The online racing simulator
Any 24 hr races soon?
(17 posts, started )
Any 24 hr races soon?
or8 Guys, anyone know of any upcoming 24 hour rcaers for dem drivers.Theres about 10 of us whom really wnat to participate in a 24 hour race.So anyone know ?
just go into a server and carry on raceing when it says your finished. play rock paper scissors to determine winner if you cant work it out. simple.

edit: or you could just buy s2. . . . . . .
Quote from Nck 1991 :or8 Guys, anyone know of any upcoming 24 hour rcaers for dem drivers.Theres about 10 of us whom really wnat to participate in a 24 hour race.So anyone know ?

Jeez..you sure you want to do that?
Any 24 hour Races ?
Ye we have practiced together but no real comp when we know each others racing style
i cant imagine to many people would want to do 24 hours at blackwood (to small of a track for 24 hours)
#6 - _rod_
Why dont you guys organise one yourselves? Them anounce on the forum when the race is going to happen, im sure more people will join.

Rod
lol i'd join a demo server if there was a well-organised 24hr race on for a laugh, longest race iv been in was only about 20 mins or so lol

wee frase x
How do you do driver changes (assuming the team is not all in the same physical location)?
Just as said in replies before, host a server, announce the race and have fun. Problem with demo-servers is, there's no admin present and things rush out of hand in no-time. I'm a licensed driver, but mainly race on demo-servers since I like the car/track still too much to try something else, but racing on demo-servers these days, is a real nightmare and there's hardly an admin around to take some actions. So that's why I run a server myself, when I want some cleanracing. Usually 15 rounds with 1 compulsary pitstop, no wrecking, no swearing, just clean competetive racing. I never raced in a league or something, but did some wednesday-racing over 30 laps, which I hosted myself.
Quote from Spinjack :How do you do driver changes (assuming the team is not all in the same physical location)?

in the "minioptions" (N)(forgot the correct word for it :tilt there is an T if u click that for the car u wanna drive it does light up and when the other driver goes to pit then he needs to press that button too and its ur car
i know crappy explained but couldnt do better lol
:wow: 24 hours... it sounds interesting, but i think that it will be difficult to find more people, because 24 hours are 24 hours:bigeyes2:... lol that i think maybe im wrong. if you play that great race, post in the forum about results... hehe. good luck:banana:.
Would be fun... But only if it were S2... I wouldn't imagine 24 hours of XFG at BL1. hehe.
If it would be in demo, then only 6 cars would be a reasonable number. 7th would be race admin, and other 4 slots would be used for driver changes. Ok, maybe 7 cars could work too. But the biggest problem are disconnects and counting all the completed laps together for which you need a tracker program like all the organisers of 24h races did before. It would be interesting to see it in demo. It's difficult to organize, it's ridiculous, but why not. All 3 cars on track at the same time of course.

BTW, next 24h race is scheduled for 13-14th January as part of the Masters of Endurance season. Maybe theres another one planned sooner but I didn't hear about it so far.
Confuses me someone people are so dedicated an love game that much, but still play demo.
Quote from antman2006 :Confuses me someone people are so dedicated an love game that much, but still play demo.

24 pounds might look like lunch change to you, but in other regions of the world, like here, it isn't so little. That, and other minor reasons, have kept me away from the S2 license. God knows I want one.
I dont really see it that difficult to have a proper 24 hour race when we get prototypes in S2 final, as long as we have teams with people covering different timezones.

The 24 hours of Aston.

4 classes (LM1, LM2, GT1, GT2) & 30 teams.

Live on LfsTV...coming soon.

...we all can dream, can we?
There have been many people posting to say they'd like a Demo 24H race, I think it's a great idea, apart from the limited number of cars able to compete.

If you get a list of people who are REALLY prepared to race for 24H, and form a consortium of organisers, find a reliable server (very important) and make sure it's adminned properly. with a bit of planning a few like minded demo users could could have a lot of fun.

you could even charge each team £4 to enter and give away an S2 licence as grand prize! I'm sure that would focus minds into making it a race to remember!

Any 24 hr races soon?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG