The online racing simulator
Wow, excellent mod. Very fun to drive, I need to race online at 20 in SO sprint juju.
Please add road tires for gravel zonal & RX ;-)
Quote from PeterN :Very minor glitch, can see through the car where it's highlighted.

Tnx for spoting this Peter! Is now fixed!

Quote from Flame CZE :Shame it only has open diff, it has no traction when turning right Frown

As Rodriguiño said, the original car is open diff. Once you get used to it, being fast depends on avoiding the diff slip! can be really fun atleast imho.

Quote from gtamax89 :Wow, excellent mod. Very fun to drive, I need to race online at 20 in SO sprint juju.
Please add road tires for gravel zonal & RX ;-)

Thats a good idea! could be done in future updates.

Another fix that we made is glass tint, is now more close to original LFS cars... missed that in first upload.

Rodriguiño has ben messing with ia. Another thing to keep learning

Attached images
ia.jpg
fix2.jpg
fix1.jpg
Wow. I thought i was crazy investing my time in too much detailization, but since that mod patch released i feel that competition gone tough. Very fine model. I'd like to take part in some race event with this.
I love it, open diff is perfect, i learn to drive again Wink
fangio86, I see you use LFS's seat. I have a texture for it, sadly i could not find PSD file to make it easier to re-badge for official release. Here's a screen. Let me know if you like to use it, then I'll try to retrieve it from dead HDD. For now i can share it as is (dds).
Attached images
LFS 2021-12-09 15-38-45-65.jpg
tnx alot mate! since i have only one seat on my mod, i would not be that important to have such nice texture! anyway tnx for your help! srsly!
Some updates has been made, we might upload them soon.

Things we been working on are:
-New Skins
-Fix windows tint
-Improved materials in some objects
-New Steering wheel made from scratch
-Base setup fixes

Leave a pic of the new steering wheel and attach other improvements screens too.

Hope you like them!
Attached images
volante1.jpg
8.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
Really fun car to drive. Thanks for the mod!
Great mod but please allow us to use other differentials Frown(
Made few laps today at FernBay. Really fun to drive with it's power/weight ratio and layout!!! About diff, we have to live with that if it's not allowed by this class (is it?), it adds some spice anyway.
I'd like to see you finish the engine model/texture and add some realism to rims (I never liked these LFS S1 style rims). Oh, and the aninmtion..

I'd like to see this class events sometime!!!
Awesome mod!
Quote from farcar :Really fun car to drive. Thanks for the mod!

Tnx alot! glad you like it

Quote from KevinRacer :Great mod but please allow us to use other differentials Frown(

it has been requested before, we did the physics testing with FFB wheel and we loved how it behaves, but after your comments we understood that with other controllers could be very tricky to enjoy that way.

We are going to allow other differentials in next update wich is in work already. Tnx for your feedback guys!

Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :Made few laps today at FernBay. Really fun to drive with it's power/weight ratio and layout!!! About diff, we have to live with that if it's not allowed by this class (is it?), it adds some spice anyway.
I'd like to see you finish the engine model/texture and add some realism to rims (I never liked these LFS S1 style rims). Oh, and the aninmtion..

I'd like to see this class events sometime!!!

Tnx Snoop! irl these cars have open diff only but we can improve the real life experience i guess! Big grin
About the rims we might change it, i have them already modeled in 3D but didnt tried to put them in LFS yet so i dont really know how it works. Once i finish current 3D improvements i ll look at them!

And yes! if someone make an event i would love to be part!!

Quote from RE Amemiya :Awesome mod!

Glad you like it! tnx for your feedback.
Some progress on the 3D model itself has been made. Wish i could spend more time on it but i can barely spend an hour each day. Anyway we are moving forward

Additions:
-Windows names
-1 body option (skinned rear windows like real car class often do)
-1 extra skin

Improvements:
-Differential setups allowed
-Body fixes
-Base skin clean up

Leave an screen that show most of them:

Not uploaded yet, im trying to add few more things.
Quote from fangio86 :We are going to allow other differentials in next update wich is in work already.

Personally I would prefer to keep the open differential.
First, because the mod is based on real series so it would be cool to keep it as real as possible.
With other (better) option nobody will use the open differntial and experience the car as it is "meant to be." (If I may say so, afterall it is your mod, I hope it is clear what I try to say.)

Second, the character of a car is also built by its limits and flaws.
If a a car allows every option and everything can be adjusted, then it becomes faster and "better" but it also loses character.
Actually I think LFS in general allows a bit too much freedome here, seeing how detailed the setups can be adjusted even for low-budget cars. On one hand it is interessting to squeeze out every last miliseconde by finetuning the gearbox, suspension etc but on the other hand it is not something a real-life XFG driver would have the money to do. Instead it might be a choice between a handful of final drive ratios and if does not 100.000% fit the track: Well, bad luck. Wink
It is also a nice challenge having to deal with such limitations.
Quote from Gutholz :Personally I would prefer to keep the open differential.
First, because the mod is based on real series so it would be cool to keep it as real as possible.
With other (better) option nobody will use the open differntial and experience the car as it is "meant to be." (If I may say so, afterall it is your mod, I hope it is clear what I try to say.)

I have exactly the same criteria as you about the open diff, based on the fact that the mod is inspired by a real serie.

I think that the problem, not always, but perhaps most of the time, is found by people who are still running lfs with keyboard or mouse and that is something that takes a lot away from the experience and also makes those who mode using those controls not feel certain wrong settings in their mods, like the caster, just to name one.

thanks for this great contribution.
tiny bug: If you look backwards then the small pieces holding the brakelights are invisible. (lights float in air)
Esta tremendo segui asi que la rompe
Quote from Gutholz :Personally I would prefer to keep the open differential.

Second, the character of a car is also built by its limits and flaws.
If a a car allows every option and everything can be adjusted, then it becomes faster and "better" but it also loses character.
Actually I think LFS in general allows a bit too much freedome here, seeing how detailed the setups can be adjusted even for low-budget cars. On one hand it is interessting to squeeze out every last miliseconde by finetuning the gearbox, suspension etc but on the other hand it is not something a real-life XFG driver would have the money to do. Instead it might be a choice between a handful of final drive ratios and if does not 100.000% fit the track: Well, bad luck. Wink
It is also a nice challenge having to deal with such limitations.

Glad to read that bud! really preciate your point of view. Obviusly we still think is the best way, use open diff only, since this is the way the mod first came out but. But as said above, since many ppl dont use ffb steering wheel we understood that can be bit too difficult to enjoy with other type of controls. Atm we think that being able to use open diff still an option this way, so is bit more suitable to everyone.

Quote from Rodriguiño :I have exactly the same criteria as you about the open diff, based on the fact that the mod is inspired by a real serie.

I think that the problem, not always, but perhaps most of the time, is found by people who are still running lfs with keyboard or mouse and that is something that takes a lot away from the experience and also makes those who mode using those controls not feel certain wrong settings in their mods, like the caster, just to name one.

thanks for this great contribution.

I couldnt be more agree.

Quote from Gutholz :tiny bug: If you look backwards then the small pieces holding the brakelights are invisible. (lights float in air)

tnx mate, forgot to fix that! added to the fix list!

Quote from ian.b :Esta tremendo segui asi que la rompe

Gracias papá! si organizan una carrera avisen que me encantaría participar. Saludos!
DL link?
I just did a test with Kid222 and it is a fun car to drive and looks good Smile Just a few points that could be improved:

The default setup has R3 tyres which are quite hard to heat up, and even with low-pressure R2's, the fronts stay quite cold, not sure if that can be fixed. The steering ratio is also quite low for my taste (about 7.7:1), but maybe that's how it is in the real car too.

Regarding the model, the driver's right leg is going through the shifter, but besides that good job!
Attached images
lfs_00001207.jpg

Here are two skins I made for this car. You are free to include them with the mod, if you want.
First one is based on the logo of Löve (love2d.org), I thought it could make for interesting skin.
The "Hot Stuff" skin is a basic gradient with few extras.
I left the protection bars and cage in light colors, so it is still possible to adjust their color in LFS.

The flame graphic is from wikimedia by Mimooh:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flames_by_mimooh.svg
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

The source .svg files are included, so anyone may make their own variations.
(add your driver name/number, change colors or make something completly new)
Attached images
paints.jpg
Attached files
9A9019_skins_love2d_hotstuff.zip - 2.7 MB - 246 views
The Löve skin is magic!
Tnx bud!!!
About the suspension bug / disappearing wheels issue mentioned here: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1979008#post1979008

Here is my comment from a different mod with the same issue:
Quote from Scawen :About the suspension bug, I agree that LFS shouldn't allow this to happen, but I think it is caused by faulty suspension geometry.

This front double wishbone suspension is taller on the inner points than the outer points, so when the suspension is compressed, it gets more positive camber. It's the opposite of what double wishbone suspension should do. When double wishbone suspension is compressed, camber should become more negative. The effect is to keep the wheel more vertical when the car leans.

To fix this, the upper pivot and lower pivot should have less distance between them, compared with the corresponding points on the object that the wheel is connected to. Please tell me if my explanation doesn't make sense.

I was trying for a short while to find if this car really has such advanced suspension anyway, but can't find an answer so far. I believe Macpherson strut is more common (cheaper / more compact). But that is not to say that this car shouldn't have double wishbone - I just couldn't find it.

Quote from Gutholz :
Here are two skins I made for this car. You are free to include them with the mod, if you want.
First one is based on the logo of Löve (love2d.org), I thought it could make for interesting skin.
The "Hot Stuff" skin is a basic gradient with few extras.
I left the protection bars and cage in light colors, so it is still possible to adjust their color in LFS.

The flame graphic is from wikimedia by Mimooh:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flames_by_mimooh.svg
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.

The source .svg files are included, so anyone may make their own variations.
(add your driver name/number, change colors or make something completly new)

Tnx alot, i love the skins! we ll add atleast one for sure in next update with suspension fixes!

Quote from Scawen :About the suspension bug / disappearing wheels issue mentioned here: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1979008#post1979008

Here is my comment from a different mod with the same issue:

Tnx alot Scawen. We did tweaks following your advice´s and the issue did not came up again so far. We ll test bit more to be sure but is working very good atm.
About real car suspension i ll leave some ref pics in here. We tried to make it closer as we could, and now is even closer since the last tweaks.
Attached images
susp.jpg
susp2.jpg

FORM07 - Little RR racing cars
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG