The online racing simulator
New Version 0.7B - Mods System Updates
Hello Racers,

It is nearly two months since the release of the new mods system which has been very popular and well supported by the community. We have made a lot of improvements in LFS since then and you can now get them in a new patch, 0.7B.

The mods screen looks better and works more efficiently. You can now set favourites and rate mods from in game. The ratings help mods become approved when they are well received by the community.

There is a new skin viewer mode in the garage which is useful when you are working on the paint job of an LFS car or a mod. You can also export a plain skin template or a wireframe from the garage as a starting point for a skin.

Support for electric vehicles has improved, including regenerative braking. AI paths can now be generated for mods and there are various fixes and improvements.

Community members have been creating a lot of mods. Our reviewers have found it hard to keep up as so many have been submitted. It is important for us to check the source of models to make sure that copyright is respected. Reviewers have also been checking some of the best mods and giving them an 'approved' status which allows them to be displayed more prominently. To help the reviewers we have now implemented a 'public review' system in which new mods will appear on the forum to be checked by S3 licensed community members before they are first published.

See the full list of changes and how to install the update on the Live for Speed version 0.7B page.

- LFS Developers
Attached images
lfs_mods_screen.jpg
lfs_viewer_rb4.jpg
Setups copied and pasted from 7A probably 7B as well cannot be used on older LFS versions such as 0.6T, why?
Nice work. Thanks for the update.

Not a huge deal but if I want to add AI to an online server they should know the track first: like it has to be done offline race then it is OK online. Otherwise you cannot be Ready...
Nice work,now its time for the big one Thumbs up
It is a pity that they did not make a ground Layout square. Thank you for expanding the possibilities of the test.

It's not clear why the download of the mod does not work
It would be nice if VR Click could be used to rotate the view in garage like the left mouse button can, now.

Is there any consideration to quell review bombing in the public review forum? It seems as though everything's getting hit by 1-star ratings pretty quickly.

-----

Unrelated to the update in particular, but I noticed today that I've run out of options to map functions to my wheel + button box. Since all of my wheel's buttons can now be mapped (thanks to 0.6W I believe), I have every CTRL- and Shift-F# setting doing custom input duty (mostly for things like replay and camera control, live FFB adjustment, and turn signals). Just putting it out there that I'd be in favour of extended control settings to allow direct controller binding of many of LFS's other functions, such as those with reserved keys.

An even more minor desire is to have finer granularity of FFB adjustment, as `/press less` and `/press more` make adjustments in steps of 5 which is a lot when I hover around a setting of 20 to get decent dynamic range in force effects.

Keep up the great work -- LFS development continues to impress!
Quote from Zopiac :An even more minor desire is to have finer granularity of FFB adjustment, as `/press less` and `/press more` make adjustments in steps of 5 which is a lot when I hover around a setting of 20 to get decent dynamic range in force effects.

+1 for this, I would love to see +-1 increments instead of +-5. I always need to enter the options screen when I want to do small ffb strength changes during a race and that is not convenient, especially because the ffb is lost and the menu text makes me crash due to poor visibility 7 times out of 10 Smile

Tnx Scawen for the updates. Please pul the plug on the mods-related updates, it is a rabbit hole, it's time for physics (another major rabbit hole).
thanks for the version Scawen !

a little bug (french) in templates generator :

- when you click on the first line : "selectionnez le type de gabarit"
> it generate the black and white textured template

- when you click the second line "texture noir et blanc du skin"
> it generate the black mask

so , in french, the correct sentences (or choices) are :
1st line : "Texture noir et blanc du skin"
2nd line : "masque noir"
Merci!

In fact in English it is:
1st line: shaded skin texture
2nd line: black and white skin texture

So I think "Texture noir et blanc du skin" was intended for the second line. It's just the first line that needs a proper translation. Maybe you can suggest one?

Would this do? (edit of google translate) : Texture de skin ombragée
(I don't know if 'ombragée' is a suitable translation for 'shaded' in this context)
https://www.lfs.net/lfs_translate/public_translation_viewer.php?lang=French
"Texture des ombres du skin" sounds better to me...
For now I've moved the translation that was in the wrong slot, to the correct slot and left the shaded one untranslated.

So either we'll settle on the ideal translation or an official translator will find the green line.

In English there is a difference between "shading" and "shadows". To me, the word 'ombres' sounds more like 'shadows' than 'shading'. But my French isn't very good. Big grin
Attached images
skins_old.gif
skins_temp.gif
I agree with you, 'ombre' is more for shadow. The term "shading" is barely translated when applied to graphical things. Oterwise it would be "nuance" ... but never heard this in videogames thing Big grin
it's sometimes "ombre portée" but it is more often the English word that is used I think.
We just have to find the most comprehensive description...
... but we are French so we never agree Big grin
very true Big grin Big grin
Like trying to translate "Force FeedBack" in French !

By the way, glad for you Scawen to be able to relase this wonderful update, and good luck going back to business with the tire physics Thumbs up
the Black & white "texture" is not a texture in my opinion, this is a 2 tone black + white mask layer

so prefer "Masque noir et blanc" instead of " texture noir et blanc du skin"
Wink

for the first line , choose beetween " texture d'ombrage du skin " ou "texture de nuances du skin"

the twice are ok and well comprehensive Thumbs up

ps : there is also a little misunderstood which is not well translated since dozen years Big grin :
in the menu screen : "ralenti" doesnt match. prefer "Replay" (yes, it is working in french), "ralenti" in french mean "slow motion" Wink

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG