The online racing simulator

Poll : WHAT FEATURE ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD IN TO LFS MOD SYSTEM?

S_CLOCK texture with alpha channel
Working Lights/mirrors on subobjects
Different wheel offset for different configurations
More configurations
Mesh animation with collision
Obj export from LFS Editor
6, 8, 10 wheelers vihicle layout
Ability to change tire and tread marks texture
Changing values in different configurations.
Add New Modeling Tools
Moveable Object vihicle layout (with animation)
More driver animations
Special reset for two-wheeled vehicle
Merge the tri, point and build mode tabs in modeller
New mesh selection types for modeller
Favorite feature request in mod system by most of players
There will be an explanation above each option. Read before making a choice.
But first, I want to say that these are not only my preferences, I choose some suggestions from the Mods System Suggestions forum and wrote them down in a poll. I did not add the options that will be added in the next update with graphics, like new shadow maps, new specular maps, bump map, etc.. As Blender is the best choice for modeling what is verified by all available competitions at the moment, therefore, I will take all hotkeys and tools from it in examples below.
I hope this poll helps to give developers an understanding of what players want the most in the mod system.

More configurations.
We currently have 4 configurations available. That's not much considering how many different bodokits options you can come up with.
I also know mod makers who created mod packs based on one car with dozens of different options, for expanding the body, bumpers, spoilers, hoods, all sorts of details, etc. And they are very indignant about only 4 options that need to be applied to one mod.

Mesh animation with collision.
Various animations that mod makers can add with collisions. i.e. adding animated collision objects that mesh can follow. Apart from the obvious things, like working levers, buttons, door, trunk, hood. For example, can be create a tow truck that can lift and carry a car on itself, or It will be possible to do with a attach trailer to the truck, or a lift, or even a crane.

Ability to change tire and tread marks texture.
Tire textures look a little too gray compared to the real world where they are blacker, In my opinion now it makes the car look worse. And this will allow the texture of the tread and tire marks to change.

S_CLOCK texture with alpha channel.
In this case, making dashboards would be much more convenient and they would turn out much more beautiful.
(https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1996178#post1996178)

Different wheel offset for different configurations.
Self explaining name. (https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1994418#post1994418)

Changing values in different configurations.
Changing the mass, aerodynamics, for different configurations, so that you can change these values ​​depending on different bodykits, spoilers, and so on.

Obj export from LFS Editor
also self explaining name.

Working Lights/mirrors on subobjects
This will be very useful for any two-wheeled vehicle. with a steering fork (front wheel), as mirrors and headlights are installed there. (https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1994148#post1994148)

Add New Modeling Tools.
I know some people who modelling mesh in the modeller, I don't know why, but I would like to make it easy for them. And that they have modeling tools that have become industry standard long time ago, such as, lup cut (in blender shortcuts - ctrl+r) normal extrude like in blender, bevel (ctrl+b) knife (K) and more hotkeys modelling workflow in general to speed up modelling. It is also not necessary to make a button in the interface for each tool limiting the view of viewport, it is enough to make one button that will show hotkeys for all other tools.

New mesh selection types for modeller
In order to do mapping or editing a mesh, you often have to select polygons one at a time, this is not convenient when there are a lot of them. For example Circle paintbrush by only viseble triangles, loop selection. (https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1988421#post1988421)

More driver animations.
To make the driver look more alive he need to gear change, pedaling, controll the levers and buttons. etc.

Special reset for two-wheeled vehicle
We had a race and unlucky 4 of us were down close to each other, not being able to reset as we could hit another vehicle. Frown If server settings could allow a "2wheelreset" it would be great. Thumbs up
Even better would be to have another setting as well, like "turnbike". Sometimes a bike faces a wall or similiar after reset is done. (https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1980181#post1980181)

6, 8, 10 wheelers vihicle layout
For a greater variety of mods, and various vehicles such as multi-wheeled trucks, or for some fun cars.

Moveable Object vihicle layout (with animation)
Even if an object can move without an engine, for example, as a walk, this will help to make a variety of things realistic: people, animals, insects.

Merge the tri, point and build mode tabs.
This will make the modeller more user friendly. And make the selection divided by type point, edge, triangle (as in blender) so that you can assign materials and build a mesh in one tab.

Of course, I would like to see all these features in one form or another sometime in the game. But it is impossible to get everything at once.
Choose what is most important to you.
And I would like the developers to pay attention to the most popular feature request if it possible.
I think many people want to choose several options, but you can’t choose too many at once. I limited the choice of 3 items in the poll.
I hope this thread will be noticed, because the ideas described in the survey would be very helpful in modding.

By the way, there is also a suggestion about a public review system. I think you need to pay attention to the number of "likes" of the mod. Because it's quite strange when your mod is the most liked on the forum, but they still consider mods with a small number of likes. If you change the system towards considering the number of likes (consider it as support from other players), then this will encourage people to make better mods
#4 - w126
I would like to see features allowing for more realistic mods, including stuff that was described in Scawen's plans many years ago: more general suspension geometry to achieve anti-dive and anti-squat effects and limited setup system. In addition to that, more suspension types, especially rigid axle.
I also think that configurations are abused now, probably because of their limitations. For example, there are mods where adding a roll cage doesn't change total mass or adding wings does not change aerodynamic properties in itself, only as a result of changing wing angles.
I would like to see an option to have a more durable clutch. Maybe an adjustment of torque limit or something like this
This thread has nice ideas to add in mod system!
I agree that having an S_CLOCK texture with alpha channel would be great - it would allow us to create even more customized dashboard using underlying textures.
#8 - lfsrm
Where is the "UV maps support" choice ? Big grin
Quote from Flame CZE :I agree that having an S_CLOCK texture with alpha channel would be great - it would allow us to create even more customized dashboard using underlying textures.

I've been asking a question about this for a long time. Hopefully this will appear in lfs

Quote :Where is the "UV maps support" choice ?

Writing .mtl support is pretty easy, but I don't think Scawen will do it.
Mesh animation can be used for popup headlights
Breaking off parts off subobjects should be possible as well, not only doing it from the main object. Also merging subobjects between them
Having different rim/spoke models for front and rear wheels is needed as well. Thats for bikes (front has a big brake disc that needs to rotate and rear has a smaller one with a sprocket on the other side), race trucks, and other that have different wheels for front and rear.

Or a mudgard type object that spins and rotates with the wheels, the outcome is similar but maybe easier to implement.

Also higher triangle limit for wheels as well so you dont have to use cheat engines and such.

Favorite feature request in mod system by most of players
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG