The online racing simulator
#76 - ste_
Ah, the trials and tribulations of you wheelers.. another reason why mouse is best
Can you break a FF wheel with a high speed crash ? You know what ? I don't care. No, really, I don't. What I DO care about is the complaints I get from people using my server, that they get rammed at full speed after the race is over. I personally don't even have a FF wheel, but I have used one and I understand what people say. A full speed hit COULD damage a wheel IMHO, they are made of plastic after all. unless of course some of you have the $3000 ecci wheel thats all metal, in which case, sure, ram away.

It's not just the possible damage however, some drivers have a family, in a small house, and a wheel thrashing about and banging wildly, in a bedroom next to where your kids are asleep, or your partner is asleep, could possibly wake them up, I have a friend who gets complaints from his wife when the noise of his wheel wakes her up.

Who do you think you are to tell me I am not allowed to have a 'no crashing after the race' rules on my server if I want to have a rule like that ?

Why do I need to justify my self and go in to a big explanation about WHY I feel the need to have that rule ? THATS THE RULE, DEAL WITH IT. My reasons are valid, but I DO NOT HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY SELF TO YOU ! Get your own server if you don't like my rules, and stop bad mouthing me because you behave like a 12 year old and break the rules. DO YOU BREAK THE RULES AT WORK ? OR WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING YOU CAR ? Life has consequences, this may be a game, but when you wife tells you she is going to kill you because you woke her up, it becomes real life.

Now to the individual whiners....

The Very End - I spent 10 minutes trying to persuade you, POLITELY, to read the server rules, you kept demanding to know what you did wrong, I would say 'read the rules'. After 10 minutes I got tired of your whining, I told you to read the f'ing rules, you still complained. Ultimately, I told you that if you couldn't be bothered to read the rules, then I was not holding your hand and walking you through it, and I banned you. You are not worth 10 minutes of my time, I should have banned you sooner, I was being polite. Don't like it ? TOUGH, READ THE RULES NEXT TIME. - Want to see the replay? email me and I will send it to you.

Fusion.Rev, I really don't know where you get off, after all the help I gave you back when you were a noob, setting up your server and all that stuff, now you come at me with this attitude when I have never done anything to you ? What is your problem ? Got something to say, say it to me, I don't go in your threads and bad mouth you, but you think you have the right to do it to me ? You need to learn respect, like so many other people that cry because they break the rules. Who I ban from my server is none of your concern, why do you think you have the right to post this stuff ? Do you want to start some kind of war between Fusion and Red Line ? And that said, you have the cheek to come here and tell me I have an attitude problem ? Thats rich...

Tukko - Interesting story, got the replay of that ? Id like to see what it is you claim I did. If you can tell me the drivers name, I will find the replay for you and let you see it again, I auto save all my replays and Im confident that the facts of what happened are nothing like you are suggesting. I suggest you start your own server or go and race on one with no admins on it if you like to do what ever you want and get away with it, thats not what redline racing is about.

MG Black wolf, you ignored the blue flag on the server today, even when I did pass you, you didn't lift off the gas to let me get clear of you, you kept it flat out and you held the outside line on the approach to the corner, forcing me to stay on the inside as I approached it. Was this enough to ban you ? Probably not, but for the small fact that another one of your team mates gave me a load of abuse in another thread, over the blue flag rule, and this guy wasn't even on the server I was on and didn't see what happened, but he thought he would chip in and give me abuse anyway. Im not going to name him, you ask your team mates who it was if you want to know. Ultimately, thats the second time I have had touble with an MG driver over the blue flag rule, there won't be a third time. Read the server rules, don't like them ? dont join !

DONT CRY WHEN YOU BREAK THE RULES AND GET BANNED FOR IT ! There are LOADS of empty servers, with no admins, that you can go and race on, I happen to take an interest in my server and I run it how I like, is it my fault it's full all the time ?

Is it my fault people break the rules then argue with admins to the point that they get kicked and or banned for it ? The rules are there to promote CLEAN racing, and for NO OTHER REASON. If you do not like the server rules, DO NOT JOIN.

Feel free to email replays where an admin was disrespectful to redline_racing@hotmail.co.uk and I will be happy to look at it, but I think you will find, a kick or ban is only used as a last resort and if my self or another admin felt the need to ban someone, then it's because they broke the rules and then started arguing about it.

Breaking the rules alone will rarely get you a ban, then going on to argue about why you should be allowed to break the rules, will. We are here to race, not argue.

I will not enter in to a discussion in to this matter in these forums, this is my first, and last post on the subject, use the email if you have something mature and contructive to say, other wise stay out my server and stop complaining, we are here to RACE.
Just to clarify.

I have NOT broken your rules in racing or after the racing EVER !(shite Ive crashed at the wrong time and took a person out but thats about it) !. I find most of them very good! like the words.

What I have not done is to read the rules since I first started to use the server...Ie Ive read them once... Do people here read the rules each time they start a game....No

I was actualy kicked after seeing 3 good racers getting abuse and some kicked. And I spoke up about it......

One last point I wish to make. The Redline Racing Server is hosted as a public Server, This is a post about a problem I have had in an open public server on LFS. Maybe a way forward for redline racing would be to make there server Password protected and invite racers in. That way they would not have to deal with the LFS general public...in a public manner.

Regardless of who controls the server the LFS public deserves an equal respect

I am very happy for the Forum Admins to Lock / Remove this topic.

As Ive said a few times, Im sorted. I will vote with my feet and not use the server again, and I wish Redline Racing all the best, matter closed for me.
I can totally agree on this, I don't like it when people ram me after a race. In fact, I shouldn't have to give a good reason for not liking it* and I shouldn't have to pit after the race. I move off the racetrack to be out of the way but that's as far as I'll go. Wreck other cars on the racetrack or the wall, I don't care, just leave me alone.
*I like the gorgeous look of my car unharmed
#80 - Jakg
Quote from zeugnimod :One member of a team doesnt behave correctly on a server and the whole team gets banned?

me and shoemaker have had disagreements (over the blue flag, and some replays posted on this forum, whic know realise is more of an understanding-English problem on both sides with the words "Pull Over"!), and truth be known im suprised in not banned, but after going on the server i've had some good racing (ok, the odd crash were i got taped, but that happens, even if i did get irate!), but i cant see the reason for the rest of [MG] to be banned
Quote from BigDave2967 :but since it was Blackwolf himself, MG have to clear their name.

wait a minute, i have to clear my name because of someone elses actions? we've had problems with members before (some of you LFS Forum whores (like me!) will remember Bahrain, who used to be on [MG] until his attitude got him kicked out), but i hope this won't be like that. Still, i think judging a whole team on one members actions is a little unfair
ehm, i think i have right to post on this forum. i had no problems with u at all till u left fusion. i mean the way u left. btw, i wont bug u and ur teammates any more, good luck in the future
FIN would you be kind enough to get a replay and post it up here?

Only the last guy who said he was sticking up for people turned out to be swearing and being abusive
#83 - Jakg
sorry to whoever said the whole team was perma banned, i mis-read it as "you should be perma banned"

however i'm connected no, so aparently im not!
I think this thread has debased itself into a bitching session. A servers rules is a servers rules. No matter if you feel those rules are idiotic, silly or just down right wrong. They are the rules and if you play on somebody's elses server that they pay good money for then you should not be in the least offended if you are asked to leave or booted.

Wan't to run your own dictatorship then invest in your own server and you can govern it how the hell you want. But don't get worked up over something you have no control over. A mature, objective analysis of the bad rules is to be encouraged. A juvanile rant is just that, juvanile.

No point crying over spilt milk.

Prehaps a judiscious thread closing might be in order before this gets completly out of hand. Enough people have been insulted already.
#85 - Jakg
ok - went on the server, watched Evo, she seemed to drive fair, and although got in an accident and got slightly annoyed (even though it was her fault) she apologized once i pointed out that from chase view i saw her drive into him

seems to me like some people aren't reading the rules, i've made my peace with her over our argument, and Blackwolf's ban is gone
#86 - SamH
Yep I agree. The original poster has said what he wanted to say about the admins, and the admins have taken their opportunity to respond. Both have stated that they have nothing more to say on the topic, and so the thread cannot progress to a better conclusion than it already has. Night night, topic
Quote from Shoe Maker :Now to the individual whiners....

Tukko - Interesting story, got the replay of that ? Id like to see what it is you claim I did. If you can tell me the drivers name, I will find the replay for you and let you see it again, I auto save all my replays and Im confident that the facts of what happened are nothing like you are suggesting. I suggest you start your own server or go and race on one with no admins on it if you like to do what ever you want and get away with it, thats not what redline racing is about.

Hello cutie!

One of the dozens of whiners here.. Well actually I have nothing to whine about as I wasn't racing there, I was just amusing myself and learning how to be a better admin

and I'm sorry I didn't save any replay.. but as you said you've autosaved all the replays so maybe you wanna check them out? It must be hard tho to have so many 'banned, banned, banned' replays..

and what comes to admining.. well I can start my own server and ban everyone who joins it.. can't really see what's the point of that tho.. if I start a server I want people to join it and stay there. Usually I use my admin power on my team server.. and yes, someone might say I'm quite trigger happy.. well maybe sometimes I am.. but I've never banned anyone for being newbie or too slow.

Server rules are server rules.. if you're running a server and say that only 1st gear allowed then that's the rule and people should follow that. Only thing that really bothers me is that there are 10 different threads about being banned from the Redline Racing.. haven't ever seen so many banned from other servers threads.. have you? Maybe it's the community's way to say that you should fix your rules.. or admining? And this post wasn't bitching
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG