The online racing simulator
Seamonkey (Mozilla) is better than firefox
(13 posts, started )
I am using it right now, what an improvement over firefox! It is faster, and I can write email and documents from it! All of the firefox 1.5.x and 2.x extensions work with mozilla, because they are based off of it! Its slightly faster too for some reason, I think.
firefox is mozilla.
Quote from faster111 :Myth - "Firefox and Mozilla are the same thing" -

From that it sounds like you've not actually read the comments below.

To give a more technical explanation, Firefox forked from the Mozilla Suite and then slimmed down having had some "real" goals. Ironic that the Mozilla suite appears to be heading in that direction now. In short, they are no longer the same.
#6 - joen
Mozilla makes Firefox
Mozilla makes Gecko, the rendering engine which is used by Firefox and Seamonkey.

Mozilla used to make Seamonkey (then simply called Mozilla), but after Firefox and Thunderbird were derived from it, they handed development of Seamonkey over to a third party group of devs.
Quote from faster111 :Myth - "Firefox and Mozilla are the same thing" -

You do know that a myth isn't a truthful fact. You said they are the same, you just quoted the line which says otherwise. Learn to read, it'll help you a lot.
Don't listen to faster111, clearly his fingers are faster than his brain.

I'm interested to hear from people who've used both Seamonkey and Firefox. Right now I switch between Opera and Firefox. I like the sounds of some of Seamonkey's features so if anyone else has used both, how about a list of pros and cons? The more the merrier. Cheers :up:
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm not installing anything call Seamonkey. I felt stupid enough installing Phoenix/Firebird/Firefox.

LOL how true. You forgot Thunderbird, Pegasus and eDonkey.
Quote from BurnOut69 :LOL how true. You forgot Thunderbird, Pegasus and eDonkey.

And Lynx, but then who uses eDonkey for web surfing

I use Firefox except on a couple of sites that don't work properly with it. For those, IE. Know nothing about Seamonkey, but when Forestwhale is released I'll be the first in the line..
Well my client has a browser, though I wasnt referring to that but animal-named web related programs
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I use Firefox except on a couple of sites that don't work properly with it. For those, IE.

Going a bit offtopic, but there is extension called IE Tab. It basically opens pages in Firefox using the IE's rendering engine.
I'll have a look, thanks.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG