The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :One of your vertices is more than 1024 metres away from the origin. Suspect scale problem. LFS units are metres.

oh,. I forget to scale down it....
Am I correct that LFS can't do antisquat and antidive? I see the stock LFS cars with "invisible" suspension only have one upper and one lower wishbone anchor point, the Formula cars have two for both, but they are both at the same height and I can't change their height individually.
Attached images
Anti-Dive.gif
Correct!
I am making adapting a model from sketchfab to lfs, and I have found a bug, when I create a handlebar, ingame it disappears upclose
Where is the centre (origin) of the handlebar subobject?
Quote from Scawen :Where is the centre (origin) of the handlebar subobject?

It was in the default spot

But now I moved it to here, closer to the actual steering wheel mesh

Now it is better, but it still needs a little bit of adjustment
It will need to be aligned with the axis of rotation. OK this is not a bug report really. I think your handlebar was being associated with the rear wheel, so it disappeared when the rear wheel was off screen.

It's technical assistance, so I'll move these posts after a while.

I have some advice about bikes:

1) Rear suspension

I recommend the "trailing arm" suspension type for the rear suspension. You create a "trailing arm" object with its object centre at the pivot point for the rear suspension. That must correspond with a "lower pivot" point in the vehicle editor.

2) Front suspension

You can find that the lower fork leg (mudguard or 'brake' object) does not rotate correctly with the upper fork legs (handlebar or steering wheel objects). This is usually the case when your first set up the front suspension. When you steer, the stanchions appear to become separated from the lower fork leg.

To fix this you need to do two things.

1) Adjust the "steering wheel" (handlebar) object so that the rotation point is in the right place (aligned with the top bolt - the centre of the top bolt should have x=0 and y=0).

After the "steering wheel" is in the right place, then back in the vehicle editor:

2) Increase the "Trail Reduction" in the "Steering / Driver" section to match the offset between the stanchions and the steering axis. As you do that, the wheel moves forward. So then you reduce the "Forward" value in "Suspension" section by the same amount to compensate. By trial and error you can end up with the steering axis line going straight through the centre of the bolt, then the steering should work correctly.
Thank you for the advice. I will do this tomorrow and I will contact you if I have any problems.
I am trying to make customizable colors for my motorcycle, but on the main object putting on a mapping called M1_body works, but on a subobject it doesn't, even when it is M2_body
Well, it is hard to look up things, when you don't know exactly which words to search for. Smile
So after some testing I seem to be unable to keep my minimoto from visiting the void when the driver falls over, I have tried to increase the collision lod and well as a small increase to the tire size with no joy. Any answers would help me out, providing some pics as reference.

I am unable really to set a rigid suspension like in the real thing as this is only currently supported by karts and once the driver has his thick rear sat on the vehicle with a lower collision lod there are some scraping issues any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Attached images
LFS_EDITOR_nJzngouHwy.png
LFS_EDITOR_FAU08yOTV6.png
LFS_EDITOR_jeYPljWRrQ.png
LFS_EDITOR_udjdtUk8rl.png
I can't answer for sure but it looks like the collision mesh is far too small. Due to the way the physics system works at the moment, the collision mesh should cover most of the wheels and the driver too. The centre of mass of the whole system (including rider) must be well within the collision mesh.
Quote from Scawen :I can't answer for sure but it looks like the collision mesh is far too small. Due to the way the physics system works at the moment, the collision mesh should cover most of the wheels and the driver too. The centre of mass of the whole system (including rider) must be well within the collision mesh.

Got it, extended the collision up (closer to drivers head) seemed to fix the problem thanks scawen.
Quote from Scawen :I can't answer for sure but it looks like the collision mesh is far too small. Due to the way the physics system works at the moment, the collision mesh should cover most of the wheels and the driver too. The centre of mass of the whole system (including rider) must be well within the collision mesh.

There was no idea to improve the collision model and rely not only on the collision mesh, but also add a system of bones? thereby simulating the toughest parts of the car, for example, the frame / side members, the hood frame, so that the faces rotate exclusively with the bones and the folding of the front end with the deformation of the struts, etc. is simulated, so that the impact can spread throughout the body, and not within some part
Well yes that would be very nice. But that's a really big system, I would put that one in the "several months of work" category! Smile
edit: I figured it out, it is just the editor being dumb, from the bottom angle it looks fine

Chrome somehow broke, I am using the Chrome Basic_ALP, The cutout is set like shown in the picture. When roughness is set to 0.7, it looks perfectly fine from all angles
Attached images
download.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png
Hi. Help me please. Light brakes do not work. What am I doing wrong? Could you tell me about the naming process for materials and items?
Attached images
Скриншот 04-12-2021 090537.jpg
Скриншот 04-12-2021 090716.jpg
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : will think about this a bit more
Have you tried this TEST mode?
Attached images
test_lights.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Have you tried this TEST mode?

I tried. Does not work. (
Attached images
Скриншот 04-12-2021 153644.jpg
Скриншот 04-12-2021 153904.jpg
I don't know. It should work on attachment subobjects. Maybe you could try with some different things, try some other lights, experiment a bit and maybe you'll find what is going wrong. Or you can attach the .veh (in a zip file) and I can see if I can figure it out.
Quote from Scawen :I don't know. It should work on attachment subobjects. Maybe you could try with some different things, try some other lights, experiment a bit and maybe you'll find what is going wrong. Or you can attach the .veh (in a zip file) and I can see if I can figure it out.

I'll try with another subject. If it's not difficult, please see.
I found a way to make it work.

If you look in the Main Object (M) and in "tri" mode you can see an unused mapping "l_brk" that uses texture XR_Interior1

I'm not sure of the reason for this, but when I deleted that unused colour, the ones in the subobject started to work.
Quote from Scawen :I found a way to make it work.

If you look in the Main Object (M) and in "tri" mode you can see an unused mapping "l_brk" that uses texture XR_Interior1

I'm not sure of the reason for this, but when I deleted that unused colour, the ones in the subobject started to work.

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much! YOU SENSEY! GURU CREATOR!
Attached images
Скриншот 04-12-2021 173127.jpg

Mods Technical Assistance
(391 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG