The online racing simulator
Test Patch A13 - Various updates
(57 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Flame CZE :The skin reload function is throwing an error when clicking "reload" when using a mod.

Its not really a bug. What I was thinking is to let the user know that skin isn't found. It is assumed that the user clicks reload when they have saved an updated JPG in the skins folder, and they want to see the result of that. Well, that isn't going to happen, so it displays this error or warning. In fact it does reload the DDS anyway, if it exists, but I thought it would be useful information to the user that the JPG was not found.
Quote from Scawen :Its not really a bug. What I was thinking is to let the user know that skin isn't found. It is assumed that the user clicks reload when they have saved an updated JPG in the skins folder, and they want to see the result of that. Well, that isn't going to happen, so it displays this error or warning. In fact it does reload the DDS anyway, if it exists, but I thought it would be useful information to the user that the JPG was not found.

So what is the proper workflow when making a skin for a mod? I'm a bit confused by this part - it sounds like it doesn't work by just saving a JPG skin in the skins folder.
Yes, it should work if you save that JPG in the skins folder.

That is, in the main LFS\data\skins folder, not the mod's own folder.

When I click that button, I only see that message if that JPG is *not* in the skins folder.

For example if I load your bus, I click "reload" and see the warning/error message, because that JPG doesn't exist.
But if I save a file data\skins\106198_DEFAULT.jpg then click reload, I don't see that message. It loads the skin.
Ah that makes sense now. Thanks Smile
Quote from PitlaneRacer :power/weight ratio doesn't recalculate when changing power restriction for electric vehicles.

while it does when changing ballast
Test Patch A11:

New LFS://getmod link to install a mod from a link on the website
- works if LFS is not running or is running but not in multiplayer
- can install mod from entry / game setup / garage / mod screens

LFS join links no longer start new instance if LFS already running
- makes existing LFS join host (from entry or multiplayer screens)

FIX: OOS if AI on grid with non-rally car when changing to rx track
FIX: Remote EV would jump / glitch during pit stop if throttle held

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/97038
(Unrelated to A11) there is a text "Downloading list of mods" which appears right after clicking "Mods" for the first time - it could be added to translations.
I wonder why regular garage/pit screen does not have the 3D view with zoom in out added?
Quote from Flame CZE :(Unrelated to A11) there is a text "Downloading list of mods" which appears right after clicking "Mods" for the first time - it could be added to translations.

OK, I've added that, thanks.

Quote from nexttime :I wonder why regular garage/pit screen does not have the 3D view with zoom in out added?

Zooming in doesn't look good on that as:

- the vehicle is actually rendered onto a texture there so it works in VR without coding up a full stereoscopic view for that screen
- if you zoom in then the vehicle is cut off at the edges of the texture
- anyway it wouldn't look that good behind the buttons

I guess it's easy enough to press S to toggle the viewer mode?
Quote from Scawen :I guess it's easy enough to press S to toggle the viewer mode?

Didn't know that, now (knowing this) is more intuitive for sure! Thanks.
I've tried pressing V (from Viewer) Big grin
I never read the changelogs carefully, because I can't wait to try the new stuff. Big grin

EDIT: V is even better! Big grin
Actually the V key sounds more logical to me as well.
Agree, changed to V.
Test Patch A12

Improved checks when clicking a link to install a mod
Car name is now shown below driver name in F11 and F12
Key to toggle Viewer mode in Garage changed to V (was S)
Added some translation lines for the Viewer mode in Garage
FIX: Obscure message "Not found" on entering garage with test mod

Quote from PitlaneRacer :power/weight ratio doesn't recalculate when changing power restriction for electric vehicles

Any plans for this? Smile
i think what last step in translation is translate shorts names of view positions R L B F
I don't know if anyone has written about it. AI pilots stop during the race. This usually happens on the second, third or fourth lap. At first they drive normally, and then they start taking turns to stop. They're revving up, but they're barely moving. This happens when I use formula car mods. Inoycar cars and others. At the same time, a reduced motor power was installed. Fern Bay and Rockingham Highways.
That sounds like they have burned out the clutch. Do you see a hot clutch if you press F9 / F10 to see the tyre / suspension display? If so then it may be the gearing is set up in a way that makes it hard for the AI.
Test Patch A13

EV battery light now comes on when charge is less than 5%
EV dashboard is now blank when the car is switched off (I key)
FIX: Clutch temperature no longer displayed for electric vehicles
FIX: Power-weight ratio display wrong for EV with power restriction

I am not sure if that was said before and when it started happening but when i try to connect to full host, the game shows "Host is full" but in the same time it sends message in the chat "Did not receive track info".
Attached images
Untitled.png
Quote from crazyboy232 :I am not sure if that was said before and when it started happening but when i try to connect to full host, the game shows "Host is full" but in the same time it sends message in the chat "Did not receive track info".

Yeah I noticed that on A11 as well earlier.
Do you have any plans on giving insim developers access to clutch slip or engine damage?
I don't have a plan for that as my main focus is to release what we have as an official version ASAP (early in the week). As always, there are a lot of things (maybe hundreds) that are important to different people but I can't do many of them, as each small thing takes a long time.

I really have to stop working on the mods, so I can sort out the tyre physics and then we can release the new graphics. So there has to be an end. And I still have a couple of important things on my list.

Anyway, is there an appropriate InSim packet that your requested data values could be squeezed into? It's always a lot easier to use some unused bytes, compared with adding a new packet or extending an existing one.
Fantastic work on the mod system is great! It's certainly a very long wait for new tire physics and graphics, so i don't wait for a track editor. If possible, in one of the tire physics test patches, insert the choice of coating on concrete blocks, soil. Or to a convenient place in the editor. What would be possible to lay on asphalt or grass the surface of the soil, gravel, soil.

Thanks again!!!
Quote from Dmitry[RUS :;1989203"]If possible, in one of the tire physics test patches, insert the choice of coating on concrete blocks, soil. Or to a convenient place in the editor. What would be possible to lay on asphalt or grass the surface of the soil, gravel, soil.

Thanks, yes I am really looking forward to releasing the new physics and graphics.

One of the worst things for me is that any changes I do in the public version, I have to copy to the development version. So after any heavy session of coding, there is a lot of code merging as well. It feels like driving with the brakes on or swimming with a parachute. I am so slowed by this awful situation of maintaining two different but similar code bases.

I obviously did not know many years ago, when I separated it into two versions, that there would be MANY updates in the public version. It wasn't a situation I took lightly, it was becoming too hard to keep two versions of physics in the same code. But I had known the future, I would have taken a different decision.

So I'm looking forward to that chapter of my life to be over. It really makes it hard to add anything new and major, because there is so much code merging to be done.
Quote from Scawen :That sounds like they have burned out the clutch. Do you see a hot clutch if you press F9 / F10 to see the tyre / suspension display? If so then it may be the gearing is set up in a way that makes it hard for the AI.

Yes. You're right. Thank you, Scawen!
This thread is closed

Test Patch A13 - Various updates
(57 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG