The online racing simulator
Box Truck - LCT3000
The truck has now been published and is available to break drive!

Please let me know of any issues you find or suggestions you have and I'll do my best to correct and improve it.

Version 3:

-Drive side selection
-Collision mesh improvements
-General suspension tweaks
-Small interior improvements
-Passenger pose fixed
-Cargo box can now be skinned and coloured independently from cab. (Pizza and template as default skins)
-Cargo config - 'Cargo' can be painted, naturally.

Version 4:
-Added roller door to cargo config
-Yellow rear plate

Version 5:
-Interior overhaul
-Increased mirror size slightly
Nice! I've always wanted to see bigger vehicles though I realise pit garages are a problem. Smile

Good that the obj importer seems to be working quite well (for points, triangles and smoothing groups).
Quote from Flame CZE :Is it this model? https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/90-light-commercial-truck-low-poly-model-663a0953c038434a918cb85725c88ffa

I actually had the same idea, but then realized it wouldn't fit in the pit garage (too tall), so I gave up Big grin

That's the one - the boxy 90s body fits really nicely with the official LFS vehicles.

It fits in a few I think but yeah.. might have limited uses unless a server can be set to have mods spawn only on custom start points.
Quote from Scawen :Nice! I've always wanted to see bigger vehicles though I realise pit garages are a problem. Smile

Good that the obj importer seems to be working quite well (for points, triangles and smoothing groups).

Considering I have zero experience with this kind of thing and was able to get it to this point within a few hours - I'd say it's all working very well and the tutorials are good!
Maybe the modding REST API could include over-all dimensions of the mod to allow insims to detect this issue?
#7 - FIZ
Quote from Cimanu :It's incredibly basic at the moment and I might never finish it to a point where it's worth releasing as I haven't a clue what I'm doing Big grin

I thought you made just a cube with 4 wheels.. then I opened the images. Petals
Come on man release the thing I need to deliver packages on LFS tracks, I am already late!! Omg omg omg
Only quickly moved it with keyboard yesterday, jumped in VR and drove it properly today just to work on simple setup and gearing.

Also checked it at every track - it fits in all the garages.. just Smile
Attached images
Truckfits.png
Starting to look like a vehicle.. should probably put wheels on it..
Attached images
Texture2.png
Texture3.png
Texture1.png
good progress Smile it will be a good addition to the Cruise/Roleplay aspect Big grin
Quote from Scawen :Nice! I've always wanted to see bigger vehicles though I realise pit garages are a problem. Smile

If the vehicle is bigger than a certain size just spawn it on the pit box? A truck has no business in the pit garage anyway. If someone is in the pits close by, you could use the same system which prevents resetting a car when someone is approaching.

And you could also update the current pit-garage menu with 3D view with zoom in and out. Should be good to check the detail of the mod you just installed, and big vehicles wouldn't look cropped as well.
This is awesome, i can't wait to drive this, you definitely doing great work keep it up,
I say try testing all pits in all tracks and adjust height accordingly (height of box can be lowered a bit)
Wheels get.. also some new textures here and there, the placeholder headlights above were bad.

I think the only part that's gonna let it down is the interior at the moment, but we'll see.

I must be the only person to ever look up tech specs of a mid 00s Mitsubishi Fuso Canter.. but that's what we're mirroring here anyway with power, weight, weight distribution and gearing.

I might do another config with a bit more power if an 86mph top speed doesn't cut it for a racing sim Wink I have gone for slightly wider tyres as the 205 fronts seemed stupid and I can't copy the rear dually.
Attached images
Textureprog.png
Quote from Cimanu :Only quickly moved it with keyboard yesterday, jumped in VR and drove it properly today just to work on simple setup and gearing.

Also checked it at every track - it fits in all the garages.. just Smile

In theory if it didn't fit, couldn't you just make the collision mesh a bit shorter in order to fit in the garages?
Quote from gu3st :In theory if it didn't fit, couldn't you just make the collision mesh a bit shorter in order to fit in the garages?

That would definitely be a hacky way around it - fits everywhere right now with plenty of ride height so not needed on this one.
Visually it shouldn't fit in south city but fortunately the garage door and lights there have no collision Wink

Not far off now, clocks are the last thing to add functionally. Then need to merge my textures on to one sheet to bring the file size down and work out why my chrome parts are just white in game..
Plus fine tune a few shiny/non-shiny things to see what looks best.
Attached images
Soondone.png
Sadly chrome colour is not supported by the current LFS version, so it will always have the colour you set it in the editor.
I went back and matched it against the front bumper instead. Added it as a colourable part for people to body match if they wish.
First version has been submitted for review.. this has been fun Smile
Attached images
lfs_00000132.jpg
lfs_00000130.jpg
lfs_00000131.jpg
Love the model and the mod, One thing that needs to be improved. The collision. It is hella bugged
Is it possible to make the inside of the cab a lot lighter?

Its so dark that its hard to make out the fascia details.

I'm finding this is same in a number of modded vehicles.

Makes no difference where the light is coming from. Turning vehicle 360 deg, and nowhere does it lighten up.
Attached images
LFS Truck Dark Cockpit.png
LFS Dark Cockpit.png
Could it be your settings ? I cant see this on my own.
Quote from sinanju :Is it possible to make the inside of the cab a lot lighter?

Its so dark that its hard to make out the fascia details.

I'm finding this is same in a number of modded vehicles.

Makes no difference where the light is coming from. Turning vehicle 360 deg, and nowhere does it lighten up.

Probably you have custom shaders and have turned on the "Post-processing shader" In Options -> Misc..
This setting increases the contrast a lot.. I personally don't like it and its on "NO" setting for me.
Here is a comparison between the two settings - YES-NO
Quote from superlame :Probably you have custom shaders and have turned on the "Post-processing shader" In Options -> Misc..
This setting increases the contrast a lot.. I personally don't like it and its on "NO" setting for me.

I don't use other shaders, but I did have the "Post-processing shader" set to YES, which was causing the dark dash problem.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Don't ever remember fiddling with that setting, but must have if default setting is NO.

One thing about this Mod and other bigger mods coming I don’t know if you know yet, but driver’s names over cars don’t compensate for vehicle size. Maybe there is a way so the moder can adjust position of driver’s name or where the game automatically recognizes the height and moves the name according to size of vehicle.
Really nice! The steering wheel would look better without the lfs logo imo.
Thanks all for trying this out - please keep letting me know things that are off or might be better in a different way!

I have a new version to upload in a day or so which I'll keep adding to.

Quote from Tazka :Really nice! The steering wheel would look better without the lfs logo imo.

Tried this and yep I agree, makes it less fancy and more like a truck. So that's done Smile thank you

Quote from superlame :Love the model and the mod, One thing that needs to be improved. The collision. It is hella bugged

I've had another pass over the collision mesh and have spent some time driving it against walls at different angles - should be in a better place now.

Coming in version 2:

-Drive side selection
-Collision mesh improvements
-General suspension tweaks
-Small interior improvements
-Passenger pose fixed
-Cargo box can now be skinned and coloured independently from cab. (Pizza and template as default skins)
Attached images
Skins.png
70F87A_Pizza.jpg

Box Truck - LCT3000
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG