The online racing simulator
I'm having a bit of a moment with the LFS Editor. I want to create a skin texture, but I get the error

"It doesn't matter what image is on the selected skin"

I just want to generate some templates for people who make skins. I've already set up the mappings. Not sure what I'm missing
"The total png texture area is 5.0 megapixels but the limit is 5.0 megapixels"
"The mod is not ready for upload"

Wussis mean.. error does not make sense
Quote from tommer :I'm having a bit of a moment with the LFS Editor. I want to create a skin texture, but I get the error

"It doesn't matter what image is on the selected skin"

Thanks, that error is really a small bug. It should say:
"A skin texture must be selected - It doesn't matter what image is on the selected skin"

To stop that error coming up, you should right-click where it says "no skin specified" and open any skin file (It doesn't matter what image is on the selected skin).

Quote from tommer :"The total png texture area is 5.0 megapixels but the limit is 5.0 megapixels"
"The mod is not ready for upload"

Wussis mean.. error does not make sense

Interesting. The total png texture area must be something just above 5.0 - maybe 5.01 megapixels, so it has been rounded down to 5.0, and you how it is, we programmers sometimes don't think of every possible outcome, so that's why you see this slightly strange message produced by the code that was written in the last couple of days before a deadline.
I can't tell if I published my mod or not

The ID is 2A3638, when I click Publish I just get taken to a white page.. the mod shows up under 'Saved' rather than Pending Review
The mod does not appear to be awaiting review.

I don't know how common such "white page" bugs are when submitting a mod. Does it happen again if you try to click publish again with the same mod? If it's a reproducible case then that might help Victor to track down the bug.
I tried again in Edge, which gave me HTTP 500 error
(I was clicking publish on the saved mod, tried in Firefox/Edge)
Thanks, I'll pass on the message to Victor. I would guess he'll take a look on Monday.
That problem has been fixed.
I have this issue where i cant load s_clock:

I does not say Cant load - file not found it just appeares black.
I can load other special textures:

And loading one of the stock LFS cars the texture is there but not when I create a new car.

Idk if Im missing something obvious or not, I would be really thankful for some help!
Attached images
Skärmklipp84.PNG
Skärmklipp82.PNG
Skärmklipp83.PNG
I think you need to set it in the "Textures" section of the vehicle editor to match.
Quote from Scawen :I think you need to set it in the "Textures" section of the vehicle editor to match.

Omg lol, Thanks! it worked
-
(r3zp3k7) DELETED by r3zp3k7 : Solved. Easy fix. Sorry for interrupting.
hello,
how to retrieve a sound of an engine in a Mod ?
i have a version with the correct sound but i do not succeed to identify it. we are blind in the engine window about wave & eng name

found it (see 2 messages below)
When you download a mod from the lfs server there is a copy inside your lfs/mods folder... In your case this is is TOMMY~~004 Wink
the engine waves does not appear separately.

ok, i found it in "transmission/audio" and the wave name is clearly appearring Wink
What is the correct method to limit the suspension stroke? I can limit how much the car goes down, but I can't limit how much it goes up, in some mods the suspension ends up "breaking" if I lift too much.
Quote from Scawen :

Interesting. The total png texture area must be something just above 5.0 - maybe 5.01 megapixels, so it has been rounded down to 5.0, and you how it is, we programmers sometimes don't think of every possible outcome, so that's why you see this slightly strange message produced by the code that was written in the last couple of days before a deadline.

I now gave that error and had never given it to me before.
I haven't changed anything other than just adding an antenna to the car 😂

And the message is the same " The total png texture area is 5.0 megapixels but the limit is 5.0 megapixels "

What do I have to do?
Quote from henricat2006 :What is the correct method to limit the suspension stroke? I can limit how much the car goes down, but I can't limit how much it goes up, in some mods the suspension ends up "breaking" if I lift too much.

That is "Lowest wheel height" in the Suspension tab (at the bottom, part of the setup). It also corresponds with the point where there the springs are fully extended, there is no spring preload at maximum extension.

Quote from joaopaulopt :And the message is the same " The total png texture area is 5.0 megapixels but the limit is 5.0 megapixels "

What do I have to do?

You have to reduce the total area of the textures used in the mod.
Quote from Scawen :That is "Lowest wheel height" in the Suspension tab (at the bottom, part of the setup). It also corresponds with the point where there the springs are fully extended, there is no spring preload at maximum extension.

I fixed my front suspension "breaking" problems, I needed to create another default setup with more spring load and a lower height.

Now when I create new setups in the game, it doesn't allow the suspension to go up so much that it breaks, my problem was the height in the default setup, I was leaving the spring long, but with little load.
Quote from Scawen : You have to reduce the total area of the textures used in the mod.

strange 😯 because I didn't change the textures, the textures that are in the mod that I changed are still the same.

But I'll try to see what's going on there 😊 Thanks Scawen 😁
Scawen, I've already figured out what the problem is that's giving me a mistake.
I was looking for part by part point by point in the car 😅😂 and found out what problem was with the Antenna I am using.

I took advantage of the XRR antenna and applied it to XRT and it seems to be giving this error, is there any way that I can use XRR antenna in XRT without giving this error?
is there any texture to something like her?

As I'm recreating a rally car in XRT I wanted all details and with the most original style possible and I've been using XRR parts in XRT and also tinkering with 3D (even without experience but I love it 😍😍 )
Well, do you you know about the texture pages and texture cutouts? The solution will be to edit the antenna texture cutout / texture page that refers to a texture from the XRR and make sure it only refers to a texture page that is already used by the XRT.
When I create a Trailing arm, it disappears in the car view, how can I fix it, or is it a bug?
I can't know without more info. But it may be that you have used a central object. If x==0 then it requires a central wheel - like a bike. For a car, the trailing arm object must have x != 0. By the way, if I say 'x' it may be 'r' (right) in the editor.

For a car, trailing arm object centre must be offset from the centre of the vehicle, and must be a reasonable distance in front of the wheel centre.

I assume you have added the lower pivot point? It can be seen in the bike video. Lower pivot must be added in the vehicle editor so the object can rotate around it.
Found a small bug with tire sizes.

Easy fix: set to yes and then to no, then change any value on the tire size and it updates all the values.
Attached images
LFS Editor 13_01_2022 16_09_36.png

Mods Technical Assistance
(391 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG