The online racing simulator
Quote from Dmitry :Please tell me how to make a cross-section of the pipe. Ellipse

The suspension tubes appear elliptical if the race class is "Formula" or "F1". It's one of those things that probably should be an independent setting, but currently is not. I think it was just the quickest way to code that when we first added a formula car.

I think the better solution might be to allow suspension subobjects instead of simply allowing round/elliptical as a setting.
Quote from Scawen :The suspension tubes appear elliptical if the race class is "Formula" or "F1". It's one of those things that probably should be an independent setting, but currently is not. I think it was just the quickest way to code that when we first added a formula car.

Thanks for the answer!

Quote from Scawen :I think the better solution might be to allow suspension subobjects instead of simply allowing round/elliptical as a setting.

Can I do this now in the editor?
Quote from Dmitry :Can I do this now in the editor?

No, that feature is not available yet.

I hope it won't be too difficult for the upper and lower wishbone as it should work quite like the trailing arm suspension. The object that provides the spring and damper force might be more difficult though. In formula cars it's really a rod that moves inward (as the spring and damper are hidden under the bodywork) but on cars like the LX it should really be a compressible spring and damper object that is not so easy to code. It'll require some experimentation as I'm not sure how bad it will look if the whole object is made to stretch and compress, which isn't quite how it works in real life, and I'm not sure what issues might come up when I try that.
Quote from Scawen :No, that feature is not available yet.

I hope it won't be too difficult for the upper and lower wishbone as it should work quite like the trailing arm suspension. The object that provides the spring and damper force might be more difficult though. In formula cars it's really a rod that moves inward (as the spring and damper are hidden under the bodywork) but on cars like the LX it should really be a compressible spring and damper object that is not so easy to code. It'll require some experimentation as I'm not sure how bad it will look if the whole object is made to stretch and compress, which isn't quite how it works in real life, and I'm not sure what issues might come up when I try that.

Thanks! Good luck with your experiments!
Thanks again, you are great!
-
(henricat2006) DELETED by Scawen : not a bug in the end - no problem :)
-
(henricat2006) DELETED by Scawen : not a bug in the end - no problem :)
Quote from Scawen :Are you saying the installer itself says something about not working on a 32-bit operating system?

Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Thank you. Mine says ”not a 32bit...." when i install. Thats why I'm asking. I guess that damn WinXP is corrupt.

∆∆∆Excuse me, my fault, i was typing it wile was away from PC. It says: LFS_EDITOR is not a Win32 app, when i RUN INSTALLED app, i just checked it out.
Quote from Scawen :still built as a 32-bit program but cannot run on Windows XP as it uses Direct3D 11 which is only supported on Windows Vista (with a platform update) or later. I haven't heard anything about it working on Vista. I would recommend Windows 7.

Thank you for info. I remember you told us you gonna transfer LFS to DX11, I didn't expect it happen that early.
I see, i'm limited by my GPU anyway.
As far as I know only LFS Editor is DX11. LFS is not at this moment, but will be in the future (well, the developer version is).
Quote from zevo :I see this message MOD: Could not save file. Also I cant see any car that have new mods.

Can anyone else remember seeing this message "MOD : Could not save file" and if so, do you know how to resolve it?

Looking in the code, this should mean that the file was downloaded but could not be saved to the hard drive. To me it seems quite strange, as if maybe LFS is not installed in a good location, or if there is a file "mod_temp.7z" in the LFS folder that is set to read only, or if some other program has mod_temp.7z open.

Does the same thing happen if you try to select a mod in the mods screen, in single player?

And to to check I need to ask if you restarted the computer. I know it seems obvious but sometimes people never restart the computer these days. That can resolve issues such as the operating system thinking that a file has been opened by another program that is no longer running.
If think they should also check hdd free space... If full it would do something like that...
Quote from loopingz :If think they should also check hdd free space... If full it would do something like that...

Windows generally doesn't really work properly if system drive doesn't have enough free space.😁
What is the difference between sequential gearbox with ignition cut and paddle shift?
Also, what does TC uses Ignition do?
1. I tried to put XFR into XFG and now I have this error.
2. How to remove texture from black trim and make it paintable?
Attached images
lfs_00000068.jpg
Quote from versiu :1. I tried to put XFR into XFG and now I have this error.
2. How to remove texture from black trim and make it paintable?

Hi, the error / warning message is to do with Level of Detail meshes.

I think you are lacking too much knowledge, to start giving you specific advice.

Please read up and watch videos:

Videos by me: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
Videos by Jake_Blasted: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/96545
LFS Manual mods section: https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Vehicle_Mods
Quote from Scawen :Hi, the error / warning message is to do with Level of Detail meshes.

Ok, now I understand. So basically I linked two full meshes even if I deleted some triangles from both. Thanks!
I want to edit an existing mod that says derivatives are allowed. I copied the veh file to /data/veh and the dds files to /data/dds, but LFS Editor says 'Could not read texture XXXXX - File not found' ... Car loads but missing its textures, Something I'm doing wrong? Where do DDS files go?
Quote from tommer :I want to edit an existing mod that says derivatives are allowed. I copied the veh file to /data/veh and the dds files to /data/dds, but LFS Editor says 'Could not read texture XXXXX - File not found' ... Car loads but missing its textures, Something I'm doing wrong? Where do DDS files go?

Try checking compressed textures on inside the editor options
Quote from nikopdr :Try checking compressed textures on inside the editor options

That's the ticket. Ty Smile
Hmm, trouble in paradise still. I made my edits, but now it complains PNG textures missing. Suppose those are the 'uncompressed' textures, only trouble is I don't think they come with the mod when I downloaded it... can't get the model out of the editor to test in LFS Frown

Edit: I managed to use an online converter to convert the DDS files to PNG and put them in data/png folder... checked the names, but the error persists >.<
Hello everyone, it seems to me that the system for creating engine harasteristics is an extremely difficult quest, sometimes it takes an hour for the harasteristics to coincide with a real car, but sometimes it is not even close to getting the desired results.
Why not just make an indication of the power and torque at the right rpm? it would greatly simplify everything, but for those who like complexity - leave the old setting.
I have an engine with a of 1220cc, which has 35 hp at 4200 rpm and 69 torque at 2400 rpm, at the moment I cannot set such characteristics, because the power is always higher ..
Quote from tommer :I want to edit an existing mod that says derivatives are allowed. I copied the veh file to /data/veh and the dds files to /data/dds, but LFS Editor says 'Could not read texture XXXXX - File not found' ... Car loads but missing its textures, Something I'm doing wrong? Where do DDS files go?

If derivatives are allowed, you should be able to download the original upload .7z file from the mod's web page. In there, you should find the png files. You should not be installing dds into the editor. The DDS files use a lossy image format designed to be super fast and memory efficient on graphics cards. They are only for game-ready models, not for working with.

Please confirm if this is the case. If the original .7z is not available for download for a mod that allows derivatives, then that is really a website bug or oversight that must have come up when some things were changed.
Quote from Scawen :If derivatives are allowed, you should be able to download the original upload .7z file from the mod's web page. In there, you should find the png files. You should not be installing dds into the editor. The DDS files use a lossy image format designed to be super fast and memory efficient on graphics cards. They are only for game-ready models, not for working with.

Please confirm if this is the case. If the original .7z is not available for download for a mod that allows derivatives, then that is really a website bug or oversight that must have come up when some things were changed.

Yes spotted that, got it working now Smile
Great! Thanks for the info. Smile
Quote from Vladimir_nose :Hello everyone, it seems to me that the system for creating engine harasteristics is an extremely difficult quest

I agree the engine editor is far from ideal. It was something I wanted to improve before the public release but we decided we had to work to some deadlines. It's amazing how in those final weeks, when working very hard, every time I do four things that are on a list, at least three new ones will appear while I'm doing them. I don't know when the engine editor or engine system will be improved, but I do know it needs to be improved.
Quote from Vladimir_nose :Hello everyone, it seems to me that the system for creating engine harasteristics is an extremely difficult quest, sometimes it takes an hour for the harasteristics to coincide with a real car, but sometimes it is not even close to getting the desired results.
Why not just make an indication of the power and torque at the right rpm? it would greatly simplify everything, but for those who like complexity - leave the old setting.
I have an engine with a of 1220cc, which has 35 hp at 4200 rpm and 69 torque at 2400 rpm, at the moment I cannot set such characteristics, because the power is always higher ..

I’m not sure if this helps but if you max the resistance setting it often bleeds off peak horsepower.

Mods Technical Assistance
(391 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG