The online racing simulator
Hello Victor,

My Demo host will not run.
[ICS] - Crash Server!

Wanted to mention it, any particular info you need?

Quote from Victor :Hi all,

Unfortunately we have been ddos'd heavily since last night and you have been feeling the results of that attack.

I don't think pointing fingers to people here is of any help. It's most likely people who can't play anymore or cannot use the new version anymore who have some grief towards us and want to take away the fun for everyone.

I'm in touch with our hosting provider and we're looking at solutions to this problem. There are some in fact, but it requires some infrastructure changes so it can take a while before those are in place.
In the meantime Scawen and I are also looking into other solutions when it comes to the master's availability, to ensure people can continue to play even if the master is attacked.

The master currently works. One game hosting node is offline atm though because it was also attacked. If you have a dedi that you can manage through the control panel here on the site but you cannot join it, please feel free to report that here and I'll see if I can migrate your dedi to another machine.

Hi Jan, your host has been migrated and works again.
#28 - FIZ
Quote from fatalunfair :I think the reason is recent attempt to try and take down lfsvoldemorts discord server.

This seems a pretty good hypothesis, even though I remember Scawen on Twitter complaining more against Discord itself lacking possibility to report an entire server and not just some messages.
Anyway, it is not even important whoever did this, because some day a DDos would arrive for anyone.. So let's hope the team will make the necessary adjoustment to the server infrastructure.

Well I cannot say the evening was ruined really.. I was left driving the Stratos so it could be much worse Wink
Dankjewel, je bent een topper! Big grin

Quote from Victor :Hi Jan, your host has been migrated and works again.

Well, today is Fragmaster Fox Friday 600, the 600th week we are running the race. Hopefully mr. Badguy spares us today?
Quote from Victor :Hi all,

Unfortunately we have been ddos'd heavily since last night and you have been feeling the results of that attack.
but you cannot join it, please feel free to report that here and I'll see if I can migrate your dedi to another machine.

Hello Victor,
I seem to have this problem with our "GUM Garage #01" host. It crashes every time I try to start it:
Jan 21 12:46:04 InSim - TCP : LfsHostingNode
Jan 21 12:48:33 *Host started*
Jan 21 12:48:33 LFS DEDICATED HOST : 0.7A
Jan 21 12:48:33 load font
Jan 21 12:48:33 initialisations
Jan 21 12:48:33 tables
Jan 21 12:48:33 load objects
Jan 21 12:48:33 start intro
Jan 21 12:48:33 end of initialisation
Jan 21 12:48:33 Kyoto Ring
Jan 21 12:48:34 InSim - TCP : LfsHostingNode

Hello, i have e same problem with host : NFR Team #1
thanks Smile
Quote from KingOfIce :Hello Victor,
I seem to have this problem with our "GUM Garage #01" host. It crashes every time I try to start it

Quote from Nanex :Hello, i have e same problem with host : NFR Team #1
thanks Smile

Both hosts have been migrated. Please give it another go now.
From starters I saw one of my servers in online list,so I thought no problems,but could not connect Airio to it,so I restarted it and got:
Jan 21 14:30:21 InSim - TCP : LfsHostingNode

(server AWD Winter Series)
Its good, many thanks
Quote from Eclipsed :From starters I saw one of my servers in online list,so I thought no problems,but could not connect Airio to it,so I restarted it and got:
Jan 21 14:30:21 InSim - TCP : LfsHostingNode

(server AWD Winter Series)

Give that another try now, too (note the IP has changed)
Thanks Victor, it's ok for the LFS host (just a problem with Lapper despite my change of the ip address but I'm on it...)
Quote from fatalunfair :I think the reason is recent attempt to try and take down lfsvoldemorts discord server.

I guess crackers should be happy to learn that Discord are very willing to support them and are completely uninterested in cooperating with developers. I don't imagine that's the long term future for Discord, but for now it seems they aren't interested in being clean. My guess is they won't get their act together unless they are forced to.

Anyway we really have no idea who does the attacks, or their motivation, and it's not really worth wondering about it. There's not even any real reason to suppose it is related to the new version, though it seems likely due to timing. This has happened in the past. Some people just like to break things, or stop other people having fun.
Quote from rockclan :
Call me anything you like, but this is very suspicious in my eyes.
The entire world can't connect to LFS, but this guy is on TC Two? xD

idk why. Just mine udp not going over 100. I see others with red udp and make jokes about them Big grin but for me everything works good.
Hello devs,

Our 2 servers do not connect:

VM.Dev
VM.Mods Racing

Nordic Rally Championship server is currently not working/appearing on server list.
[DS] Driver Seat

[DS] Trail Easy

[DS] Trail Medium

all on ...155 ip. not working

Thanks in advance for help.
The above hosts have all been migrated.
LFS is under attack
Quote from Victor :The above hosts have all been migrated.

If one would use old lfs version hosted on non lfs hosting, with usemaster=no in config, would that server be affected by master server downtime?
When stupdi kids knows how to make random ddos attacks... poor guys
Hey, these servers don't work currently:

[MRc] Mod Racing
[MRc] GP Track BMW
[GD] Formula BMW S2
By the way, hosts that are currently not working, are expected to become accessible at some point, without migrating them, but it depends on how the attack goes, which we can't predict.

My point is, it is possible to migrate them now but if you don't need them this evening it might be better to wait and see how they are tomorrow.
Hello, a node is disconnected from our servers:
[AA] Rallycross GTI
[AA] Blackwood FBM
Quote from Scawen :Yes, there has been a heavy and sustained attack.

Sorry, but someone wanted to spoil your fun this evening!

Currently still down, 2nd day running Master's back up. Just asking though, during the attacks, are you able to get access to your server console terminal (to the i3D master server) for a force IP swap? Or totally unable/unadvisable?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG