The online racing simulator
Racing at the morning?
(19 posts, started )
Racing at the morning?
Best thing I have ever done was to quit evenings, so I get up early, really early and that has improved my health more than anything.

I like LFS, it is only online game I play and I have joined some servers at mornings and sure enough there are some racing to be had, but it would be certainly interesting to see if there are people who would be willing to try morning sessions.

I rented a server too, but haven't setup Airio yet as I lack experience, but I would like to find bunch of people who would like to give a go for 9am EST race at some weekend.

FOX, XRG, BLGP and SO Long are my interest, but maybe I manage to learn other tracks too, I am rather new.

This game is great as pings of 400ms of other racers seem to be just fine, there is only minor lagging, online code is so good, which really enables me to race with ppl from Brazil etc. if I race at 3-4am that is Smile
Hello!

In winter I also wake up rather early during weekend (5, 6 in morning) and drive while my wife is sleeping, but i usually spend that time working on setups or doing race sims. I found that im sharper, more consistent and plain out faster in morning.

There are some races done by Argentinian teams at those hours, maybe a bit sooner. But other than that, i haven't really noticed big crowds online.

Good idea might be to join Fragmaster discord and check activity there.
Quote from NumberTwo :Hello!

In winter I also wake up rather early during weekend (5, 6 in morning) and drive while my wife is sleeping, but i usually spend that time working on setups or doing race sims. I found that im sharper, more consistent and plain out faster in morning.

There are some races done by Argentinian teams at those hours, maybe a bit sooner. But other than that, i haven't really noticed big crowds online.

Good idea might be to join Fragmaster discord and check activity there.

I don't really do social media thing, minus email and random forum post rarely.

Although I am thinking if it would be possible to start new morning racing thing, it picks up or not, would be something new at least.

I definitely can agree with consistency at the mornings, where at the evening my laptimes are barely withing 1 second of each other at the morning I'm often lapping within few hundreds few laps, most of the time it is quite easy to keep laps in 0.5 second for 20 laps, it is huge improvement in fun factor too, when total fails at cornering are missing.

Anyhow, my server will be called Morningperson's Lounge, I try to get Airio set for Saturday morning and need probably some tips and help to get everything working in a manner that LFS racers except.

Update: So it is about 3am EST now, I have setup FOX racing (prefer 25 laps or more) at Blackwood Historic for this morning. Server Morningperson's lounge is up, not sure about config, but we improve things that are need of improvement.

After 2 hours my legs had enough of driving for the morning, maybe again tomorrow...

Sunday morning:
Morningperson's lounge server is up now, Fernbay black with FOX, race I would like 10 laps or more, we see what comes of it today.
Hi Antti! I would highly recommend you to download and install Discord, as it makes most of the racing here possible. We get instructions through it and we also talk on voice channels. Also we announce events etc. Discord completes this forum very well.
If you look at forum only, you dont really realize how active LFS is. Lots of guys playing and talking on discord, not many on forum.
I'm not interested to take part of spying operation of certain nations (discord, fb, google etc. just put all that collected data together).
You probably can guess why I don't do iRacing either.

LFS is a dead sim, but does not deserve to be, also dead is not exactly right as indeed there is lot of racing at certain hours and days, pickup racing happens too, but mostly with demo I'm afraid.

AA Gti server is doing a lot for pickup racing, imo.

Then there comes a problem, pickup racing is only those super short races where you don't really get into racing, it is more of plow trough T1 and be fast enough, right when tires start to get into temp race is over.

There is lot of fun races to be had if your preferences align with what is up there, mine really don't so well, FOX BL1 or BL2 with 40 laps or more and pickup racing would suit me better than doing 10+ 4 lappers, but that really is just my problem.

So I am rather alone with my preferences, but one has to be what one is, so I set my server to racing which I would like to do, I do racing when I'm up to it and if world appears empty it really is quite normal to me, it is same when I go to MTB on single track, there are none others at times I'm there, kinda nice in a way, whole world for myself Big grin

If I go on AA Gti server at evening and keep racing until next morning, there is constantly people there, so saying LFS is dead is bit of too much, same way many other racing sims can appear dead, although LFS is only one I would consider playing online.

I was also curious about Finnish GTR league, but they require you to have your last name as your name and I'm not too interested of that kind, feels like putting leeches under the skin to me, I guess I like anonymity (more like illusion of it) too much for this modern era.

I remember playing demo of LFS when cars did have black windows and dashboards were mirrored, it was few years back, 18 years ago? I did like internet better back then, maybe that is why I like LFS now Tongue

Sadly this weekend I'm bit too busy to race, but anyone that wants to try longer races on server are welcome to try.
Quote from racerAntti :I'm not interested to take part of spying operation of certain nations (discord, fb, google etc. just put all that collected data together).

Unless you have linux on your computer and just a simple phone,your data has already been collected. Cool
Quote from Eclipsed :Unless you have linux on your computer and just a simple phone,your data has already been collected. Cool

Agree if u don't want data being collected best no internet Wink
Quote from Eclipsed :Unless you have linux on your computer and just a simple phone,your data has already been collected. Cool

Actually it is somewhat false conception that Linux would be more private than Windows.

In Windows, you can control what goes out for each application and service quite easily, with Linux you have to do quite bit more and by default you get exposed really badly.

ip-v6 is really bad for privacy, so is all mainstream new browser versions with default settings and some older browsers actually allowed even more privacy to be tuned, but it takes quite bit of effort.

For me, Windows with tweaks has been more private than what I have managed with Linux. Recommend to connect system trough machine configured as proxy and capturing what machine is sharing to internet, that gives quite good picture of what is happening.

With default settings, Windows indeed is a disaster, but Linux is not much better in privacy, in terms of security might do bit better, but everything is open jacket at cold winter day these days.

Steam client is another thing, in Windows it is fairly easy to disable it from running constantly and prevent it from connecting Steam every minute, sending quite bit of data to them, in Linux not so easy.

Anaconda (python thing) was also interesting, in Linux after I chose to install autocompletion tool for Spyder there was constant massive data transfer happening, removal required lot of research on numerous of internet sites, nothing but good old fashioned spyware disguised as a tool.

Phones are the worst, it is so easy to collect massive amount of data from individuals trough smartphones, your location within meters, your active hours, etc.

My internet is actually off for weeks sometimes, I turn it on only when needing to open some web page and even when reading some page I set FW to fully block everything, normal setting is block everything in and out unless temporarily allowing.

So you can do quite a bit to improve privacy aspect, it does not need to be so that you share all if using internet. Best thing, have no javascript,angular,certain html5 features, only allowing such temporarily case by case basis, same for server requests, have strict control which servers pages can make connections to, google is in total ban here, if site does not work without it, it is not site I need to visit.

In big picture, everyone making effort to make it difficult for these big corporations to get data matters, I don't want to live in dystopia so have to make a stand against road that is leading to such world.

Anyway, it looks like there has been some users on my server which is nice, there has been some kicks because of bad controls, some people might have different opinions about this, but I chose to limit mouse and keyboard using to those who can be rather fast with such setups.

My idea is to provide racing possibilities for those who wish to race close to real world style of racing, so server might not be everyone's cup of tea of course.
sleep is the best during early mornin
Quote from racerAntti :Actually it is somewhat false conception that Linux would be more private than Windows.

In Windows, you can control what goes out for each application and service quite easily, with Linux you have to do quite bit more and by default you get exposed really badly.

ip-v6 is really bad for privacy, so is all mainstream new browser versions with default settings and some older browsers actually allowed even more privacy to be tuned, but it takes quite bit of effort.

For me, Windows with tweaks has been more private than what I have managed with Linux. Recommend to connect system trough machine configured as proxy and capturing what machine is sharing to internet, that gives quite good picture of what is happening.

With default settings, Windows indeed is a disaster, but Linux is not much better in privacy, in terms of security might do bit better, but everything is open jacket at cold winter day these days.

Steam client is another thing, in Windows it is fairly easy to disable it from running constantly and prevent it from connecting Steam every minute, sending quite bit of data to them, in Linux not so easy.

Anaconda (python thing) was also interesting, in Linux after I chose to install autocompletion tool for Spyder there was constant massive data transfer happening, removal required lot of research on numerous of internet sites, nothing but good old fashioned spyware disguised as a tool.

Phones are the worst, it is so easy to collect massive amount of data from individuals trough smartphones, your location within meters, your active hours, etc.

My internet is actually off for weeks sometimes, I turn it on only when needing to open some web page and even when reading some page I set FW to fully block everything, normal setting is block everything in and out unless temporarily allowing.

So you can do quite a bit to improve privacy aspect, it does not need to be so that you share all if using internet. Best thing, have no javascript,angular,certain html5 features, only allowing such temporarily case by case basis, same for server requests, have strict control which servers pages can make connections to, google is in total ban here, if site does not work without it, it is not site I need to visit.

In big picture, everyone making effort to make it difficult for these big corporations to get data matters, I don't want to live in dystopia so have to make a stand against road that is leading to such world.

Anyway, it looks like there has been some users on my server which is nice, there has been some kicks because of bad controls, some people might have different opinions about this, but I chose to limit mouse and keyboard using to those who can be rather fast with such setups.

My idea is to provide racing possibilities for those who wish to race close to real world style of racing, so server might not be everyone's cup of tea of course.

You have no idea what Windows is doing, you haven't seen the source code. Microsoft is just as involved as Google, Facebook et al in data collection, they are bound by laws to let governments access the data they collect and they as you use their operating system they can have access to everything you keep on there. You and noone else but them knows exactly what Windows does or really how secure it is because it's closed source.
Quote from englishlord :You have no idea what Windows is doing, you haven't seen the source code. Microsoft is just as involved as Google, Facebook et al in data collection, they are bound by laws to let governments access the data they collect and they as you use their operating system they can have access to everything you keep on there. You and noone else but them knows exactly what Windows does or really how secure it is because it's closed source.

Gain knowledge and you know, information is out there, one just needs to gain it.
Forensics field is a good start.

Leave your doors open and you are clueless like masses, happily submitting.

Not my world, not my time, not my loss.
i just had to log in to comment my god
yes

Racing at the morning?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG