make it dependant on me, and I don't have to be in this

2 people in PST :P

Maybe have the NA and Europe divisions divided, then the top 10 from each come together for a showdown, 2 races, points, and thats how you decide the finishing order?

So I.E, Tweak, Forbin, Me, Random #4-10 are first-10th in NA division, and Axus, Bob Smith, and Random #3-10 are in first- 10th in European division, then we find a time that works for both. If someone drops out of either, 11-20th can be called up for the championship series. Then we go to 1 or 2 tracks (spaced by a week?) and do 30 min quali, then the race for each. Do the points the same as the first races of the season, just in a mini-series (Think Nascar chase for the cup?)

Just throwing that out there, it would solve the time issue, and make a very exciting last 2 races, seeing 1/2 of the competitors haven't raced each other for the whole season, and it would be able to have 1 champion, instead of a NA and EU champ.
Quote from Forbin :@Tweak: Do you mean 10:30 PM EST/EDT? 10:30pm GMT would be 2:30pm PST. 6:30pm PST is 2:30am GMT, and 9:30pm EST (my time zone) which, if we're racing on the weekend, isn't a problem.

Yes 10:30pm EST time is when east coast would be racing, and that would be 6:30 for me. Leaves me time to get off work, etc etc. But sometimes my hours are random, so weekends is the only thing that could work best for me.
#10 - axus
Quote from Tweaker :Hrmmm if the divisions were split depending on the time they would race, that would seem a bit odd to me.

There are some North American players that would love to have a division suited for them, and any day of the week or weekend would usually work for that. Because we'd be racing at night during our time. The same applies to you but you would be racing during times which are well suited for Europe... etc.

If there was a North American division, that would be nice. But seeing that the majority is over on your end, I would focus more on the time to race for THAT. But if you still wanted to have two divisions, that would be great. And it would be quite possible that the divisions could race on the same day, just at night depending on where they are.

So for example:

Tuesday: 6-7pm - European Division
Tuesday: 10:30pm - NA Division (since I am in PST, it would be 6:30 pm for me)

I think we would indeed call them the NA division and the European division, but NA drivers would still be welcome in the European division and European drivers would still be welcome in the NA division to help us achieve larger grids.
Quote from axus :but NA drivers would still be welcome in the European division and European drivers would still be welcome in the NA division to help us achieve larger grids.

I guess.... but that is the problem here. If you ran two divisions, the points and competitors should be run seperately in my opinion. There really is no point trying to shoot for a championship if you are split up not racing each other.
#12 - axus
Quote from Tweaker :I guess.... but that is the problem here. If you ran two divisions, the points and competitors should be run seperately in my opinion. There really is no point trying to shoot for a championship if you are split up not racing each other.

Certainly - two seperate championships is what we shall run. (if we decide to split them)
My idea would be to have 2 seperate divisions champions, but then have top 10 from both divisions compete to determine an overall champion.
I wanna be teamed with a slow driver, so then I don't feel like I'm pulling them down. And I have a feeling that there will be no "Slow" division,.
How many participants are we looking atm? 10? 20? 30? Anything less than 30 should defenately not be split onto to 2 servers. And to get full grids, you could allow the spare driver to participate as well, but give points only for the best 2 drivers per team. So three man teams, with 2 LX4s and LX6.

Just friendly suggestions, not trying to tell you how to run it

(EDIT: Or maybe a FIA styled thing to allow third cars to those who have less points, like they are seventh or worse in total standings )
#17 - axus
Quote from Hyperactive :How many participants are we looking atm? 10? 20? 30? Anything less than 30 should defenately not be split onto to 2 servers. And to get full grids, you could allow the spare driver to participate as well, but give points only for the best 2 drivers per team. So three man teams, with 2 LX4s and LX6.

Just friendly suggestions, not trying to tell you how to run it

It looks like about 16 teams or so if we split the divisions and 9 if we have one, I'd say. At the moment, I'm actually quite keen on the idea of splitting them.
Tuesday for me please.
I'd like one big grid if possible, but as long as there are enough cars per race, then we can split it up. Just my two cents...
Say there was enough interest to warrant another tuesday/euro division; would you then split that into another seperate championship, or divide points in some other fashion? ( A & B grids determined by quali, with less points awarded in grid B i.e.)

I have an interested team, but we want to be absolutely sure that there are no plans to distribute points between divisions by comparing overall times.

Ok, thanks
#21 - axus
Quote from Tyrion :Say there was enough interest to warrant another tuesday/euro division; would you then split that into another seperate championship, or divide points in some other fashion? ( A & B grids determined by quali, with less points awarded in grid B i.e.)

I have an interested team, but we want to be absolutely sure that there are no plans to distribute points between divisions by comparing overall times.

Ok, thanks

There are no such plans. It would be unfair to combine two seperate divisions on one points system.
#22 - axus
We've decided to split it into two divisions now. Each division will be independent and there will be no atempt to compare the divisions officially during the season. However, we may make a smaller several race championship between the top 3 teams in each division after the season is over, Emphasis on may... no decision has been made on this yet and it will certainly be dependant on the teams' desire to do this. Registering for the league now (once final sign-ups open, which will open soon - certainly before the week is out) by no means makes it compulsory for you to take part in any such thing even if it does take place.
Why not go into a massively high amounts of divisions, featuring races every day.. like 400 servers every day... :hide:
#24 - axus
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why not go into a massively high amounts of divisions, featuring races every day.. like 400 servers every day... :hide:

Shhhh.... they mustn't know yet.
I didn't say you were doing that? Did I?... or Are you..???

Dare I say... WORLD DOMINATION!!

RUN FOR THE HILLS EVERYONE!! LXCC IS A DIVERSION FROM THE WORLD DOMINATION... :hide:
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG