The online racing simulator
'Button release' lag G25 [SOLVED]
Hello.
Last month I posted some problems with 'look left', 'look right' functions, that were bind to my G25 console buttons.
It's something opposite to input lag. It's ok when you press button, but when you release it, it lags. It makes racing nearly impossible when you go side-by side and need to watch your sides. It happens with all of my buttons on wheel, same with H shifter, if I shift too fast, i can not shift up/down untill previous gear "button" releases, that leads me to misshift very often. Also it ruins the drift, since the e-brake interval increases unexpectedly.

I didn't find any solution on forums, related to problem I had, so.. I've installed new OS. Clean 64Bit Win10. Fresh G25 driver (lgs510_x64.exe from official Logitech's website). The problem remains. And it is STILL not occurs on previous LFS versions to me (0.6U and lower), so it is NOT a hardware or a driver problem.

It is easy to test: Run LFS and bind HORN function to any G25/G27 button and compare how fast and how short can you beep repeatedly on keybord and on a wheel. And you'll see there's no such delay on keyboard. I'm pretty much sure I'm not alone with this bug.

This stuff is really annoying. Waiting for some help. Thanx in advance.
Using G27 with LGS 5.10 on Windows 11. LFS 0.7A. No issues with input latency.
#3 - Gunn
I'm using a G25 on W10 64-bit and don't have this issue. I'm using the two buttons on the wheel for the look functions.

What kind of USB port are you plugged in to? I recall the G25 having certain issues on a USB3 port, which could be resolved by using a USB2 port.

I have had some button issues when a cable was not securely plugged in (usually shifter issues) though that is probably not your problem here.

Off topic, but I'd like the ability to look behind by using both wheel buttons together as the G25 is sadly lacking in on-wheel options.
#4 - gu3st
Quote from Gunn :I'm using a G25 on W10 64-bit and don't have this issue. I'm using the two buttons on the wheel for the look functions.

What kind of USB port are you plugged in to? I recall the G25 having certain issues on a USB3 port, which could be resolved by using a USB2 port.

I have had some button issues when a cable was not securely plugged in (usually shifter issues) though that is probably not your problem here.

Off topic, but I'd like the ability to look behind by using both wheel buttons together as the G25 is sadly lacking in on-wheel options.

Doesn't LFS already do that for looking behind? It might not work if you only have 45° look, but I'm 99% sure that both used to look behind.
Quote from gu3st :Doesn't LFS already do that for looking behind? It might not work if you only have 45° look, but I'm 99% sure that both used to look behind.

Confirm - pressing both look buttons causes you to look back
#6 - Gunn
Quote from gu3st :Doesn't LFS already do that for looking behind? It might not work if you only have 45° look, but I'm 99% sure that both used to look behind.

It used to for me but doesn't any more. It's the same on b oth my G25's so maybe it is a setting.
Pressing both doubles it, so if you have One button look set to 45 degrees, pressing both will 90 degree look instead. So it looks behind only when set to 90 degrees.
#8 - Gunn
Thanks, I'll check it out. I suppose it's so long since I had a car behind me on track, usually lapping alone for these past few years.
Thank you guys for great discussion, but did anyone really checked this problem on their controllers with my method?
#10 - Gunn
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Thank you guys for great discussion, but did anyone really checked this problem on their controllers with my method?

I don't have lag when I release a button on my G25.

As for shifting problems, apart from any button lag issues there is also a debounce setting which causes a mis-shift if you shift too fast. There is a setting (Shift Debounce) in the cfg.txt file which you can adjust to better suit your style, IIRC. That may be causing your shift problem too, but it may be your button lag issue instead.

Apart from the advice I posted above about using a USB2 port and ensuring your cables are connecting firmly I don't know how to be of further help. Hope you get it sorted, and please continue to update this topic if anything changes so we might all learn from your issues.
Hello. Finally found some time to make THIS:

Don't tell me this is hardware or driver problem!!!! This video proves it IS NOT!

This stuff makes me mad while racing: makes me crash into people because of side view bug and makes me loose races because of misshifting.
** Best answer **
Your button debounce value is way too high. If you set it to 200ms, that means that during that interval you are not gonna be able to press the same button twice, or any other. Why it is different in 0.6U than in 0.7A I do not know.
Quote from rane_nbg :Your button debounce value is way too high. If you set it to 200ms, that means that during that interval you are not gonna be able to press the same button twice, or any other. Why it is different in 0.6U than in 0.7A I do not know.

What gear shift debounce has to do with e-brake and sideview?! FFS!!!
Oh Come on! I can not believe it worked out. It says "Gearshift debounce" not a "Button debounce", so i had no idea it will work. It was left
"200" since my mouse steer days (i used ms wheel as shifter).

Thank you rane_nbg so much, i would not look this way if you did not mention this function as "button debounce".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG