The online racing simulator
Swirl Sport '06
(98 posts, started )
Hello, Tomsteel! Really like where this mod is headed and decided to edit the rims and add a logo - it's fake, based on the name Swirl, I hope you like the changes - and if you do, you will find them attached below.

SWR_logo.png -> LFS_EDITOR\data\png

Inside the Swirl wheels.zip:

Swirl Sport 06.spk -> LFS_EDITOR\data\3dob
Swirl Sport 06.whl -> LFS_EDITOR\data\whl
Swirl Sport 06.whx -> LFS_EDITOR\data\whl

You can load them from LOAD WHL -> Swirl Sport 06.whl (in the wheel object screen) or
load separately Swirl Sport 06.spk (from edit spoke -> load) and Swirl Sport 06.whx (from edit rim -> load).
I've edited spoke and rim only, nothing else, so in your version must look the same.

Also I prefer low prolife tyre style 1, but it works with 0 too. Smile

EDIT: little update (last 3 images) Big grin
Attached images
11.png
12.png
12-1.png
13.png
14.png
SWR_logo.png
15.png
16.png
17.png
18.png
20.png
21.png
22.png
Attached files
SWR_logo.psd - 150.8 KB - 241 views
Swirl_wheel_v3.zip - 27.9 KB - 251 views
Looks good, but the steering animation is very bad, it stops before full lock, often doesnt actually hold the wheel, etc
Quote from Evolution_R :Hello, Tomsteel! Really like where this mod is headed and decided to edit the rims and add a logo - it's fake, based on the name Swirl, I hope you like the changes - and if you do, you will find them attached below.

SWR_logo.png -> LFS_EDITOR\data\png

Inside the Swirl wheels.zip:

Swirl Sport 06.spk -> LFS_EDITOR\data\3dob
Swirl Sport 06.whl -> LFS_EDITOR\data\whl
Swirl Sport 06.whx -> LFS_EDITOR\data\whl

You can load them from LOAD WHL -> Swirl Sport 06.whl (in the wheel object screen) or
load separately Swirl Sport 06.spk (from edit spoke -> load) and Swirl Sport 06.whx (from edit rim -> load).
I've edited spoke and rim only, nothing else, so in your version must look the same.

Also I prefer low prolife tyre style 1, but it works with 0 too. Smile

EDIT: little update (last 3 images) Big grin

Thank you for your effort, the idea of the two tone paint for the rims seems to be a good addition, the wheels definitely need some tweaking regardless.

I am not sure about the logo, I intentionally did not use any replacement for the original one, I think its better the leave the fantasy working rather than trying to force it into a direction.
Quote from Latvian Video :Looks good, but the steering animation is very bad, it stops before full lock, often doesnt actually hold the wheel, etc

Thanks for noticing it, animation editing is one of those things I didn't want to hold the project with in this early stage by trying to figure out how the editor works.

Skin templates and licence plates are done, fixed the indicators, once I fix the steering animation an update will be released. After that I'll start working on the right-hand drive variant for the following update.
Quote from Tomsteel :I am not sure about the logo, I intentionally did not use any replacement for the original one, I think its better the leave the fantasy working rather than trying to force it into a direction.

If the wheels need some tweaking I can help you edit them if you want. Smile

The logo (for the rims only, otherwise looks a bit empty) can be replaced by this for example:

Edit: About the animation - for my mod I used the default one (from XRT). Only edited the leg and foot positions.
Attached images
SWR_logo.png
1.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Version 4

- added default skin
- added license plates
- steering animation fixed
- fixed indicators
Attached images
skin_wireframe.png
Quote from Evolution_R :If the wheels need some tweaking I can help you edit them if you want. Smile

The logo (for the rims only, otherwise looks a bit empty) can be replaced by this for example:

Edit: About the animation - for my mod I used the default one (from XRT). Only edited the leg and foot positions.

Thanks, it seems like its not possible to form the rim shape in a way as the spoke design would require, hence the intersecting on the outside. It is ok for now, but I will be experimenting with it later.

I managed to customize the steering animation for the 1080deg rotation, the animation editor is pretty impressive overall.
Version 5

- right-hand drive is now available
- added LOD2 (more accurate shadow generation)
- minor graphical optimizations and improvements
- minor tweaks in rear suspension geometry

(some of the dashboard elements are not the correct shape in right-hand drive configuration, due to the limitations of the editor)
Quote from Tomsteel :Version 5...(some of the dashboard elements are not the correct shape in right-hand drive configuration, due to the limitations of the editor)

I had to detach the whole gauge object into subobject so it can display correctly both right and left hand drive configurations. Check out the RB4 GT in the Editor - it's done this way.
Quote from Evolution_R :I had to detach the whole gauge object into subobject so it can display correctly both right and left hand drive configurations. Check out the RB4 GT in the Editor - it's done this way.

The indentation (shown on the image) for the starter switch and the 12V connector are the two things I was not able to solve, they would require a totally different mesh on the right side.
Attached images
V5_RHD.png
Very good mod , very good car i wish we had in canada , btw, car did record time on karting national
Proper job, Acs kollega. I smell a virtual Suzuki cup boiling in the near future.
Quote from RevengeR :Proper job, Acs kollega. I smell a virtual Suzuki cup boiling in the near future.

I love the smell of that, Sanyikám. Wink Thanks for increasing the nostalgic vibes even further! Wave
Quote from Drift ACE :Very good mod , very good car i wish we had in canada , btw, car did record time on karting national

Sad to hear about missing it completely there, we not only had it sold here in Hungary, but we manufactured it in Esztergom. That record time is impressive.
Would it be possible to make the white parts skinnable like the rest?
Attached images
lfs_00000327.jpg
Quote from Kanade :Would it be possible to make the white parts skinnable like the rest?

Sure, but I made it like this intentionally. Applying any decals for example on the side, it would look strange if the gaps would be painted aswell. For a full coloring like on your picture I found it easier to tweak the sliders for the body color rather than painting it on the skin, but I might be wrong, so please correct me if so.

Just uploaded a new version where the mirrors and the spoiler can be colored separately.
Version 7

- added "trackday" configuration (stiffer and lowered suspension, stripped interior with temporary trunk floor mesh, front towstrap, custom rear bumper)

- added interior fabric textures
- modified LCD screens (more realistic type)
- mirrors and the spoiler can be colored separately from the chassis.
- two-tone rim coloring
Quote from Tomsteel :Applying any decals for example on the side, it would look strange if the gaps would be painted aswell. For a full coloring like on your picture I found it easier to tweak the sliders for the body color rather than painting it on the skin, but I might be wrong, so please correct me if so.

Keeping the gaps body coloured is reducing opportunities for skinners, even a simple two tone scheme is sadly looking weird due to it.
Anything placed on a skin can easily be made to fit around the gaps (it only takes a second to make a mask layer).
I genuinely think more complex skins (like racing painjobs) would suffer from that; I hope you see my point.
Quote from Kanade :Keeping the gaps body coloured is reducing opportunities for skinners, even a simple two tone scheme is sadly looking weird due to it.
Anything placed on a skin can easily be made to fit around the gaps (it only takes a second to make a mask layer).
I genuinely think more complex skins (like racing painjobs) would suffer from that; I hope you see my point.

You are totally right, wireframe mask can help to leave the gaps unchanged if needed. I'll fix this in the next update, thank you for reporting it!
Quote from Tomsteel :You are totally right, wireframe mask can help to leave the gaps unchanged if needed. I'll fix this in the next update, thank you for reporting it!

You could maybe assign these edges to a mapping that does not have a texture and paint that mapping matte black, in my opinion it looks good enough with and without skins (picture as an example of my own mappings, there are no edges in the skinfile) Smile

I also forgot to thank you for the scanning explanation, I'll definitely try this with my own car Big grin
Attached images
garland88.jpg
Quote from nikopdr :You could maybe assign these edges to a mapping that does not have a texture and paint that mapping matte black, in my opinion it looks good enough with and without skins (picture as an example of my own mappings, there are no edges in the skinfile) Smile

I also forgot to thank you for the scanning explanation, I'll definitely try this with my own car Big grin

Thanks for your advice, that was my original plan too, but I didn't like the lack of reflections on the edges.

I've used Xbox360 Kinect for scanning, it provided plenty of details. They are quite cheap for how much tech they have inside. An additional adapter cable is needed for pc connection, plus a software like Skanect, which I used.
I don't know if you do it already, but for those edges/seams, you can mark the inner points as "dark" in the modeller, then the surrounding triangles will still use the original mapping colour but they will appear darker.
Quote from Flame CZE :I don't know if you do it already, but for those edges/seams, you can mark the inner points as "dark" in the modeller, then the surrounding triangles will still use the original mapping colour but they will appear darker.

Totally missed that feature, adds a great bit of depth to the gaps, thanks! I've already attached those edges back to thier neighbouring panels, it perfectly darkens the skin color in those areas.
Many thanks for this mod and congrats. 5 starts from me. This could easily pass as official content.

Hope you make more mods for us!
Quote from DratsaB :Many thanks for this mod and congrats. 5 starts from me. This could easily pass as official content.

Hope you make more mods for us!

Thank you so much, it is my pleasure to see you guys enjoying it.

Swirl Sport '06
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG