The online racing simulator
Does suspension mass constant increase the suspension strength? If so in what way. Or what does influence the strength
Are there any learning resources available for the Engine editor? Couldn't find anything on the wiki page
How do I fix these doubled normals? I have absolutely no clue what the reason for them is, but they appear when I build new tris on the body. They seem to be destroying the overall look, so I'd much appreciate advice for this issue.

EDIT: Fixed the issue: Went into 'groups' mode -> selected the tris that looked different (they were part of a different group!) -> assigned them to the correct group from top-right
Attached images
zXJrBzby0W.png
LFS_EDITOR_n0eJDZN06N.png
LFS_EDITOR_7TYvUyBSE6.png
Is it possible inside LFS Editor to select specific triangles/points and save them as a separate object?
Yes, you create a new, empty subobject and position it where you want.

Then select the triangles and click "break off".

The triangles will break off into the new subobject and you can save it from subob mode.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, you create a new, empty subobject and position it where you want.

Then select the triangles and click "break off".

The triangles will break off into the new subobject and you can save it from subob mode.

Works perfectly in the same order as you described it. Thank you!
I tried looking everywhere with no avail, but how are you guys accessing the "rotate" buttons under this menu. I have damn near ripped every gray hair off my head by now trying to figure this out lol.
Attached images
how.jpg
Try to make the text smaller:
Attached images
Capture.JPG
Hi! It might seem strange, but does the roughness slider work for you? For me in the editor it is working fine, but ingame it is only showing full reflections or nothing, roughness values under 100% are showing as full matt. I have a lod2 with auto generated collision box, so I don't think lods are the issue. Thank you in advance for your help!
That's correct, the roughness values don't work at all in the old graphics engine. The best approximation for them is plain matt.

Materials with roughness are part of the new graphics system, and they rely on special shaders that are not easy to reproduce in the old system.

I have prepared an object that shows all possible types of material and can do a comparison between how they appear in the new system (editor) and the old system (current public LFS) and I have planned to do a video on this. I'll try to get that done.
@Scawen

Thank you for the clarification!
Hi scawen seems to be a problem with the ai racing in my plm1, they seem to rev the engine at redline during the laps and not up gear correctly, is this something I did wrong?

edit: all ai's set to pro(5)

https://streamable.com/iam2oc
Quote from ELDemon :Hi scawen seems to be a problem with the ai racing in my plm1, they seem to rev the engine at redline during the laps and not up gear correctly, is this something I did wrong?

The max power range seems to be very close to the rev limit, try to increase the limit, I did this in my mods that had this problem.
Quote from henricat2006 :The max power range seems to be very close to the rev limit, try to increase the limit, I did this in my mods that had this problem.

Problem is this power level, is very close to it's real counterpart, I don't really want to edit it
Someone can explain why thing that I didn't touched broke? It's still okay in the editor and wrong in the game. In maps and cutouts everything are still the same as before. I exported this car 3 times and this error is still there...

PS
I compared this one to latest proper working version and everything are the same in maps and cutouts...
Attached images
lfs_00000011.jpg
lfs_00000116.jpg
Quote from ELDemon :Hi scawen seems to be a problem with the ai racing in my plm1, they seem to rev the engine at redline during the laps and not up gear correctly, is this something I did wrong?

this is the ununderstandable bug for the mod "T34 Sport", AIs do not gear up and stay in 1st !!

no problem with the Tommy28 (same author)
Quote from versiu :Someone can explain why thing that I didn't touched broke? It's still okay in the editor and wrong in the game. In maps and cutouts everything are still the same as before. I exported this car 3 times and this error is still there...

PS
I compared this one to latest proper working version and everything are the same in maps and cutouts...

If you use Test Patch A9, do you get a message "Cross-texture triangle found in LODx - mapping corrected" when you enter the garage?

If so then you have the model fault described here. https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1985581#post1985581
Quote from Tomfuel :this is the ununderstandable bug for the mod "T34 Sport", AIs do not gear up and stay in 1st !!

no problem with the Tommy28 (same author)

Things like this can be fixed with a minor adjustment of redline being raised 200-500 rpm’s higher and if the power or peak power at a certain rpm’s gets changed to something you are not happy with adjust the resistance with a few clicks it should fix it or at least put it back close to what it was prior.

Redline needs to be at least 500 rpm’s higher than “Peak Power” for AI to shift properly.
It can be tricky at times with engine editor to tweak engines to exact figure, just a couple hints:

If you want a torque monster you want the torque spread to be at a lower number and also the cam timing at a lower number this is what gets you either closer torque to HP or more torque than Horse power like a Diesel

Engines Inertia will adjust how easily the engine revs up, so light engine rotational mass, think of this as a light weight or heavy weight fly wheel. Most modern street cars would be from 1.0-1.3 diesels over 1.4, Formula engines 0.6-0.7 and regular race engines most of the time around 0.7-0.9.
You building an old 1920s-1960 you probably want to use somewhere around 1.4-1.6.

Turbo multiplier is how quick the turbo spools, diesel trucks I found the sweet spot right around 0.50, street stock turbo around 0.40 and race cars probably around 0.30 give or take just try it out until you feel or hear the difference. You can also hear how fast the turbo spools
Quote from Scawen :If you use Test Patch A9, do you get a message "Cross-texture triangle found in LODx - mapping corrected" when you enter the garage?

If so then you have the model fault described here. https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1985581#post1985581

I installed A9 and that was the error. I found guilty one. Thank u for help!
Attached images
lfs_00000012.jpg
Quote from versiu :I installed A9 and that was the error. I found guilty one. Thank u for help!

Thanks, good to know you fixed it.

By the way, is that a spare tyre in your image? If so, I think this is a case where if you have "Spare wheel" set to YES then you should have "Spare wheel visible" set to NO. That is the case if you can't really see that tyre.

The reason I say that - the tyres are a significant drain on the CPU, so it's much better to have only 4 drawn, if you don't need to draw 5 of them. The problem with the tyres is as they are flexible objects, their vertices are calculated and sent from the CPU to the GPU every frame. So this helps the frame rate.
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, good to know you fixed it.

By the way, is that a spare tyre in your image? If so, I think this is a case where if you have "Spare wheel" set to YES then you should have "Spare wheel visible" set to NO. That is the case if you can't really see that tyre.

The reason I say that - the tyres are a significant drain on the CPU, so it's much better to have only 4 drawn, if you don't need to draw 5 of them. The problem with the tyres is as they are flexible objects, their vertices are calculated and sent from the CPU to the GPU every frame. So this helps the frame rate.

The goal is to make it visible.
Attached images
lfs_00000015.jpg
Just thinking aloud, but does the spare need to be a 'real' (squishable) tyre? I will make any spares I need out of ordinary triangles in the editor to save a bit of CPU, but could LFS do that automatically on loading the mod maybe? (ie, if the spare is set and visible, calculate the shape/textures once, add them to the 'ordinary' static triangles and then just forget about the spare completely.)

Mods Technical Assistance
(391 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG