The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :Some more information about the RX / DRIFT configuration so far.

On the left you see the original race tyre size. When you select "RX / DRIFT" the tyres change to the numbers on the right. You can then select more different tyres and greater maximum lock (up to 60 degrees on XRR and FZR).

XR GTR
F 335/30-19 -> 245/45-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

FZ50 GTR
F 300/35-18 -> 235/45-18
R 370/30-18 -> 285/40-18

FXO GTR
F 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

EDIT: I don't think anyone would choose this configuration for hard track racing because the tyres are a lot narrower and there is less grip.

This is perfect, configurations like convertible top on LX models! What is the max front camber angle, since we have more power and more steer lock on GTR model camber angles need to be able to go up at least -6.0 degrees in front since it helps with catching grip in front, most competition cars run around 0 or positive camber in rear and no less than -4.0 in the front for grip at high angle
wisefab has steering lock max at 60-65° with 100%paralell steering or 0%ackermann
Another incompatible patch, U19.
Should be better for drifting and racing.

Maximum number of layout objects increased to 2400
XR GTR in DRIFT / RX config has H-pattern shifter
Handbrake strength is now separately adjustable
10mm narrower rear tyres in XR GTR new config
10mm narrower F/R tyres in FXO GTR new config
10mm narrower track width FZ50 GTR new config
Tyre size displayed in Tyres tab in Garage
FIX: InSim IS_NPL did not report Config

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95016
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :in drifting on road cars i do not see a strong difference between cold tires and in the optimum temperature of the tires

I do. Driven with a sim wheel, they have a bit more grip and respond better in various situations.

Quote from ELDemon :Hi Scarwen, interesting post, commenting on the xrg personally this car barely has enough power to push out the rear tires, mostly it requires heating to high temperatures for the rears to even kick out for the xrg

Depending on the ackerman setting, the XRG does have enough power to drift 1st-2nd gear on <60 road normals. The larger rear tires and fronts being cold (they usually are) hurt it most.

Quote from Pfortnoks :https://www.wisefab.com/resour ... out-ackermann-in-drifting

High ackerman is generally more stable, but it can be deceptively numb. Low ackerman is more communicative, and can be more demanding.
Less is better for low power, low speeds, tight spaces, or maximum response/grip.

Quote from Scawen :2) When I say "it seems OK at this angle" I am assuming 100% Parallel Steer. One complication here is I think the Parallel Steer needs to be enforced at such extreme steering angles. Is that OK, do all drifters always use Parallel steering anyway?

I do.
Quote from Scawen :1) I don't know much about drifting so I don't really know what is most important. Would it be a problem, to limit the GTR cars to 50 degrees of steering? How about with the road cars?

Quote from Pfortnoks :65 degrees gives you "safety", because in competition, you don't use max. angle, but it helps to save mistakes. let's say, you are drifting with 45 degrees angle and you need to make correction. 50 degrees wouldn't be enough.

60-65 on the inside and about up to 50 on the outnside, might be enough? Ideally there would be checks for the max for both clearances, causing the ackerman and lock sliders to refuse to move higher or at all. Example,
50deg/50%, clears
50deg/45%, back of inside wheel doesn't clear
50deg/55%, front of outside wheel doesn't clear

Quote from Scawen :Are the extreme angles more or less important when the power is higher?

The biggest factor, especially with more power, is the way and degree to which the tires lose grip from heat.
Both XRR and FZR are really fun to drift on the 60 degrees steering lock, the XRT can sort of feel like old although I do prefer the new force feedback, I think it is the XRR that is throwing me off trying to push extra angle in the XRT like it has 60 steering lock, is it out of the question now to ask about reopening this topic for us drifters here at a later stage @scawen
in drifting on road cars i do not see a strong difference between cold tires and in the optimum temperature of the tires
Quote from Itemfinder :I do. Driven with a sim wheel, they have a bit more grip and respond better in various situations.

I didn’t say there’s no difference, i said "do not see a strong difference" and i do not said that is not okay, there need to understand what I mean. "they have a bit more grip and respond better in various situations." Maybe, and maybe that is placebo effect. Statements like "I can feel it" are arbitrary and have no verification value. I can give an example, Grip in relation to temperature can be easily verified by more objective indicators such as lap time. In time attack KY oval or BL gp can be improved by about 0.1-0.2 seconds if the tires are warmed up to optimal temperature. If you say you can feel it ok, then come on do it yourself. For an experienced racer, it is not difficult to drive with a difference between the results within 0.2 seconds on a one minute configuration in same conditions, but it will be harder to say to the exactly tenth of second.

And there is thought experiment starts, a lap time of 1 minute starting cold tires on track like predict your exact result up to tenth of a second without displaying the interface of lap times and sectors. And if the result is better than tossing a coin, then maybe you're right. But usually people don't feel it. Although this can be understood from mistakes or well-passed turns..But the conversation is purely about feeling grip in a moment. If you do it yourself I think you will understand more than what you are talking about. Yes 0.2 sec it still a difference and its important difference for racers, but it a still small difference, that a very hard to feel in a moment especially when we talking about drifting. I would say that this is impossible to feel, but who knows, maybe you have super expensive steering wheel with sensitive feedback and in same time you so special that you can feel the trampling of horses in a field 10 km away.
Hi Scawen, add please 225 front tires for XRR and boost controller, turbo lag on 1.76 bar on 4 piston engine it's not comfortable for drifting. Need low boost for tyre spin control imho.
Attached images
fgbfgb.png
Quote from bavabanga :Hi Scawen, add please 225 front tires for XRR and boost controller, turbo lag on 1.76 bar on 4 piston engine it's not comfortable for drifting. Need low boost for tyre spin control imho.

Hi, the test patch stage is over, I'm back to work on the development version now. So no more changes in the near future.
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :I didn’t say there’s no difference, i said "do not see a strong difference" and i do not said that is not okay, there need to understand what I mean.[...]

There is less grip, but also notable is the grip falloff at high slipangles. I'd estimate the grip difference from blue to green temps is around 5%. In terms of front/rear grip bias, that's a lot. It's enough to make a car that was neutral with all cold tires, understeer when the rears are green and fronts still blue.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG