The online racing simulator
Quote from Gutholz :The workaround with copying the files into LFS-edtior has another problem:
It can not reload/refresh skin files.

There is a "reload textures" button down at the bottom right. I think you have missed that, because that should definitely reload an updated skin, along with any other updated textures.

I know it's not ideal. My current plan is to add a viewer mode in the LFS garage which would be a lot like the CMX Viewer and you could look around any mod you have installed in there.

It's really important to do as soon as possible but we have had to go for this release without further delay.
Oooh .. I am turning mad about this autoskin Looking
Ok, it was easy to find the grey buttons in page mode, but i doesn’t succeed to find the steps before !

I try to create new page ...
rename it with the “id_default” name ..
set as “skin” ..
try to draw a new map in 2d views..
have a message “… copying in clipboard” at a moment, so go to photoshop to paste ..Looking

nothing works ! I just obtain a white 2048 square !! Face -> palm
I also trying to select triangles but it deselect when return in “page mode”

I also try to analyse how LFS cars are made, but the texture skin already exist ..Confused

please, help me with a step by step from the beginning
really step by step please Wink
Quote from Tomfuel :Oooh .. I am turning mad about this autoskin Looking
Ok, it was easy to find the grey buttons in page mode, but i doesn’t succeed to find the steps before !

I try to create new page ...
rename it with the “id_default” name ..
set as “skin” ..
try to draw a new map in 2d views..
have a message “… copying in clipboard” at a moment, so go to photoshop to paste ..Looking

nothing works ! I just obtain a white 2048 square !! Face -> palm
I also trying to select triangles but it deselect when return in “page mode”

I also try to analyse how LFS cars are made, but the texture skin already exist ..Confused

please, help me with a step by step from the beginning
really step by step please Wink

This video tutorial could help you with assigning textures to triangles:

thanks to answer but i saw this one, i build my car with these videos..

no problem with that, i assign correctly textures, my chromes to triangles, no problems !
this video show how to assign a png texture to differents parts of the car.
but in this case YOU ALREADY have a png texture ! ^^

i haven"t PNG texture yet : the AUTOSKIN is here to create one ! the shadows template!

so step 1 :
mode page
1- create/add new page
2- must i rename this page with "idmod_default" ??? or is this automatic elsewhere ?
3- set this texture as "skin"
4- ???
oh cool, apparently, this document was recently updated with infos
i will try with this guide ! Smile thanks Flame
Quote from Gunn :Here is the video. The software is called 'Photoshop Extended'

Here is the LFS Forum thread related to this method:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/93915

That is so cool! How did they make it into a 3D model like that?

Sorry for the off-topic post.

Great work Scawen. Your continued work is always appreciated here.

Would it be possible to have it export an arbitrarily large texture file? Could we ask the program to export a 5120x5120 document if we wanted to? I usually master something at 10x it's intended size and then bring it back down for the release version.
#58 - Gunn
Quote from Scawen :My current plan is to add a viewer mode in the LFS garage which would be a lot like the CMX Viewer and you could look around any mod you have installed in there.

I know you have been considering adding a viewer mode in the garage, but I was thinking that without the outdoor lighting this may be a bit limiting in regards to seeing what your skin will really look like on track.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG