The online racing simulator
downshifting without using clutch
(6 posts, started )
#1 - R-to
Hi LFS Delevelopers,

We have noticed that example in TBO cars you can change gears downsifting without using clutch just revmatching engine rpm by gaspedal and do the downshift. If you do that in real life with syncronaised gearbox it will get stuck or it will brake or you cant get the gear in if the rpm is high. Players can cheat in braking areas like that. They can drive faster and save tyres more, becuase they dont have to use clutch if automatic clutch is forced off.

They do it like this. When they downshift they put the gear neutral without clutch [example 4 -> N] and then they revmatch engine speed with gearbox only using gaspedal and then just put gear in [N -> 3] and the shift is done perfectly without clutch in high rpm. That is not possible in real life. The gerbox gear will get stuck or the gear wont go in.

Please fix that bug and dont allow downshifting without clutch normal road car syncronaised gearboxes. Drivers will learn to drive wrong and cheat in the game. Is this has been in the beginning possible in the game?
#2 - Racon
I distinctly remember being shown by a friend of mine that he could change gears without the clutch, up and down, with careful rev-matching.

Edit: IRL, I mean, not LFS Wink
#3 - R-to
Yeah, you can do it IRL low rpm, but in this case i mean high rpm when you race full attack, that is not possible.
Quote from Racon :I distinctly remember being shown by a friend of mine that he could change gears without the clutch, up and down, with careful rev-matching.

Edit: IRL, I mean, not LFS Wink

Yes it is possible on IRL but it is very hard when racing, when you need fast shifting on high rpms.

On LFS you can move your H-Shifter ready like from 6 gear to 5 and when you brake your gear changin automatically.

I this topic is better on Improvement Suggestions becaus LFS need possibility broke your gearbox with bad clutsh or bad reving when shift with H-pattern and bad reving with sequential cars.
#5 - jujek
If You know really right moment to match revs and gear You can do this in high rpm without problem, i can do it in my e36, also im doing this in tractors in work, everyday i use clutch just for start moving but one tractor can rev up to 4000 without problem and i still able to change gear without griding noise or something
#6 - R-to
Yeah, you can do it gently low rpm. Not if you a racing and shifting fastest as possible.

Video in the link proper heel and toe downshifting. He dosent change gears down never without clutch, becuase its impossiple and will damage or detroy your gearbox immediately.

Honda Civic - 8800rpm h-pattern downshifting.
https://youtu.be/1Tt5XFiCjew

Imagine if this driver downshifts without clutch gears. He might able to do it once and the gear is then stuck or he has a #ucked syncros and the gear connection theet are really bad damaged then.

The proplem is only when you use h-pattern in the game. If you use seqventtial you cannot change gear without clutch. I hope devs fix this for the new upcoming update.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG