The online racing simulator
Things that LFS has , and other sims do not.
Hi guys.

I want to make a youtube video about LFS in 2022 , a deep dive if you will, taking a look at the sim , scrutinizing every little aspect of it and trying to get more people to try and play the sim.

I think LFS is absolutely fantastic and even my friend who hasn't played race sims before except a little assetto corsa at my house , praised its physics , its looks and sounds ( for a game that released in 2003 ) and its simplicity , in the sense that you don't have to go through sh@tty convoluted UI elements to grab a car and a track and race or to properly setup your controls etc.

Back to the title now.

My question is what things are present in LFS that are not in other sims?

For example I know that LFS has tyre deformation and that rFactor 2 has tyre deformation too , but almost every other sim like Assetto , iRacing , Raceroom , etc. does not.

What else important or unimportant is present in LFS and is lacking in other sims?

Anything that comes to mind is very welcome as I want to showcase as many of these things as possible.

- George
One thing that lfs got the most is dirty air (a bit too much if you asked me)
i've felt dirty air with the dallara ir18 in iRacing , you follow somone , a turn comes up and off to the wall you go Big grin I've raced mostly slower cars in LFS so I am curious to test it out.
As far as i'm aware LFS is the only that has realtime setup changes in the garage screen, like how you can play with the suspension, add weight, driver and see in realtime how each setting affects the car
good catch! that is indeed exclusive to LFS and really cool!
LFS has a personality. Other sims are rather cold in comparison.
I don't think other racing games has live force views and suspension diagrams while driving.

There's also the way LFS calculates tire heat allowing for flat spots and uneven temperatures.
very nice screenshots my friend. especially the last one!
Open world levels.

This provides endless opportunity to create custom tracks and game modes, that no other dedicated racing sim* offers. I reckon it has a lot of untapped potential as well.

*BeamNG is awesome and open world - but no, I don't consider it a dedicated race sim.
Tire heating.
Installation in the garage in real time. strengths of the chart.
Kinetic physics.
Online quality.
cruise servers.
Simple and intuitive model integration in LFS. (own editor)
A large number of cruise and racing disciplines.
The best drift.
Built-in autocross editor with saving layouts.
Good optimized graphics, cool customizable mirrors.
Good animation.
A wind that feels direction and strength.

This is the best simulator ever!!! I hope the development will not be delayed and the track editor will be released)
very nice replies. and I agree with you Дми́трий , this is a very special sim and I do not want it to be abandoned!
LFS's developers are honest, dedicated and passionable about their sim, not a cash grabbers with countless DLCs and microtransactions. This is very rare these days. Worth mentioning. Wink
that is certainly true evolution!
That you're able to join an online session within 15 seconds Smile

(god bless cargame.nl)
Sharing setups on the fly.
My favorite part is the ability to very quickly change cars, tracks, setups, also being able to see forces while in garage and setting up the car.
You have to showcase the menus and how simple the interface is. Another thing you have to show the demo multiplayer scene and tight evening racing at [AA] Blackwood GTi server, or other MRc servers. Ridiculous fps rates and also the mods, the continued development and some progress report pictures with new lighting, mention that new physics is on the way. I also like how chat is done, that is a big part of community, you can chat even while racing with wheel for example.
Unlimited Time DEMO (3 cars 1 Track)
IIRC, LFS has the only VR mirror implementation where, if you move your head around a bit, the mirror reflection changes based on your current head position.

Not sure if the mirror reflection is rendered with stereo separation though.
Copy paste text in game.
Easy send car setup
Good insim
Everybody can create skin and upload.

In many ways LFS is most complete.

I'm just waiting on the Graphical update Wink
Imo the biggest feature that LFS has that other sim's, or games in general haven't done yet is insim. Opening up an opportunity for the community to itneract with the game.
Can go on good forum and easy ways to contact other players.
Easy ways to compare hotlaps and analyse.
Drive othermans car from hotlaps.

Think most other sims not even close Wink
Quote from RC-Maus :
I'm just waiting on the Graphical update Wink

Sound is the other area where it's quite a way behind.
very nice responses guys.
indeed I am planning to show how good the interface is and how easy it is to work everything out. as for VR mirrors yoyoML , yes LFS is YEARS ahead of the competition. farcar I have to admit that sounds aren't atrocious , but certainly it's an area that could use an improvement.
-
(MousemanLV) DELETED by Scawen : unrelated spam
Intuitive, clean and user-friendly Graphic User Interface.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG