(14 posts, started )
RTS 6-71
Vehicle mod: RTS 6-71
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/83EECF

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Rapid Transit

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Note: mod is still WIP
Please give your feedback after testing this mod to help me improve it.

Powered by the famous Detroit Diesel I6-71 engine, the 2001 RTS NOVA Replica.
It has 4 meters wheelbase and 2 meters width.
-Can choose driver side.
-Skin support
-detailed interior/exterior
-it's a bus

Thanks for isaac68ea (Roberson) for providing sound

History For who cares:
The inline six-cylinder 71 series engine was introduced as the initial flagship product of the Detroit Diesel Engine Division of General Motors in 1938. The V-type first appeared in 1957.
Sales of The 71 Series ceased in the summer of 1995, with the four stroke Detroit Diesel engine introduced as a replacement.

The Rapid Transit Series (RTS) city bus is a long-running series of transit buses that was originally manufactured by GMC Truck and Coach Division during 1977, in Pontiac, Michigan. First produced in 1977, the RTS was GMC's offering of an Advanced Design Bus design (the other entry was the Grumman 870 by competitor Flxible) and is the descendant of GMC's prototype for the U.S. Department of Transportation's Transbus project. The RTS is notable for its then-futuristic styling featuring automobile-like curved body and window panels; the Advanced Design Buses were meant to be an interim solution between the high-floor transit buses that preceded them, such as the GMC New Look (which had a curved windshield, but flat side glass and body panels), and modern low-floor buses that would facilitate passenger boarding and accessibility. Most current buses are now made by specialized coach manufacturers with flat sides and windows.

COVER SCREENSHOT:
That dirty skin is brilliant!
Enjoying this for the most part. Bunch of small things though:

Default caster is pretty rough on FFB (pretty much instantly clipping when turning at all) but a personal setup fixes that (2-2.5 is good for me and my wheel).

The side mirrors' mounting arms clip into the body of the bus slightly.

The... buttons? dials? in the inner "center" button cluster which have the red/white "umbrella" pattern ("GEN" and "Undo Accident") look odd, with the red being on top of the rest or perhaps the white having backwards normals or something.

The "outer" button labels don't flip properly, only really obvious with the EPC label.

Minor clipping on the wipers where the lower/inner arms cross over the blades.

And the smallest issue of all: the head unit is smaller than real ones by maybe 30-40% -- there's no way I could fit a cassette in the loader. But this is only noticeable in VR I'm sure where depth perception and perception of scale exist.

But the driving itself is fine, and all of these things are varying degrees of minor.
Quote from Zopiac :Enjoying this for the most part. Bunch of small things though:

Default caster is pretty rough on FFB (pretty much instantly clipping when turning at all) but a personal setup fixes that (2-2.5 is good for me and my wheel).

The side mirrors' mounting arms clip into the body of the bus slightly.

The... buttons? dials? in the inner "center" button cluster which have the red/white "umbrella" pattern ("GEN" and "Undo Accident") look odd, with the red being on top of the rest or perhaps the white having backwards normals or something.

The "outer" button labels don't flip properly, only really obvious with the EPC label.

Minor clipping on the wipers where the lower/inner arms cross over the blades.

And the smallest issue of all: the head unit is smaller than real ones by maybe 30-40% -- there's no way I could fit a cassette in the loader. But this is only noticeable in VR I'm sure where depth perception and perception of scale exist.

But the driving itself is fine, and all of these things are varying degrees of minor.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation of these things. I'll work on these things.
But for the fun labeling of some buttons it's just there for fun. Big grin
I tried yesterday. Nice work the interior is nicely detailed.
I guess I am not a bus driver but trying at AS2 I had some fun on almost a lap. Then after a speed killer last turn the engine was weird. Kind of blocked at 2k rpm. Clutching or changing gear did not work great either. Strange I don't know it is LFS or mod related. Maybe the slow reving engine is glitching the game...
Ffb is heavy yes but we'll it is a bus...
Quote from loopingz :I tried yesterday. Nice work the interior is nicely detailed.
I guess I am not a bus driver but trying at AS2 I had some fun on almost a lap. Then after a speed killer last turn the engine was weird. Kind of blocked at 2k rpm. Clutching or changing gear did not work great either. Strange I don't know it is LFS or mod related. Maybe the slow reving engine is glitching the game...
Ffb is heavy yes but we'll it is a bus...

Hmm i think i get what you mean, did you try without TC on?
Might be the problem! I don't think I have even mapped the button to activate deactivate...
Quote from loopingz :Might be the problem! I don't think I have even mapped the button to activate deactivate...

It would be interesting to know if it made a difference.
I don't have a wheel so i can't feel or judge the ffd to adjust Smile
Yesterday I had TC on because I was with City setup and you cannot change it by button...
I could not stuck it today.
Default setups are pretty bad between 3 and 4 too much gap.
City and Road are inverted on final drive ratio. City should have a higher drive ratio: More torque and less top speed. Currently city tops out in fourth gear, the other goes to the max in 5 gear.
FFB is heavy (like too heavy) on turning but I don't feel much bump anyway. But the force are in the good direction which is good at least.
Did you remove the dirty skin? I could not put it today...
Quote from loopingz :Yesterday I had TC on because I was with City setup and you cannot change it by button...
I could not stuck it today.
Default setups are pretty bad between 3 and 4 too much gap.
City and Road are inverted on final drive ratio. City should have a higher drive ratio: More torque and less top speed. Currently city tops out in fourth gear, the other goes to the max in 5 gear.
FFB is heavy (like too heavy) on turning but I don't feel much bump anyway. But the force are in the good direction which is good at least.
Did you remove the dirty skin? I could not put it today...

Alrighty then, I'll be adjusting these setups.
Dirt South City skin is one of the default colors
OK I guess I could not find it previously... because it is classified as saloon car instead of truck...
Best bus mod so far i´ve driven! You "feel" the weight very good and it´s great to handle.Excellent interieur, especially the dashboard! Only "negative" i found is that there aren´t skins available for Westhill and Aston. :-)
Quote from Berni25 :Best bus mod so far i´ve driven! You "feel" the weight very good and it´s great to handle.Excellent interieur, especially the dashboard! Only "negative" i found is that there aren´t skins available for Westhill and Aston. :-)

Thank you!
I am currently remaking the interior it gonna be way better than current. Also I'm working on the handling more and willing to make a skin for each track Big grin

RTS 6-71
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG