FAT GTR
(14 posts, started )
FAT GTR
Vehicle mod: FAT GTR
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/403AB3

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Racing truck

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Somewhat underperforming racing truck. Rated at 720bhp/2200nm, it is far from the real racing trucks, but as there is no way of limiting the top speed of the car for everyone, i felt limiting the power was the next logical step. It's fast enough even with that amount of power. Big grin

This is still a work in progress, there is still things to do such as the interior details, skinfile fixes and some mesh improvements here and there. I'm getting slower at making mods since i have less free time than i used to, so that's why i'm releasing this in it's current state.

Most of the work has been put into optimizing the model itself, as the original FAT-TX is around 65k triangles, i've managed to reduce it to less than half of the triangles, at 28k.

Physics of the truck aren't propably realistic, as i do not know at all how these things are supposed to handle, so the priority has been to create a believable experience that is enough fun for any control methods. Thanks to kurkku87 for testing it out with keyboard. Big grin

COVER SCREENSHOT:
i a m looking forward to test this truck !
i search about a well handling and fun racing truck for a Cup !
#3 - yaper
Tried it with AI, lots of fun. Keep it up. Smile
loving the truck, huge fun, can't get enough! Is there a skin template available for it?
you can export it from within LFS under the colours tab

it is currently a bit glitched and has some overlapping areas on the mapping though
there is too much mapping error (overlayering of triangles)
so skinning correctly is impossible

see attached file please ;-)
Attached images
wireframe_whitebg.jpg
great fix for the skinning mesh !
thanks a lot, we will organise a Cup with that beast !
-
(Tomfuel) DELETED by Tomfuel
Please update skin map!
no Confused

the skin map is ok now, all skins for the Cup is already made with
Oh okay, I need to create my own skin now Wink Good mod Smile

the first round video :

hello, nice work
we met a disturbing reaction during our Truck Cup last year with the COG
the truck made rolls without any help
we made 8 races with

sometimes, the simple fact to engage a curv (especially Westhill) put it on the side, seems like all weight is in too high position

FAT GTR
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG