The online racing simulator
Should games be on SSD or HDD?
(11 posts, started )
Hi everybody,
This is a very good software, it simulates the driving process, thereby helping me to train my ability to drive. Now I want to download this software to my computer but do not know whether it should be saved to the SSD or the HDD will be darker? Hope someone can help me out?
Thank you very much.
SSDs are usually the way to go with modern heavy games. At this time I don't think you would benefit much from putting LFS on an ssd instead of a relatively good HDD. Of course, in doubt just chuck into an ssd, it's not a really heavy program by the time you download it. The big update, that will bring newer graphics with most likely heavier textures and more game features that will make the game heavier, will happen maybe this year or later, might make you desire LFS on an ssd more compared to hard disks. Hope this helps.
Also, I don't think this forum zone "Car setups" is suited for this thread Shrug
Quote from KevinRacer :At this time I don't think you would benefit much from putting LFS on an ssd instead of a relatively good HDD.

As a matter of fact I have a good comparision from my experience - the only real difference is how fast the track is loaded in track selection screen - with HDD it took several seconds to load a track (like 10s with the updated Westhill back then),now I have LFS on a SSD and the older not updated tracks load almost instantly while the updated tracks need 2 seconds or 3. Let's see how much the new update will change loading times.
Just put it on the SSD if you have the room to spare.
From my experience - I'm often working with the textures inside LFS\data\dds folder - on a SSD those files are loading/previewing much, much faster than being on a HDD.
Quote from KevinRacer :SSDs are usually the way to go with modern heavy games. At this time I don't think you would benefit much from putting LFS on an ssd instead of a relatively good HDD. Of course, in doubt just chuck into an ssd, it's not a really heavy program by the time you download it. The big update, that will bring newer graphics with most likely heavier textures and more game features that will make the game heavier, will happen maybe this year or later, might make you desire LFS on an ssd more compared to hard disks. Hope this helps.
Also, I don't think this forum zone "Car setups" is suited for this thread Shrug

Thanks you so much
Quote from Eclipsed :As a matter of fact I have a good comparision from my experience - the only real difference is how fast the track is loaded in track selection screen - with HDD it took several seconds to load a track (like 10s with the updated Westhill back then),now I have LFS on a SSD and the older not updated tracks load almost instantly while the updated tracks need 2 seconds or 3. Let's see how much the new update will change loading times.

Thanks you so much
Quote from KevinRacer :SSDs are usually the way to go with modern heavy games. At this time I don't think you would benefit much from putting LFS on an ssd instead of a relatively good HDD. Of course, in doubt just chuck into an ssd, it's not a really heavy program by the time you download it. The big update, that will bring newer graphics with most likely heavier textures and more game features that will make the game heavier, will happen maybe this year or later, might make you desire LFS on an ssd more compared to hard disks. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your advice, it's so helpful for me
Quote from Bose321 :Just put it on the SSD if you have the room to spare.

Thanks you, I will try put on SSD
Quote from Evolution_R :From my experience - I'm often working with the textures inside LFS\data\dds folder - on a SSD those files are loading/previewing much, much faster than being on a HDD.

Thanks you so much
If you can, put everything on SSD.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG