The online racing simulator
AI race - resetting cars
(4 posts, started )
AI race - resetting cars
Hello!
I believe it's my first post here.
I have weird satisfaction watching only AI race, for example 32 cars in 36hours race (in 4x time speed).

Unfortunately, due to AI being dummy, they sometimes crash or stuck in gravel trap, or worse - can't escape pit's, and therefore, whole pack is waiting in pits for hours, and race is done.

Is it possible to reset AI car during race? Or host server for AI only race, and reset particular car?

For me it's like watching marble balls race, but in racing sim Wink
Yes, there are three ways to reset AI (fourth way is simply spectate it from the session completely)

1) If that AI-driver has flipped and you want to make sure that AI can reset their car while staying in the race, make sure you have allowed car resetting by command /canreset yes. Do this before AI will turn off their engine.

2) If car resetting is allowed and AI is stuck (but not flipped, meaning it will keep it's engine on), you can use Autocross objects to "throw" that AI out of track, which makes them resetting their car automatically as soon as it's safe to do so.

3) You can always use command /pitlane [AI-driver name] to make that AI-driver return to it's pit start point. That AI will then start from lap 1 again. If you want that AI driver have it's original lap count after returning it to pit lane, use command /setlap [AI-driver name] [lap amount you want that AI to have]
Thanks!

1st option is already enabled, but when AI isn't flipped, they will not recover
2nd option have flaw, as it disables option to save replay after changing layout
3rd option is brilliant! Now i can revert car to pit, and set lap number that he had before recover!

Thank you!

Btw, is not so easy to find informations about /setlap in google, is there one place where all commands for lfs are located?
Quote from PerShing16 :Thanks!

1st option is already enabled, but when AI isn't flipped, they will not recover
2nd option have flaw, as it disables option to save replay after changing layout
3rd option is brilliant! Now i can revert car to pit, and set lap number that he had before recover!

Thank you!

Btw, is not so easy to find informations about /setlap in google, is there one place where all commands for lfs are located?

You can use the second option in multiplayer as you were talking about possibility of hosting server for AI only race. If you change layout in multiplayer, you can still save replays.

You can find commands here: https://www.lfs.net/host.htm

And by the way, there is a fourth way to reset AI driver which is useful in a situation, where it has wrong setup/car/etc. Spectate that AI-driver with command /spec [AI-driver name] and after selecting car, setup, skin etc. in garage, type command /ai or /ai [AI-driver name]. If you use that command with parameter, just make sure to include those colors used in that AI-driver's name (so if your AI-driver name is in white, you need to type that parameter for that command in white color)

If you don't specify AI-driver name in that command, LFS will add next AI driver found from your AI-driver list in game options.

EDIT: You can also find list of commands in your [LFS installation folder]\docs\Commands.txt

AI race - resetting cars
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG