The online racing simulator
Lemon Ara
(49 posts, started )
Lemon Ara
After I had done some oldtimers to learn the editor basics (special thanks to Jake_Blasted for some nice video tutorials), I spent a couple of months to recreate our old daily. It is quite under-powered so it is dedicated to players who like to drive ordinary cars on the limit.

Feel free to leave some feedback in this thread Smile
Attached images
ara_creation.jpg
that bumper lmao Big grin

Nice work, looking forward to it Thumbs up
Thanks Smile

Yeah, driving an old and beaten french car is punk and that bumper doubles the horses (or seahorses?). It is probably the second slowest vehicle in the galaxy with a shark-mouth painted over it, but the car frequently makes people smile (and laugh) so it was worth painting.

Once some poor daddy could not take his small child from the parked car. He had to pick the child up to the air and carry it away Big grin
Wow I had two Xsara 2L diesel. Reliable car and interesting to drive, precise with stable input otherwise the soft suspension would go mad. The rear axle was passively steering too.
Quote from loopingz :Wow I had two Xsara 2L diesel. Reliable car and interesting to drive, precise with stable input otherwise the soft suspension would go mad. The rear axle was passively steering too.

What do You think about the feel of the default setup? Any suggestions? Smile

I have tried to test the realism by an elk test. According to the Teknikens Värld, a fully loaded Xsara reached 70km/h. My current personal best (with cold tires) in the LFS is ~69km/h. It is pretty close but I still have a suspicion that the real car has more grip than the mod. Or it feels that way at least.
I did not try yet. I have seen the model picture and damn my Xsara ! how is it possible??? I had a 5 doors dark blue and 3 doors white same engine 90hp HDi. I have also tried the TDI gen 1 ànd passenger in the VTS or VTR...
What is an elk test? I did irl the young wild boar test 1500euros worth of repair, The truck tire test even worse (around 3k)...
I will give it a try soon.
Finally, after a little suspension and frame tweak, a stock and fully loaded Lemon Ara has passed the the test at 70km/h Smile It is heavier and softer and thus a little slower on a racetrack now, but the way it floats over bumps while taking a sharp turn is surprisingly close to my real-life experiences.

It has been told many times, but the LFS has a really extraordinary physics! The force-feedback kicks just right, when balancing the car on the limit Smile

However, some reviews from Xsara owners would be still much appreciated. I would like to keep the mod physics as realistic as possible.
Sorry for the non report I went on vacation without testing. I will be away for a while. I promise for early September.
Thanks, enjoy Your vacation Smile
I was contacted recently by the author of these superb rally mods https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods?user=timdecnodder and gave him a permission to create a rally version of Lemon Ara Smile

Therefore, I have started to work on a 3-door hot-hatch version, which will provide a better base for the rally car than the original 5-door version.

Happy Anniversary LFS
Attached images
coupe_progress.jpg
The 3-door looks nice!
Did not tried it yet. Next week I hope. I have owned both 3 and 5 doors, they handlled the same but the 3 doors was looking better!
Will be looking alot different when i’m done with it 😉

But in all seriousness, great work on the model so far, will be a fun little makeover to make it look like this
Attached images
E265DAB8-3FB7-4F40-A98A-AEB2B8E47B97.jpeg
thanks for your support Smile

Quote from timdecnodder :Will be looking alot different when i’m done with it 😉

But in all seriousness, great work on the model so far, will be a fun little makeover to make it look like this

The first drivable version of a 3-door coupe has been uploaded and is currently waiting for reviews. Let the fun begin Big grin Looking forward to this rally beast!
Quote from stuchlo :thanks for your support Smile

The first drivable version of a 3-door coupe has been uploaded and is currently waiting for reviews. Let the fun begin Big grin Looking forward to this rally beast!

first preview, need to tweak the 3d model a bit more and then focus on the physics, hope you like the look.
Attached images
LemonAreCoupeT16_01.png
Quote from timdecnodder :first preview, need to tweak the 3d model a bit more and then focus on the physics, hope you like the look.

Wow, nice! Looks so good and clean! Smile Looking forward to this wild beast Big grin
Looks good!
3D model is ready, now physics and it will be ready for upload, thanks again Stuchlo for letting me use your model as a base.

skin will be posted seperatly to avoid and copyright claims
Attached images
LemonAreCoupeT16_KHM2.png
50898581_241283296798422_7579644037850726400_n.png
Quote from timdecnodder :3D model is ready, now physics and it will be ready for upload, thanks again Stuchlo for letting me use your model as a base.

skin will be posted seperatly to avoid and copyright claims

Nice! Smile If you are interested, I can make a default white skin with baked shading for your car. My original model was quite low-poly and many details relied on the skin (for example geometry on bumpers and doors). Even metallic colors are possible with baked shading: https://www.lfs.net/attachment/372242.
I like how you used the radio as gear indicator Thumbs up
I tested. The 3D model is great. I feel at home. Except the middle top screen which I don't know.
The handling with basic setup feels true to what I remember. I mean front heavy ok on stable turn and more twitchy when changing direction.
I really like it.
Quote from Gutholz :I like how you used the radio as gear indicator Thumbs up

It is not a radio, it is an ancient ancestor of modern central displays. The space for the radio is under the display. Back in the day it was an optional equipment which showed info about fuel consumption, exterior temperature, some car settings and infamous antipollution faults Big grin It did not have a gear indicator, but it is helpful for sim players Smile

Quote from loopingz :I tested. The 3D model is great. I feel at home. Except the middle top screen which I don't know.
The handling with basic setup feels true to what I remember. I mean front heavy ok on stable turn and more twitchy when changing direction.
I really like it.

Thank you very much for your testing and feedback Smile I am glad you like the mod, it is a big honor from the Xsara owner. She took more than fifty hours of internet research, 3D modeling, texture painting and setup tuning. I was happy with the result, but as the author, I am kind of biassed. Now I am sure that it was really worth it. The interior was particularly difficult to create as no blueprints could be found.
Attached images
xsara_display.JPG
Ohh now I remember the little screen. Yeah there was very little info on it like time temperature and radio stuff with the OEM radio that most people got changed me included. So yeah the radio without the front panel is also period correct.
By the way I tested in front of another Xsara owner, he freaked out, recognized it right away.
And damn the wheels!!! I had the same ones.
Thanks for your work!
The real car got fixed suspension recently, which changed its real-world physics. I have updated the both versions according to these changes and added more realistic scrub radius to fix the unwanted force-feedback jerk caused by potholes and grass (the steering got more realistic and much more suitable for rallying). I am satisfied with the physics now and have decided to allow public derivatives of the coupe version under the LFS Vehicle License Smile

And by the way, I would like to express a big thanks to timdecnodder for his great work, because his rally version is perfect! Smile
Attached images
xsarawrc.jpg

Lemon Ara
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG