The online racing simulator
Vicic cg6
(14 posts, started )
Vicic cg6
The project is a car based on the Honda Civic 5th generation.

My previous project was a retopo of another game mesh. I have since learned that those mods are not appreciated by the developers. So instead I thought I'd pick one of my blueprint made models. And this one is made from start to end by me.
I don't have a huge backlog of WIP images, but I have older blend files from earlier in the progress (dating back to 2015).

I have picked it back up a few times to bring it up to standard as my modelling skill have improved.

I have attached a comparison of the same model from 2015 compared to now.

It will take some work to bring this model to a game ready standard as it's currently heavily subsurf based.
But here are some images of how the model look.

Just for fun I thought I'd show the gauge cluster I made for it, because I think it looks good. It can obviously not be used in LFS though

If you have a better naming idea, let me know.
Attached images
EG old.png
eg new.png
EG1.png
eg2.png
eg3.png
eg4.png
eg5.png
egcluster.png
eg6.png
Dotmoon in case of datsun? that's an amazing job!
Quote from NENE87 :Dotmoon in case of datsun? that's an amazing job!

Oh, its not a Datsun, it's a Honda.
Thank you very much Smile Long running project. One of my oldest projects
Hell yeah, not datsun Big grin
I'd like some feedback this early in fact from a reviewer. I don't wanna spend time on something if it turns out I don't have enough evidence for my ownership of my mesh.

Used blueprint:

Old state of model placed under blueprint.

Orthographic comparison view of newst (2022 save) and oldest (2015 save)

Proportional and topological changes have been done. But some edge loops can be identified between the two iterations.

Please also do notice that the 2022 version use subsurf tricks, especially at the roof and door handle which wouldnt make sense in any other circumstance than a self modeled mesh.
You can also see that the dashboard is heavily subsurf based.
Attached images
EG.png
eg11.png
eg10.png
Quote from pärtan :I'd like some feedback this early in fact from a reviewer. I don't wanna spend time on something if it turns out I don't have enough evidence for my ownership of my mesh.

I am not "a reviewer", just normal forum, but here is my opinion:
It would indeed be nice to have better evidence.
The matching blueprint and details about modeling technique seem believeable to me, even though it would be possible to fake that. But it would not be as trivial as as some of the "just delete parts of the model" fakes done by others.
Also important, and I realize this is not based on technical facts but subjective:
In the beginning I used to believe everyone who said they had made an original model. Over time, some people lost that trust and I became more sceptical in general. In your case, you did seem like a honest person in the threads about downloaded/retopo'ed models.
So far, I find it all plausible.
Quote from Gutholz :I am not "a reviewer", just normal forum, but here is my opinion:
It would indeed be nice to have better evidence.
The matching blueprint and details about modeling technique seem believeable to me, even though it would be possible to fake that. But it would not be as trivial as as some of the "just delete parts of the model" fakes done by others.
Also important, and I realize this is not based on technical facts but subjective:
In the beginning I used to believe everyone who said they had made an original model. Over time, some people lost that trust and I became more sceptical in general. In your case, you did seem like a honest person in the threads about downloaded/retopo'ed models.
So far, I find it all plausible.

Thank you. I'm doing my best to prove it indeed, but the lack of feedback from reviewers is frustrating because I don't know if I'm in for a huge waste of time or not.

The blueprint matching is really the only source of proof I have. Well that and the fact that no reviewer will be able to find a match for the mesh in either geometry and topology.

I did a more detailed matching of the blueprint to the earliest save of the mesh. The features gets a bit harder to identify from the blueprints in the up to date mesh because I have changed details, and slightly tweaked some proportions based on reference images.

The evolution of the mesh basically went like this:
I modelled the EG a long time ago (7 years ago to be exact) and it was one of my first decent beginner models.
Since then i learnt new techniques such as using subsurf modifier and support loops. So I simplified aspects of the models base state to make it behave nicely with a subdivision surface modifier.

(By simplify the base model, I mean make it rely heavier on the subsurf modifier. For example the wheel arches, roof, door handles are quite low poly and all rely heavily on the subsurf modifier)
Look at these examples:

This however means that the current state of the model have several hundred thousands tris which now leads me to the third stage of the model where I retopo the subsurf version with the higher visual quality. The third step forward is documented in video.

All in all, this is my model that I have put most time into. I would just really hate to waste my time on something that would end up inconclusive with the lack of better evidence. Although other than a video from start to finish, I do not know what good evidence is. This aspect of the modding process is very muddy in my opinion. Which is why a vouch from a reviewer would give me more incentive to continue working on it.

And to post a bit of an update on the modelling too

I remade the headlight housing interior for something of higher visual quality. The process for this is also recorded but I will upload that at a later time.
Attached images
EGbp.png
EGbp2.png
EGbp3.png
I’d say you should be fine, you seem to have posted a lot of evidence and explanation about progress. If it’s purely made from blueprints and doesn’t come from the game retopo'd mesh, it’s OK Smile

Good job on the model!
Quote from Flame CZE :I’d say you should be fine, you seem to have posted a lot of evidence and explanation about progress. If it’s purely made from blueprints and doesn’t come from the game retopo'd mesh, it’s OK Smile

Good job on the model!

Thank you! Thumbs up
This is really nice! Job very well done so far, Partan!
how to instal pls help me

Vicic cg6
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG