The online racing simulator
Fuel loads and consumption
(12 posts, started )
Hello Everyone
I've been away from online racing in LFS for many years due to many things, life, poor internet and not enough room to fit wheel to desk etc. Smile

Currently running latest Version 7D of LFS and I've been modding various cars with a V8 option and did a test mod on the XF Gtr (XFR) giving it a 3 ltr engine with turbo running at 2.5 bar which I'm having major problems with it running out of fuel in one lap of aston Grand Touring or any long track.

I have selected in garage to start with 100% fuel and add 50% at stop, but whether qualifying or actual (offline) AI race it only ever starts with aroung 9 to 12 % fuel?

Silly me thought with a 75 lt tank asked to be 100% full you'd start with 75LT etc. You can see the problem.

Can anyone advise what is wrong,

Cheers Shanny
You probably should rename your car's ID. The calculator maybe just reconize your car as a LFS original car because of you using 3 letter ID (XFR) on your mod rather than XFEDSS kind of thing.
Thanks for that but the mod is called XF GTRbigT

I know if i take the same car into race with myself driving, it then shows full tank etc as desired, must be an AI limitation?
You can backup and delete the .knw file for XFR (in LFS/data/knw folder) and let the game regenerate it for the mod instead, that way the AI should account for the fuel consumption too
Thanks for that, I'll give that a go and report back

I did that and it still makes no diference Thanks for the help though
AI will start with as much fuel as needed for the number of laps that you set. No less, no more.
Quote from rane_nbg :AI will start with as much fuel as needed for the number of laps that you set. No less, no more.

Yes I get that. However in this particular instance the car runs out of fuel before the end of the set laps, so the fuel given is insuffient for the amt of laps.

While the ai says the fuel burn is approx 2.9% per lap over 5 laps, the actual burn rate while racing is around 5.9%. Which explains why the car runs out, the internal calculations are way off.

It appears the calc cannot see that the modded engine will drink fuel at an accellerated rate and sets it for a normal car, despite removing the knw file and allowing the mod to generate a new one as suggested above it doesn't seem to make a differenece
Which mod did you try? I'll try to recreate the issue.
Upload the mod, for testing it does not need to be approved/public.
What does it say in chat at race start? Those lines:
Quote :XFR : R 0° - F 0° - fdr 3.221 - max 64.9 m/s - lap 2:57.39 - lap fuel 2.6% - total 6% (1 stint)
6BDD71 : R 0° - F 0° - fdr 3.948 - max 58.7 m/s - lap 3:25.41 - lap fuel 3.1% - total 7% (1 s

Does it say XFR or name of your mod?
I do not remember any other post about AI running out of fuel, despite that many different mods exist now.
But maybe you found a combination that confuses the AI. Uhmm
fuel issue
Quote from rane_nbg :Which mod did you try? I'll try to recreate the issue.

I made my own, selected XRGTR base, edited engine to 3 ltr inline 4 turbo set turbo at 2.6 bar
made it 4 wheel drive and widened the wheels
Attached images
2022-04-28_21-42-34.png
Attached files
3ltT.eng - 318.3 KB - 72 views
only 1380hp, are you sure this is enough?
fuel issue
Ha yeah just for now, please feel free to modify to cut doen on almost constant wheelspin, working on westhill int setup

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG