The online racing simulator
Helmet - need idea for top
(23 posts, started )
I started making this helmet awhile ago, everytime I try to complete it, it ends up as it was when I first opened the .psd.
I am happy with everything so far, the only thing incomplete is the top part, I'm stumped. No idea what to do with it, whenever an idea pops up, it doesn't work or I don't have the patience to do it.

Any ideas?
Attached images
HEL_CropsyV2 copy.jpg
For the top you could probably ad one or two 'swooshes' like you did on the lower-sides. Like maybe have it point in the middle at the front and taper into a wide curve going to the back.

But you have an interesting stripe design for the side, that looks cool. You wouldn't want to spoil that. So you need something out of the way for the top, and I think. What I would do is make a "ring" to match the side stripes. Look at most F1 driver's helmets, you'll see what I mean. Inside that ring you could probalby use white or checkered flag, up to you
Looking good so far I'd suggest a circular design on the top as well. Use one of the game's helmets and trace out the circular area. (need to use the straight lines so that it looks proper from the sides =/ )
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Had another little play after a few ideas from Tweak & Kev. Just a quick effort, I'll do a tidier version tomorrow.
Not Sure which to go with...
Attached images
HEL_CropsyV2 copy.jpg
HEL_CropsyV2.TJ.jpg
rofl at last one

Ummmm... it's a good start, but you know, you could even use something as simple as using two thick white stripes right down the middle. and then that large curve taper part you used on the back, use that as the end of the stripes. I attached something to explain:

(not sure what it looks like in viewer, I just drew some lines.....
Attached images
HEL_CropsyV2 copy_002.jpg
Just had another play, but no changes. Back to the original all black top. I've tried stripes before, but it looks strange to me.

I am going to give up with it before my computer goes through the window. :banghead:
Why not make a round top, like 99% of the helmets, and make a nice pattern on it or so? Always looks good. :P

Oh, and in my opinion, you should make the stripes on the sides wider, but that's just my silly opinion, it's your helmet.

I don't know if you like it, but I made this template a while ago. It's an Arai design. On the the banner on the visor isn't that great, but I'm sure that's not too difficult to make.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=154262#post154262
#8 - CSU1
Put a big shamfock on there , that'l look awsome
Quote from Darkone55 :Why not make a round top, like 99% of the helmets, and make a nice pattern on it or so? Always looks good. :P

Oh, and in my opinion, you should make the stripes on the sides wider, but that's just my silly opinion, it's your helmet.

I don't know if you like it, but I made this template a while ago. It's an Arai design. On the the banner on the visor isn't that great, but I'm sure that's not too difficult to make.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=154262#post154262

Because 99% of helmets have a round top.

Nice template, using that though would mean shipping all of the current layers to that and having to resize them, or starting from scratch.
-
Quote from MAGGOT :Looking good so far I'd suggest a circular design on the top as well. Use one of the game's helmets and trace out the circular area. (need to use the straight lines so that it looks proper from the sides =/ )

Is there a 1024 version?
#11 - Smax
I like what you have to be honest, and don't necessarily think you need worry about having a "blank" top, especially since you don't really want to imitate the majority of real life designs and draw a circle on the top of your lid.
Quote from Cropsy :Is there a 1024 version?

No, but I just resize the small helmets to fit my working size (2048). For these purposes, it works fine for me. It's close enough and the inconsistencies can be tweaked manually after.
#13 - JJ72
a ass crack right down the middle will do perfectly.
Quote from MAGGOT :No, but I just resize the small helmets to fit my working size (2048). For these purposes, it works fine for me. It's close enough and the inconsistencies can be tweaked manually after.

I didn't think of doing that... thanks

Quote from JJ72 : a ass crack right down the middle will do perfectly.

Sorry, I draw the line at Tom Jones.
I don't know which is worse, an ass crack (goatse!!) or tom jones?
Finished. Thanks for he help guys.
Attached images
HEL_CropsyV2.jpg
thats problem with our flag

its a plus we've got a cute little dragon which always looks good, especially on the flag in sunlight

its a minus with the actual pattern if you want to make a design as you've basically got a flag which is half white and half green.

i'm playing around with new skins for my cars and its a bugger to keep it obviously based on flag whilst doing something with it. at moment ive a few ideas which are ok but to go any further it may well mean going down the sports shirt route with a red body and white and green trim or the red bull F1 approach and replace the bull with a dragon
-
I know what you mean. This is the first skin I have completed that isn't red, green and white. With my current car skins I have a Castrol theme which sits in well with our nations colours.
The red bull idea is good, we have a great flag but it's so hard to use it. I've been trying to figure out a way to incorporate it into a design, but I'm short on ideas there.
Quote from thisnameistaken :You should just use the Union Jack instead, it's easy to incorporate into designs, doesn't have a silly dragon on it or any of that nonsense, and it's also England's flag so you gain the extra kudos of being associated with England.

if it had ant welsh content then maybe i could but its only got scotland ireland and that other place who i cant quite remember

now what it needs is a great big dragon across the middle
Quote from tinvek :if it had ant welsh content then maybe i could but its only got scotland ireland and that other place who i cant quite remember

now what it needs is a great big dragon across the middle

The Union Jack has no Irish in it. It's English and Scotish. Wales isn't in the flag because no one considers it a country. It'd be like me saying I live in the country of Lincolnshire.
-
Quote from Cropsy :Finished. Thanks for he help guys.

That's a take off the Flag Of Newfoundland.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The Union Jack has no Irish in it. It's English and Scotish. Wales isn't in the flag because no one considers it a country. It'd be like me saying I live in the country of Lincolnshire.

check out what the red cross on top of the scotish white cross is m8 clue here http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/images/symbols/flags.htm though to be fair it was created by the english in dublin whilst they were in charge there so you could argue your correct
Quote from AtomAnt :That's a take off the Flag Of Newfoundland.

It looks nothing like the newfie flag. I'd say more Labrador.

Quote from tinvek :check out what the red cross on top of the scotish white cross is m8 clue here http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/images/symbols/flags.htm though to be fair it was created by the english in dublin whilst they were in charge there so you could argue your correct

I've never seen that flag before. I've only ever seen The Ulster.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG