The online racing simulator
1930' Racing car
(45 posts, started )
No problem, guys! Thanks for the effort. These 2 mods made me look into older cars and notice some trend in design.

I wondered when did suspensions transition from these characteristic leaf springs, sticking out of the front, to McPherson or double wishbone. Seems that European Grand-prix racing with Mercedes and Auto Union fight made the tech upgrade so fast.

1907 Renault that raced in Le Mans is still rather similar to these 2 mods. Probably in the 1910s there's a gap in progress because of the WWI, so 1900s cars have little difference with those of 1920s. (I was quite impressed reading that these headlights use acetylene, and there's a water tank where you put calcium carbide, to make acetylene, and then have to light the headlight torches!)

While 1930s Mercedes/Audi are substantially different, and this is how GP cars still looked after WWII in early 1950s:
Attached images
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg
external-content.duckduckgo.com2.jpeg
external-content.duckduckgo.com3.jpeg
AI are boring as Stig Big grin
fun for few minutes, we are ok, but do not forget to invite real friends for fights and races !! these mods are built for this !

online multiplayer Racing Thumbs up

these 2 vintage cars are always available on the "GUM GARAGE #01" server for sprint and fun short races
Very good mod , i love it ,sounds, look ,and drives good ... ive seen the renault few pasts above , i do modeling and have a rolls silver shadow and a 1912renault like in the movie titanic , hit me up if you want to do these , too much models for me alone to do
One of the best mods out there. Especially love how the chassis seems to flex with every shift, great work man, keep it up.
thank you for your support ! it is very pleasant to read how much you love to drive this car and all of his particularitiesThumbs up
you feel exactly what i tried to retrieve and expect in these vintage machines
support T34 with voting and call to vote Big grin

hope to see you on races that i surely organize with at Gum Garage Wink
new version updated
dashboard improved design and placement
detail mesh fixed front and back
i'll take a look asap Smile
.. so much downloads and only 40 votes... Uhmm
Tommy, I think there's an aesthetic problem with your cars: if you steer and countersteer quickly, the driver is shaking his head too rapidly. I think the head should incline more gradually.

This is even more pronounced with bots who turn the wheel from side to side even quicker.

The car in the video is '28, but I guess '30s has similar animation.

Cool mod. What is wrong with the driver? his head movement does not look healthy at all Smile
here is my reply guys :
nothing is wrong, the driver is alive ^^

more seriously :
yes i know this and i do the choice to have a significant lean of the driver even if lighly turn. like in real at these old days !
this is a race car, we have a 1 hour race with humans (not AI) and the result is awesome in render when you chase an opponent !
very immersive ! i will post a video of this race when i find free time

so trust me, engage real drivers in race and you'll see. the global render all along the race erase these little moment when effectively, in particular cases, the head is shaking
here is a video with the T28 and REAL drivers in race(same leaning anim) Wink

I think Sinanju drives with keyboard (sometimes mouse) so his steering movement is more jerky/rapid than with a wheel.
little mood :

i don't know if continue working on quality and fresh racing mod has a sense .. spent hours and hours on T34 with thousands downloads, more than 4 stars but few votes .. not enough to be "approved".

sorry, that's my today's mood at this time i prepare to release the T46 wich will certainly in the same case...Shrug
It's a fact, I have the same with KRT CR, do the mod for your enjoyment!
Quote from Tomfuel :little mood :

i don't know if continue working on quality and fresh racing mod has a sense .. spent hours and hours on T34 with thousands downloads, more than 4 stars but few votes .. not enough to be "approved".

sorry, that's my today's mood at this time i prepare to release the T46 wich will certainly in the same case...Shrug

As of now, I'd say it is a candidate for approval. It will be considered next time another bunch of mods will get approved Smile Keep it up!
Quote from Flame CZE :As of now, I'd say it is a candidate for approval. It will be considered next time another bunch of mods will get approved Smile Keep it up!

Thumbs up
great ! have a vintage fun with :-p

1930' Racing car
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG