The online racing simulator
UZM412 Removed? I want to know a the boundaries of legit mods.
As mod creator, I want to know where is the border between acceptable and unacceptable in creating mods. I understand that there is a license, and a warning about the non-using of real names, logos and nameplates created by your mesh. And apparently, for this, UZM412 it was deleted, cuz it's a real "Moskvich 412" Russian Car.
XRT is based on Mitsubishi Starion GX too, and looks pretty close, but has some slighty changes. And it's okay, but how exactly need to change the exterior, and interior to make a legit mod?
I am asking this question for the 3rd time, but apparently, the developers did not notice, I hope now I can get some kind of answer.

I made a model based on Nissan SilEighty according to the blueprints and Photos, it is my mesh. I will not add the logos and nameplates. I made different bumpers and made changes to the dimensions of the model. Сan you accept such a model? Does it fit the criteria for not using real cars? Maybe ill need to somehow change the geometry of the model?

Nissan SilEighty is a real fan modification of Nissan 180SX (rear) and Nissan S13 (front) Subsequently, this model became so popular among the people that the Nissan factory produced several hundred models for fans..
There No car names or logos, images are attached. Сan you accept this? Or do I need to somehow change this model?
Attached images
2.JPG
1.JPG
I think your mod should be fine - it doesn't contain any real car names or logos. The car shape should be OK.

The problem with the UZM412 mod was that the license information on the original website was not clear. It was not obvious who the original author was and what the permissions are for it.
Quote from Flame CZE :I think your mod should be fine - it doesn't contain any real car names or logos. The car shape should be OK.

Thanx for good info, i hope it will be enough.
To be clear, we did not remove the UZM412. It was deleted by the creator overnight, without explanation.

I'm sad to see it go. We asked the uploader about the copyright because it was not clear on the site that was linked. We were hoping for clear permission and description of who created the original work. It is my mistake to have allowed it through without clear license in the first place.

If the original site gives clear permission to use the work and that permission is theirs to give, then we will be happy to host the adapted work.

To be absolutely clear on this:

You must either:

1) Create the work yourself, and explain to us how you did that, so we know you are the original creator. To prove this it is very good to have a work in progress thread in the forum, so we can see the development of your mod. Then we'll know it's yours. Please, give us confidence.

Or if adapting from someone else's model:

2) Link to the original source of the model that you have adapted, and be able to display clear license information which permits you to make an adapted version of the model.

We cannot accept work that is:

1) Ripped from another game or any other source and you simply claim it is your own work
2) Based on a mesh from a website that does not state a clear license
3) Real car names or logos unless you have permission
That model looks great. Im excited to see some real mods submitted vs what we have now. Good work.
This car looks nice. I hope the UZM comeback with slights modification to avoid issues. I really enjoyed it online.
I want see that uzm 412 again, Such a nice old car
Maybe someone can persuade LibertyCity to display proper license information, then people could use some of their models and link back to their site, for those models which the original uploader wishes to provide a suitable license.

It is important for us to respect copyright. No copyright declaration means you can't make derived works from it, and we can't host it.
Hope to see UZM412 again, and for me it doesnt matter if creator change 3d, but not this car's original physics, in case of driving balance which was just great IMO. Personally, i cant name any good physics simracing game (except LFS of course) where u can wear rear knobblies and experience some no sudden-death cold tires drifting on tracks like so4r with just 79hp.

Omg omg omg
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG