The online racing simulator
278th RTFR

A reminder - server will be password protected 1 hour before qualifying start to keep not knowing crowded server jumpers out of way,pass will be always the same: green

Some historic stats:
Last race won by: B2マ Ayoub_MaRoC
Last BF1 race won by: S1DUS*R.Kardol (256th RTFR - KY GP Long Rev.)
Most BF1 race wins: v\A.Wiśniewski - 4 wins (Poland - 4 wins)
Last Blackwood race won by: [WCL] True Alpha (265th RTFR - LX4 @ BL GP Rev.)
Most Blackwood race wins: S1DUS*Botsi - 4 wins (Finland - 9 wins)
Current rating leader: S1DUS*uNite (+1 point)

2022-S1 standings after 7 of 10 races:
YES V. Laguckas - 192
S1DUS*R.Kardol - 149
[FM]ˆチαtαι - 147
Event rating,standings and other statistics

Server link: Ronys Tuesdays Fun Race
Race Green Discord: https://discord.gg/E37R5vD
Attached images
278thRTFR.jpg
Official results
Qualifying:

Race:

Winner:

Race statistics / Event rating and other statistics (will be updated later this week)

This tuesday was one of those days when I was thinking "why the heck I'm even doing this?" First that happened in work,where I had to do an assignment which is way under my qualification,but let's not discuss that here,just pointing out of my background before this race. Here we can discuss why I'm doing this event? I has became a work and stress latelly (hence the results are posted this much later) - from an event where people come together for a race this has become a fierce competition,where higher ranked drivers' tolerance to lower skilled ones is vanished and everyone demanded a free track for their world class level hotlap. Besides rule change demands and simple "ban this idiot" calls,there were a lot of more colorful expressions I will not repeat here. Most ironic is the fact that the first incidents in race started between the highest skilled drivers (top10 in qualifying),rest of the mess was just a chain reaction as faster drivers were mixxed up with slower ones on a twisty track with single easy overtake opportunity per lap and lacking patience.

Yes,I have to admit that combo wasn't really well selected,besides the idea was observation of attendance shinking in past various events and "hope" that not so many will be atracted to race a quite difficult car - this mistake is deffinitelly on me. Why I was not banning people when someone demanded? Simply because I do not trust such demands as very often high skilled people cause incidents with aggressive driving expecting that others will free track for them. When monitoring the drivers receiving complaints,nothing happened and if I have to stay in spectators,become full time admin,that would be the start of the end of RTFR - I'm a racer,who started this to have a chance to race,leaving the event format simple,relying on common sence and incident reports to weed out the hazards for future. Despite being this described a chaos race,there was not a single official report/protest.

Another issue I want to attend is the increasing trait of qualifying drivers,who simply do not intend to race. This unfortunatelly increases my workload between qualifying and race as we have that 40 results limitation in LFS. Only other sources are online activity page,which tends to lose results of those connecting,diconnecting and connecting again (some even for 5 or more times),the other source is stream's full session results. And then there are drivers,who stay in server having set a laptime in qualifying (or even better - complaining about everything being bad) and then not even intending to race,taking away chance to race from others - in this race there was a bright example of this,where someone did not want to join when race was about to start AFTER I sorted out the 40 people that should be on server and race. I hope you're proud about yourself. If this issue will persist in future,I will decide some ruling to ban them from joining.

Let's start with results of this somewhat spoiled event - once again Gábor proved that he's the one to watch when it comes to single seater racing as he scored his 11th RTFR racewin (and with it passing Fast for 6th position in all time success ranking),scoring also his 6th fastest lap of the race and 24th top5 finish. Fatal was the fastest in qualifying,scoring his 2nd pole position in row and overall,led 2/3 of the race,but could not pull away in safe distance to avoid lead loss - still the 2nd place finish is his best ever result in RTFR,improvement by 1,also it was his 9th top5 finish. Unite finished 3rd more than half a minute behind winner and scored his 55th top5 finish,followed relativelly closely by Number in 4th,which is his best result in RTFR - previous best was 6th. Thehemuli in 5th position was the last driver on lead lap - also his previous best finish was 6th and therefor first ever RTFR top5 finish.

VOD at Youtube:

Next week the race will be longer,track will be longer and hopefully so will be driver's tempers - it's time for the 4th RTFR XL of the year,which will feature the slightly lighter and slightly less powerful GTR car MGR V8. The full info will be posted today and also server will be ready for practice soon. Next normal RTFR will be run on extended version of next week's track,more clues you will get from broadcast.
During these holidays it's planned to launch the public test of the next race around the long and demanding public roads circuit for what seems to be a 300 kilometer race aiming to be run on may.
Attached images
q.png
r.png
p.jpg
s.png

278th RTFR
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG