The online racing simulator
RedLine Racing Server - Pathetic Admin - Rant
Driver name:- FIN[UK]

S2
From UK
Age 31
Stats
Total stats:Travelled distance:21545 MlFuel burnt:16675 LtrLaps:9181Hosts joined:442Races won:60Second:124Third:132Finished:1142

After putting over 75 hours On the Redline Server, doing my best to race clean and learn the track. And getting my PB down.

Even telling my friends to get in there and race the Fox.

Tonight I find myself in utter bewilderment in the PATHETIC attitude of one member of the Server Admin.... Redline EVO

SHE made a new rule up on the spot [EDIT - I stand corrected, This rule had been added since I started using the forum. This was the first instance I have ever seen it enforced)

She starts kicking good honest racers because they have a bit of fun after the race....

She Stated that its against the rules to crash after the race because.....IT BREAKS FORCE FEEDBACK WHEELS

I Told her she was talking total rubbish. A Wheel could only break because it was about knackered in the first place. Well I was kicked 3 times in a row.

So Sodd em, I have no respect for a fool like that

Anyway your loss Redline Racing, And Id like to State that I will never race on your server Again...which is a shame......Because Ive enjoyed it

Rant Over... .....Time to learn a new track

Look forward to some more close clean racing else where
Evo is a SHE mate, just to clarify.
Saucer of milk . . .
Its one thing you never know in this game.....lol
Anyway people........ Im off to learn a new track
Quote from finlay :IT BREAKS FORCE FEEDBACK WHEELS

Apart from being highly annoying to get a kick in the chin because some dimwit decides it's ok to ram you at full speed when you're parked in the grass after the race typing a message over the top of your FFB wheel, yes it could in fact break your FFB wheel. It was not designed to get slammed side to side at lightning speed without anything stopping it but the bumpstops inside it. It should be able to hold some slamming, but wear will make it break sometime.

Yes yes, press ESC and it turns off FFB, but heat of the moment discussions sometimes cause minor amnesia. You forget (and are promptly reminded) sometimes.

EDIT:
On a side note, I think Redline Racing should change their name... Unless their webpage is actually teamredline.co.uk, in which case they should take me in as a member for causing all the confusion. There is already a (very famous) team redline (racing) in simworld whose members are some of the best simracers known to mankind.
Hey FIN,

I've raced with you several times on that server, you seem a decent enough racer. But being perfectly honest I hate people crashing into me after the race, mainly because my wheel goes nuts. So I'd support the admin's decision. I could always shift-s, or drive round the back of the pits, but why should I have to?
is it just me, or have admins in most servers recently been exploiting their authorities?
Pisses me off when people plough into me after the race too. I usually try to pull off somewhere out of the way but if I ever forget and just pull over onto the grass there's always some cretin who will decide to drive full-tilt into my car.

Just stop doing it and you won't have to bitch about any server admins any more. Easy.
Quote from BigDave2967 :Evo is a SHE mate, just to clarify.

lol everyday i discover that we (girls) are more than i thought...

back on topic:
it's not a new rule, i remember a month ago some admin warned about after race crashes because of ffb safety, if i was you i would take it easy: you were kicked and not banned and btw after the firs kick, imo you should have stopped, it's their home with their rules and not so strange rules imo, besides it seems true (and i believe it) that ffb may get broken by too violent crash...

honestly i don't understand why you are so upset, if that rule is a discrimination for you to race again on that server, i think you are to extreme.

i hope you go back trhough this decision, i remember having good races with you, just think about it
Quote from Honey :lol everyday i discover that we (girls) are more than i thought...

I'm trying to persuade one more to join you LFS-ladies... I want a female member in my frikkin team (I don't wanna be sexist, so we need one )
Thanks for the reply's people, interesting about the force feedback, Point taken!

It was a new rule on this server( as far as I had seen), But some of the good guys were being kicked. With no time for them to respond

And its not that at the end of that race I personaly hit any one
Its just the total attitude of FU

As said I will move on its best that way.....
Quote from TagForce :I want a female member in my frikkin team (I don't wanna be sexist, so we need one )

lol what an excuse!!!

if she is a motorsport passionate, just let her try lfs...she will go crazy for it...at least so i did...
Quote from finlay :As said I will move on its best that way.....

if you made your decision, then let me suggest you fern bay black with fox... the only problem is that it is a too rare combo...
Fin I was there when they kicked you. EVO also had a bitch to me about read the rules or leave blah blah, but at the end of the day they are the admins and can do what they want. Yes, EVO had an attitude problem but thats life.

Maybe they have no friends or have low self esteem I dont care but there's sod all you can do it about it mate.

And to all these people complaining, if the FFB affects you so much then just Shift + S and stop whining FFS
Quote from Honey :lol what an excuse!!!

if she is a motorsport passionate, just let her try lfs...she will go crazy for it...at least so i did...

Shes a tough bird to overtake.
Quote from BigDave2967 :Shes a tough bird to overtake.

Who? EVO? Now that I know she's a human of the female persuasion the chance of that is about 500% higher. I have mental issues when overtaking women, and mostly end up with metal issues from the armco shortly thereafter.

Honey... Yes, but if all goes well I can't flirt and have fun with all the LFS women, because you'll all tell on me to her.
The only way I can see crashes in to others users causing their wheels FFB to damage its self is when they are using excessive FFB properties. I use a sensible amount of FFB, I can feel what the car is doing.. I can nearly tell wether the paint on the corners are gloss or matt (top gear quote ). But I have NEVER had my wheel 'lock' its self out over a crash.

But seriously.. if you're having to use such an amount of force feedback which could potentially damage your wheel, then it's up to you to pit, pull over to a safe place or press escape.
There will always be people having fun and crashing in to each other after a race.. its been that way ever since I have been playing LFS, and any other Sim. If the server admin on that particular server enforce a stipulation of not to crash after a race.. then do as you're told. But like I said.. anyone who wishes to use such a high amount of force feedback, then it is your responsibility to protect your OWN wheel!
Quote from finlay :And its not that at the end of that race I personaly hit any one
Its just the total attitude of FU

At the end of the day, it is their / her server and as an administrator they have the power and the right to do what they'd like with it. Granted its not nice, and if I did similar things at work, say shutting down every desktop in a building for instance, I wouldn't be in my job long, but its a different world - especially on a free to use, public server. Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be obvious to a large majority of people.
Quote from Stealthy04 :The only way I can see crashes in to others users causing their wheels FFB to damage its self is when they are using excessive FFB properties. I use a sensible amount of FFB, I can feel what the car is doing.. I can nearly tell wether the paint on the corners are gloss or matt (top gear quote ). But I have NEVER had my wheel 'lock' its self out over a crash.

But seriously.. if you're having to use such an amount of force feedback which could potentially damage your wheel, then it's up to you to pit, pull over to a safe place or press escape.
There will always be people having fun and crashing in to each other after a race.. its been that way ever since I have been playing LFS, and any other Sim. If the server admin on that particular server enforce a stipulation of not to crash after a race.. then do as you're told. But like I said.. anyone who wishes to use such a high amount of force feedback, then it is your responsibility to protect your OWN wheel!

I kind of disagree with you... Yes, it is up to me to pit if I don't want to be hit, but sometimes you forget. And I'm using a high FFB setting because that feels more realistic in terms of steering force needed to turn the car.

I'm not making a big deal of the crashing bit... It's just annoying to have someone actually aim for you while you're in the grass out of the way and seeing your wheel go nuts. They want to crash, fine by me.. I don't, but apparently I don't have a say in the matter. Oh well... I'm used to it by now.
#21 - th84
She has issue's and needs to seek help for them. She has her own rules for every imaginable situation..... remind's me of another person (who shall remain nameless) with undeserved "power"..... It really suck's that one person can ruin a such a good thing for alot of good racer's/people!

It pisses me off sometimes too when people crash me after the race... but only if i havent had my "dinner" yet.
Quote from BigDave2967 :Shes a tough bird to overtake.

who, EVO? yes she is really fast...too fast for me..., btw tag was talking about other girl not yet addicted to lfs...
Quote from TagForce :Who? EVO? Now that I know she's a human of the female persuasion the chance of that is about 500% higher. I have mental issues when overtaking women, and mostly end up with metal issues from the armco shortly thereafter.

Honey... Yes, but if all goes well I can't flirt and have fun with all the LFS women, because you'll all tell on me to her.

oh, don't worry...i have only good things to say about you...for now!!!!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Pisses me off when people plough into me after the race too. I usually try to pull off somewhere out of the way but if I ever forget and just pull over onto the grass there's always some cretin who will decide to drive full-tilt into my car.

Just stop doing it and you won't have to bitch about any server admins any more. Easy.

exactly .
Quote from finlay :
She Stated that its against the rules to crash after the race because.....IT BREAKS FORCE FEEDBACK WHEELS

Its always been in the rules of that server, but nobody bothers to read them. Just the other day i was warning people about ramming cars full speed after a race, i typed my messeage 'type !rules to remind yourselfs of the server rules' many many times, not 1 person in a 23 slot server typed !rules.

Fin i have raced with you, and you are clean and fast. But if its in the server rules that flash up telling you to type !rules when you join the server, then its your own fault. After 72 hours of racing there you must have seen the entrance message a very large number of times.

It can easily break FFB wheels, which are expencive...unless your willing to pay for the damage caused you should respect these rules.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG