The online racing simulator
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I found BX400 to be very cool bike to drive! I always fail on that first corner after back straight... always too far to the sand lol.

EDIT: Got 2:42.75 wit BX400 ( BX40 )

EDIT2: 2:38.86

Good lap time on that bike! I havent ridden it but cant imagine its handles as well as the GP125.

Yes, the sand traps are just that, traps! haha
Quote from Motordirex :Good lap time on that bike! I havent ridden it but cant imagine its handles as well as the GP125.

Yes, the sand traps are just that, traps! haha

I nailed perfectly on 4th or 5th curve. Absolute art. However, the left-right-left turns I failed and once again I failed breaking point on back straight, this time I didn't fall off. Rest of the stuff was decent.

I will work a setup
Quote from Motordirex :Posted a 2:35.74 on the GP125 before the server went on the fritz. The International circuit is wicked on the bikes.

Got 2:38.10 and I fall off on last corner... Simply wobbled and threw me into air lol... ;ASD

EDIT: GP125

EDIT: Actually, that bike handles better than GP125, but I guess it is more like matter of taste.

I start to like this bike too, but definitely prefer BX400...

in fact, the power of GP125 and the handling of BX400, mix up those two and oh yes! Smile
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Got 2:38.10 and I fall off on last corner... Simply wobbled and threw me into air lol... ;ASD

EDIT: Actually, that bike handles better than GP125, but I guess it is more like matter of taste.

in fact, the power of GP125 and the handling of BX400, mix up those two and oh yes! Smile

Interesting, Ive not ridden the BX400 yet, will try and get some time this week. If you have a setup, please share. Wink
Quote from nikopdr :It's actually not as bad as you might think Big grin I've had a lot of fun driving the GP125 and GP250 around many tracks with my wheel. dunno how many kilometers i've driven already, but i can keep the bike going without falling over once in a few laps so i guess i've got the hang of them Big grin

I would say it's most fun with what you're used to play with (obviously), i don't think theres any advantages or disadvantages between wheel and mouse. (apart from analog throttle/brake of course, but there's also the choice of using mouse for steering and pedals for throttle/brake/clutch inputs Big grin)

It's the most fun I've had in LFS, probably.

Never expected bikes in this game to be able to work as well as they do.

Hopefully we get a moto-specific tyre dimension and maybe some lean animations more integrated then we will surely see some Marc Marquez action !
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Got 2:38.10 and I fall off on last corner... Simply wobbled and threw me into air lol... ;ASD

I cannot get the BX400 to perform for me, and have tinkered with the settings, I find it really unstable. You're a better rider than myself. haha
Quote from Motordirex :I cannot get the BX400 to perform for me, and have tinkered with the settings, I find it really unstable. You're a better rider than myself. haha

:O nah..? hm?...
How do the bike models react to the railroad tracks on Fern Bay and South City? In real life, I've had to deal with a similar situation and it's not very fun.... I guess I could try it myself, huh? I've tried one on Blackwood, using an X box controller.... And ate it leaning too hard LOL just like real life!
Quote from Racer Y :How do the bike models react to the railroad tracks on Fern Bay and South City? In real life, I've had to deal with a similar situation and it's not very fun.... I guess I could try it myself, huh? I've tried one on Blackwood, using an X box controller.... And ate it leaning too hard LOL just like real life!

Good question. Ive not even tried the bikes at Fern Bay or South City because of train tracks. But youre right, if not at the proper angle to the tracks, you could easily lose the front wheel going over them.
Meanwhile, managed BX400 @ WE2: 2:37.53. Still several seconds too slow.
Quote from Motordirex :Wicked! Good riding!

I was told there is actually a god rider in LFS, who is capable to drive fast some insanely fast bikes. In other words, being in whole new different league.

Would like to really see some motorcycle racing action!

I have never liked bikes, but I do watch when people go racing with them, regardless of the level or event.

But I admit, BX400 is my bike I prefer.

EDIT: My argument above, I admit it is a bit too rough and creates some conflict...

In real world:

Do I like bikes to drive? - No
Do I generally like bikes? - Sorta
Is there a bike you prefer? - Not really no
Do I ever watch motorsport which includes bikes? - Definitely

In LFS:

Do I like bikes to drive? - It depends, but definitely inside LFS I prefer rather in real life
Do I generally like bikes? - Sorta
Is there a bike you prefer? - BX400
Do I ever watch motorsport which includes bikes? - Definitely
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Would like to really see some motorcycle racing action!

I think its doable. We need to find at least 10 racers wanting to race the bikes, I think it would be a lot of fun.

Thoughts?
If it is getting hard to find, I can volunteer At least.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :If it is getting hard to find, I can volunteer At least.

Sure please help if you can. I have been crazy busy with work so havent even had a chance to jump on for some testing. Hopefully this week, I am going through withdrawals haha
I can join you sometimes but not every weeks, i play with my raspberrypi 4 and XBOX controller, FE1 is really hard ^^
Quote from NENE87 :I can join you sometimes but not every weeks, i play with my raspberrypi 4 and XBOX controller, FE1 is really hard ^^

No, I can not commit to weekly races either. If we can get 10+ riders, an event every two weeks would be fun.

2 races, 2 different bikes, random starting positions (no qualifying), timed races:

Warm-up - 15 mins
Race 1 - 20 mins
Race 2 - 20 mins

Bikes can reset after a crash, even restart from the pit lane if they need to on the same bike.

Thoughts?
I would be interested, if time is right for me
Quote from Sobis :I would be interested, if time is right for me

100% will be based on peoples availability and time zone.
Track changed to Blackwood Historic!
BX400 at BLH:
Fastest lap: 1.40.43
3 laps: 5.11.37
Crashed: 0 (so proud!)
Well done dude!
Quote from NENE87 :Well done dude!

Haha...thanks. Blackwood felt more comfortable with the BX400 compared to Westhill, likely because Westhill has faster corners and I find the BX to not handle well.
Can I be honest here? The bikes in LFS make riding a real bike easy. Somebody modded a cruiser but it's geared like a hayabusa. I ride a muscle bike. And as much as I'd like to think its as fast as a crotch rocket, it's not really. I mean sure I can shoot down Ninjas and jixxers, but something that's 900 + ccs? not really..... LOL my ride is actually OLDER than LFS. But yeah. They tend to speed wobble at low speeds. Don't get me wrong. I love the bikes. And I still fight with learning to use them, I just think they need a ways to go to replicate the real experience. And unfortunately, they'll never be able to replicate the life. LOLOLOL LFS MC 1%
Attached images
Shiny Valerie.jpg
Quote from Racer Y :Can I be honest here? The bikes in LFS make riding a real bike easy. Somebody modded a cruiser but it's geared like a hayabusa. I ride a muscle bike. And as much as I'd like to think its as fast as a crotch rocket, it's not really. I mean sure I can shoot down Ninjas and jixxers, but something that's 900 + ccs? not really..... LOL my ride is actually OLDER than LFS. But yeah. They tend to speed wobble at low speeds. Don't get me wrong. I love the bikes. And I still fight with learning to use them, I just think they need a ways to go to replicate the real experience. And unfortunately, they'll never be able to replicate the life. LOLOLOL LFS MC 1%

Interesting post, thank you.

I raced 600cc's back in the day, and now ride a SV1000. Do the bikes being created (by enthusiasts, not paid developers) replicate my motorcycles experiences? Not sure, but you are talking about two different worlds. Unfortunately, there is no commercially available racing sim that will replicate racing a F1 car, or riding a motorcycle.

What the bikes and their creators have done is give us another, very challenging, option in LFS. Because if you agree that the bikes are realistic or not, they are not as easy to race compared to the cars.

The LFS platform has opened up so much with the mods, and I cannot thank the creators and contributors enough. So I will raise your 1% another 59% for a good 60% overall rating from my perspective.

Server Up - LFSportbikes Test and Tune
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG