LFS Discord's Rich Presence
(16 posts, started )
NOW SUPPORTS MOD NAMES!

-Pictures
Singleplayer support

Hovering over track to show its name

Hovering over server name will show it's complete one(if it doesn't fit)

Updated mod name support

-Usage
It's a program that shows your playing status on Discord

-Installation
Make sure you edit insim.ini to match your settings. Admin Password can be found when you go to the server host screen(you don't need the password from the server you will join).
After that you can simply type "/insim 29999" in-game/menu and run the program to connect.

If you want the program to start automatically each time LFS starts,
open "LFS Folder/data/scripts/autoexec.lfs" with notepad or any text editor and add these 2 lines
/insim 29999
/exec "C:\YOUR_ROUTE\LFS Discord\LFS Discord.exe"

-Files
insim.ini has everything you want to set it up
If you get any error it will be at the logs folder. Program is really easy to use so there shouldn't be any bugs or problems in the meanwhile. If something goes wrong, take a look at the logs folder and you should figure it out

-Download Link
https://drive.google.com/file/ ... WrFmUky8/view?usp=sharing

This program doesn't require a setup, it is portable and it's free!
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
just what i was looking for, thanks!
Thank you.
Thanks everyone for testing it!

Quote from MandulAA :It's great, I like it, well done! It would be great if we had this integrated into LFS natively, so there's no need for an extra program running. Smile
https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/rich-presence/how-to

That would be nice too, till then i decided to do it myself as we don't know if Scawen is interested in this(and of course when the new update will be released). Until then though, you can open "LFS Folder/data/scripts/autoexec.lfs" and add these 2 lines
/insim 29999
/exec "C:\YOUR_ROUTE\LFS Discord\LFS Discord.exe"

WARNING: You'll have to move insim.ini at your LFS folder/files, as the program will try to find the file through LFS.exe's route instead of LFS Discord's route. Just create a sub folder into your LFS folder called "files" and copy-paste "insim.ini" there Wink

EDIT: Updated version and added "SkipMessages = true" at insim.ini, which skips Connect and Disconnect message. You can use the method above and it will feel like it's built-in into LFS now. Enjoy! Don't forget to copy the new insim.ini at your LFS's/files folder or else the file won't be found by the program.

EDIT2: Fixed a bug that when you were connecting from menu into a server, the UCID and PLID would be wrong so it wouldn't show correct Car and State. Redownload Wink Seems like now it works flowless automatically from startup without touching it.
Oh I didn't really notice that there's an update for your program. Just as I thought the discord app should start silent (without messages), I see you already updated it. It's now working flawlessly, as you say! Thanks for your work! Smile

Now that it starts without any messages, the only thing that I don't like is that need of the "files" folder inside the LFS directory. It makes a mess. Frown Is it possible to somehow code it to check for insim.ini inside its own "LFS Discord" directory (I have no idea how to do that as I have no experience in programming Smile)? If it's not really possible, it would be great to have "files" renamed something like "files_discord" or "discord_files" so it's not that confusing - you know, 'files' can almost relate to everything (LFS itself, Discord extension, other apps).

Thanks for reading my suggestion(s). Also, we "advertised" your program on the LFS Discord, so more players get to know about it!

(EDIT: for even less confusion, insim.ini, which contains all the needed config parameters for Discord app to work, should be smth like config_discord.ini Smile )
Quote from MandulAA :Oh I didn't really notice that there's an update for your program. Just as I thought the discord app should start silent (without messages), I see you already updated it. It's now working flawlessly, as you say! Thanks for your work! Smile

Now that it starts without any messages, the only thing that I don't like is that need of the "files" folder inside the LFS directory. It makes a mess. Frown Is it possible to somehow code it to check for insim.ini inside its own "LFS Discord" directory (I have no idea how to do that as I have no experience in programming Smile)? If it's not really possible, it would be great to have "files" renamed something like "files_discord" or "discord_files" so it's not that confusing - you know, 'files' can almost relate to everything (LFS itself, Discord extension, other apps).

Thanks for reading my suggestion(s). Also, we "advertised" your program on the LFS Discord, so more players get to know about it!

(EDIT: for even less confusion, insim.ini, which contains all the needed config parameters for Discord app to work, should be smth like config_discord.ini Smile )

Hello! Thanks for the share. Unfortunately, i think i can't fix the issue with the files folder, as the .exe is being executed by LFS.exe(so i guess C# gets the folder through that .exe, instead of the actual program....) What i can do is as you said rename the folder to something more specific. insim.ini is called like that because it contains mostly insim settings on how to connect with LFS, and nothing else(except the new variable to skip the messages). The ideal thing would be to make it identify properly the folder through and not touch other stuff.
Sorry for bump, thanks for sharing this!
Updated with mod names support instead of their "hex skin ids". Also finally had time to fix the annoying bug with the files being loaded from LFS' folder. No more need to have dublicate files in both program's folder and LFS'.
Thanks for the update, shared it on the LFS Discord so people are aware Smile
-
(fastranker1) DELETED by fastranker1
Thank you for the update Kostas!

I've been wanting for a while to auto-start both LFSLazy and LFSDiscord when LFS is started. At first i made an app that launched LFS, then Lazy and then LFSDiscord. But was getting an error saying "invalid command line". Even tried setting the directory as work directory.

Seems like its not working with the LFS scripts either. So I've made a script with AHK. Same error though, LFSDiscord does give the error and does actually work even though the error shows.

How about an autostart feature? Cool
Quote from kristofferandersen :Thank you for the update Kostas!

I've been wanting for a while to auto-start both LFSLazy and LFSDiscord when LFS is started. At first i made an app that launched LFS, then Lazy and then LFSDiscord. But was getting an error saying "invalid command line". Even tried setting the directory as work directory.

Seems like its not working with the LFS scripts either. So I've made a script with AHK. Same error though, LFSDiscord does give the error and does actually work even though the error shows.

How about an autostart feature? Cool

You shouldn't have any issues with the last version. Make sure you use the right quotes and the path is correct. As i'm saying in a few comments above at the autoexec script you should use /exec "C:\YOUR_ROUTE\LFS Discord\LFS Discord.exe"
Perfect program thanx Thumbs up

But is there also anyone that got discord overlay working?
I like to see who is talking. And I don't have 2 monitors.
Quote from RC-Maus :Perfect program thanx Thumbs up

But is there also anyone that got discord overlay working?
I like to see who is talking. And I don't have 2 monitors.

Yeah. It works fine for me. You may need to add your game manually if it doesn't automatically appear in the list of games for the discord overlay.

I believe its called Registered Games these days.

Quote from DarkKostas :You shouldn't have any issues with the last version. Make sure you use the right quotes and the path is correct. As i'm saying in a few comments above at the autoexec script you should use /exec "C:\YOUR_ROUTE\LFS Discord\LFS Discord.exe"

Alright thanks!
Quote from kristofferandersen :Yeah. It works fine for me. You may need to add your game manually if it doesn't automatically appear in the list of games for the discord overlay.

I believe its called Registered Games these days.

Alright thanks!

2 years ago I added LFS to steam for this thought It worked then not sure Anyway if I run it true steam overlay still don't work Frown
Attached images
Overlay discord LFS.jpg
Thank you for this!

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG