The online racing simulator
i think 45 is good as it is now in somecars, at 60 deg tires will end after 3minutes of drifting
50 degrees on a GTR; could get very interesting to see what kind of drift setups people come up with.

I have messaged a couple of friends that are far inside the drift communities within LFS in hopes of them coming up with suggestions or improvements. Good luck!
Trying something.

A new 'configuration' called 'RX / DRIFT' that sets the tyres narrower and adds an offset.

With 'RX / DRIFT' selected you can choose the wider range of tyres and extreme steer angle.
Attached images
lfs_00000015.jpg
-
(Bzzyq) DELETED by Bzzyq
#30 - Laoz
Quote from Bzzyq :Proper drift car needs straight 6 engine.

I would agree with you, but if I remember correctly Scawen right now is doing small updates that don't take much time to make and adding an another car would take a long time to make.
Would it be possible to switch to H-shifter instead of a sequential gearbox? Its difficult to drift with paddles. Not a lot of people have dedicated sequential shifters with their wheels. It's just an idea, no need to get into it if it's complicated.
Quote from Scawen :Trying something.

A new 'configuration' called 'RX / DRIFT' that sets the tyres narrower and adds an offset.

With 'RX / DRIFT' selected you can choose the wider range of tyres and extreme steer angle.

Thumbs up
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Would it be possible to switch to H-shifter instead of a sequential gearbox? Its difficult to drift with paddles. Not a lot of people have dedicated sequential shifters with their wheels. It's just an idea, no need to get into it if it's complicated.

I would prefer the devs to spend some times later on a do some proper drift machines.

This sounds good, +1!
Some more information about the RX / DRIFT configuration so far.

On the left you see the original race tyre size. When you select "RX / DRIFT" the tyres change to the numbers on the right. You can then select more different tyres and greater maximum lock (up to 60 degrees on XRR and FZR).

XR GTR
F 335/30-19 -> 245/45-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

FZ50 GTR
F 300/35-18 -> 235/45-18
R 370/30-18 -> 285/40-18

FXO GTR
F 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

EDIT: I don't think anyone would choose this configuration for hard track racing because the tyres are a lot narrower and there is less grip.
Attached images
lfs_00000016.jpg
-
(Pathseeker) DELETED by Pathseeker : Blind me
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : not needed
Quote from Scawen :Some more information about the RX / DRIFT configuration so far.

On the left you see the original race tyre size. When you select "RX / DRIFT" the tyres change to the numbers on the right. You can then select more tyres and greater maximum lock (up to 60 degrees on XRR and FZR).

XR GTR
F 335/30-19 -> 245/45-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

FZ50 GTR
F 300/35-18 -> 235/45-18
R 370/30-18 -> 285/40-18

FXO GTR
F 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

Could it be possible to display these numbers in the tires tab ? It is always nice to see these cars' parts specifications when playing in the setup menu.
Quote from Scawen :Some more information about the RX / DRIFT configuration so far.

On the left you see the original race tyre size. When you select "RX / DRIFT" the tyres change to the numbers on the right. You can then select more tyres and greater maximum lock (up to 60 degrees on XRR and FZR).

XR GTR
F 335/30-19 -> 245/45-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

FZ50 GTR
F 300/35-18 -> 235/45-18
R 370/30-18 -> 285/40-18

FXO GTR
F 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

Tyre size wise, that can work even for some kind of racing series too, like with gt2 or gt3 restrictions(would need testing with more narrow tyres), it would be slower series because of less grip and less cornering speeds. Or those changes make car not really drivable at all for racing?
Quote from Pathseeker :Tyre size wise, that can work even for some kind of racing series too, like with gt2 or gt3 restrictions(would need testing with more narrow tyres), it would be slower series because of less grip and less cornering speeds. Or those changes make car not really drivable at all for racing?

Might make for interestingly balanced cars. High HP with downforce but no tyre grip.
Quote from gu3st :Might make for interestingly balanced cars. High HP with downforce but no tyre grip.

semi slick tires of 275mm width is not "no tire grip" Tongue
But indeed, I like the idea of having a different car class "at low cost" with this.

Omg is amazing new feature! In fact, it's almost XRD.
But how it will be works? Choosing on Cars menu in Garage or in Setups?
Edit: oh im see it now, sorry.

XR GTR
F 335/30-19 -> 245/45-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

FZ50 GTR
F 300/35-18 -> 235/45-18
R 370/30-18 -> 285/40-18

Now looks good for drifting now, but maybe need some testing for checking how it will be working in drifting.

And last point for drifters is make more power for GTRs is like 650-800hp will be nice. I understand that this cannot be done becouse it can be used for hard track racing, but maybe you can make restrictions for configuration RX / DRIFT in racing participation, maybe some prohibited finish or taking off account results or some like that? It will be so great for drifters if yo can do it..
I have a concern.

Does FXR have enough steering ability for RX usage with RX / DRIFT configuration?

Oh, and another thing. Will dedi server have ability that can let insim plugin detect which configuration is in use?

Quote from gu3st :Might make for interestingly balanced cars. High HP with downforce but no tyre grip.

I think these new tyre sizes fit FIA GT3 car spec regulation so it is good. And I could remember there was a time when people arguing that these GTRs are too grippy because of wide tyres, so don't match performance of GTs irl.
Quote from Pathseeker :Tyre size wise, that can work even for some kind of racing series too, like with gt2 or gt3 restrictions(would need testing with more narrow tyres), it would be slower series because of less grip and less cornering speeds. Or those changes make car not really drivable at all for racing?

Britcar comes to mind, or those separate events that smaller leagues hold as support races
Quote from Scawen :

XR GTR
F 335/30-19 -> 245/45-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

FZ50 GTR
F 300/35-18 -> 235/45-18
R 370/30-18 -> 285/40-18

FXO GTR
F 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

It looks fine to me. Although in reality drifters put narrower tires in front, and im not sure about this width in front.. will that be enough or not. I want to check it after test patch update.
A small bug - it should be XR / DRIFT, not RX / DRIFT Smile
Attached images
XR.jpg
RX = Rallycross.
Quote from Scawen :
XR GTR
F 335/30-19 -> 245/45-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

FZ50 GTR
F 300/35-18 -> 235/45-18
R 370/30-18 -> 285/40-18

FXO GTR
F 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18
R 335/35-18 -> 275/40-18

Perfect! Just perfect! Go for test
And one more thing, drifters on Pro competitions always make warm up rear and front tires before they make runs, and i mean realy always, for get more grip, and after some driver got straght wheels or spinout you can hear something like "i do not warm up tires whell, becouse of that it happen" Thats mean for drifters, tire heating is important to do if if he doesn't want to get a lack in the grip.

But in LFS drifting it does not work quite like that, in drifting on road cars i do not see a strong difference between cold tires and in the optimum temperature of the tires, but after the tires heat up more than the optimum temperature and the tires start to smoke, the grip drops significantly, which I did not see that would happen in a real drift...
According to my feelings there is a mismatch to real life in this.

The goal of this test patch is not to have new tire physics ^^ . The current model has several flaws everyone is aware of Wink
#48 - Gunn
Steering rate plays a role too. Just sayin'.

Also, counter-intuitively; grip is essential for drifting.
Scawen, is it possible for example to have an option in the pits (as was done in ABS) to be able to change the car's traction?
For example, we take the XRT and turn it into a four-wheel drive. Then we set up the setup as we do with RB4 for example.

I think that for Rally it would be an incredible car (even more than it already is Smile) and for rally communities on LiveForSpeed it would be important Smile
XRT has the same specs has RB4 ... and weigts more ... (not very nice)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG