The online racing simulator
Lag - Why Lag !?!
(9 posts, started )
Lag - Why Lag !?!
Hi All,

after found my Desktop burn yesterday,
i have'd think to use my laptop for play LFS but some problems appears ...
When i try to play in multiplayer i have great lag,
I won't specify my laptop use the same wireless net using my desktop,
and also are better then this:

Pentium Centrino 1.6, radeon 9700 128 mb, 512 mb ram.

I try to play alone with IA player but the problem don't appear.
I suppose it's not graphical problem.
Someone can suggest me some test/way to resolve this problem?

Logomaco.
What kind of LAG is is exactly?A network lag or a graphical lag?
Maybe your internet just work worse today then any other day
Quote from Logomaco :Hi All,

after found my Desktop burn yesterday,
i have'd think to use my laptop for play LFS but some problems appears ...
When i try to play in multiplayer i have great lag,
I won't specify my laptop use the same wireless net using my desktop,
and also are better then this:

Pentium Centrino 1.6, radeon 9700 128 mb, 512 mb ram.

I try to play alone with IA player but the problem don't appear.
I suppose it's not graphical problem.
Someone can suggest me some test/way to resolve this problem?

Logomaco.

Not sure of this helps buts sounds like what my pc does when running lfs, trying running windows media player in the background only a suggestion
#4 - CSU1
Quote from rc10racer :Not sure of this helps buts sounds like what my pc does when running lfs, trying running windows media player in the background only a suggestion

I'm not trying to be smart rc10racer, but why would Windows Media Player running in backgrounf help???
It seems @ 1.6ghz is not really enough to be running apps in background.
Whether it makes a difference or not I close any apps/windoze services I don't need.Also some laptops have different power managment software ie. cpu power levels for different envoirments etc...
hope it helps logomaco
AFAIK Windows Media Player was reported to sometimes fix lag problems in a weird way. Anyway, I bet it has something to do with the wireless connection. Maybe you did something prior on your desktop PC to fix wireless induced lag issues? Maybe the wireless lan adapter isn't that great on the laptop?
#6 - CSU1
Really! As I said wasn't tryin to be smart just didn't know.
Strange one that!
Quote from CSU1 :I'm not trying to be smart rc10racer, but why would Windows Media Player running in backgrounf help???
It seems @ 1.6ghz is not really enough to be running apps in background.
Whether it makes a difference or not I close any apps/windoze services I don't need.Also some laptops have different power managment software ie. cpu power levels for different envoirments etc...
hope it helps logomaco

Hi mate!

I would say Ur Hardware is strong enough for playing LFS online,maybe something is wrong with Ur WLAN-Connection. I've heard that there are some other guys who had problems while playing online with a WLAN!

Greetings BlasteR
a 1.6 GHz Centrino is roughly equivalent to a 2.4 GHz Pentium. The graphics adapter should be good enough to play LFS too. The network environment seems to be the issue here.
First, check ping times of the servers, and join a server with low (<100 ms) ping time. Does that help?
Is anyone else using (that means, also leeching) your wireless connection? Are there any background apps or file sharing apps that affect the speed and reliability of the connection? Does a better laptop position (closer to the wireless router/appliance) help? For instance, do you use your laptop in the same room in which you had your desktop? Does connecting to a server with a low number of players help?
PM me (Italian or English) to see if I can help, but I could do better when some tests have been done because the issue, at the moment, is a bit too vague.
#9 - garph
I used to get annoying wireless lag when it would re-check the connection, this caused me to lag every so often, seemed regular which is what pointed me to the wireless being the cause.

I WAS using windows to manage my wireless connection as it seemed the easiest thing to do at the time, but then I tried the software that came with my wireless card to manage the connection and that sorted the problem out completely.

You should also check if anything updates automatically, like windows or firefox and anit-virus software, etc, etc.

Lag - Why Lag !?!
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG