The online racing simulator
Finding reasonable alternative to RackService for inSim hosting
Hi guys, many of you probably face the same situation as we at AirAttack, where the previous server host provider RackService does not want to continue renting servers to be used to host inSim apps only.

My question is, have you found an alternative host for inSim with a reasonable price?

A question for developers, are there any plans for integrating this feature within your hosting options?
They dont? I didn't get any notification about it from them.

We just host lfs 0.6 version and insim with it.

It costs us 10 euro every 6 months but thats the price of mods (that we dont use).

Other than that - alternative could be making a deal with Deko or TC to host insim.
Hi man, tnx for reply.

I asked them if it's possible to only rent one demo LFS server in order to host airio and they replied that they will stop the service for LFS completely, as soon as our current rent expires. For us that is in a few days, 25th April. I think that it doesn't pay off for them anymore and therefore they are droping the LFS support.

Tnx for suggestions, I'll check them out.
Other then that airio hardly uses bandwidth so u could use a simple pc at home, like a asus eeebox that hardly uses power.
Tnx for the suggestion man, but that is not an option for us, because no one has a static IP address and we need a system where a few people would be able to connect remotely and do some changes/uploads in airio files.

We already did something like that using a TeamViewer with one of our members and his personal PC, but it just was not viable for the longrun.
Doesn't need static ip becourse airio connects to server Wink

Edit I didn't read correct btw I would never use team viewer and let others mess in my network but indeed best is static if u want others to connect but then I don't think with dynamic connection ip doesn't change that often.
I'm not sure it's really in the same price range, but there's always OVH, Hetzner, Digitalocean, etc. if a really small VM is enough. It'll be around 4-8EUR/month depending the provider, etc. :/
Oracle Cloud has a free tier with 2GB of RAM and 40GB SSD space (IIRC), should be enough to run an InSim server if it runs under Linux (either natively or via Wine/Mono). Static IP's + SSH access should make it rather easy to set up.

IIRC Amazon AWS also has a free tier, although that might be using ARM CPUs which would severely limit compatibility without fancy tricks - or maybe they still have free x86 plans, too.
well I've got a solution to problem.

Airio installs are the same, demo, full and pro. Only difference is license file.

Victor could enable a dialog box to upload license file, and then also between multiple servers of same users allow picking what airio one uses. As far as i know, for now, multiple servers hosted on lfs use multiple instances of airio.
Hi guys,

Thank you very much for all your suggestions. We'll probably cash out for some of the VPS options for about 5eur/month.

Number, I do not think that would work so easily. Each airio instance has its own configuration files and we all setup them differently. That is not a problem, but not a small amount of space is needed for airio backups and replays.
Replays are already saved on lfs hosting?
Gotta say i never bothered to check how big airio folder is Smile
Rackservice sent me new invoice, so it's still active i guess
Yeah, they also sent us an invoice. I then canceled our services, it took one day to pass. Funny, we still have access to their control panel and we could still run the servers, but we are not doing it. We have already changed to a new host for airio, so far so good. This only goes to show how much RS care about hosting stuff for LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG