The online racing simulator
New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
what is the issue with setting the strength of the handbrake ? have you ever use a handbrake in real ? the force applied on rear brakes is linked to the amount of strength you put in it ... lowering the force in LFS would simply mean you are just not using the axis at its maximum angle.
Correct me if I am wrong, but each people complaining about setting the strength of it is using a button, am I wrong ? ... even if in modern car it is common to see a button, the idea behind is to simulate a real handbrake, not a fingerbrake Tongue . So what is the deal with setting the force ?
Strange things
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers,

We are pleased to announce a new update with a lot of new features, fixes and improvements. This is not the graphics update we have been talking about in recent progress reports. This one still uses the same physics system as the public version it replaces, but allows a wider range of setup options for some of the cars.

We have had requests over the years to allow more possibilities for rallycross and drifting. We were able to implement these changes by making a new version that could not connect online with the old version. Wider steering angles and a wide range of tyres are now possible on the GTR cars by selecting a new ALTERNATE configuration in the setup screen. This also allows some interesting possibilities for hard track racing as narrower tyres can be selected, which can help when creating lower powered racing classes for some events.

As we were making an incompatible version, it was a good opportunity to improve the prediction system that allows you to see remote cars driving on your screen. Every car's position, velocity, fuel load, damage and so on are transmitted frequently to all the other racers on a server. We have used various methods to make this information more accurate so the cars appear to move more smoothly. We were also able to improve some things about pit stops. For example you can now change tyres without being forced to repair body or suspension damage.

There are really a lot of updates in this version and we can't describe them all in detail in this news item. Please do have a look at the list of changes on the 0.6V information page. They include improvements for force feedback, controls including steering wheels and handbrake, more layout objects, VR, views, InSim and OutSim.

Read all about this update and how to install it on the Live for Speed version 0.6V page.

- LFS Developers

Hello, thanks for the update.. But there's a bit of things wich is unpleasant tbh. Like the new steering animations its actually kinda weird and causes headache XD,
And as a user who usually use mouse steering i really struggle with the new animation beside the rise of the sensitivity of steering..
My points is , can we have an option where to set own preference of mouse sensitivity. That would be helpful alot, and if we can choose between the new and old steering animations maybe?
Thank you for your time and hard work.
I believe the use of handbrake he is talking about is in terms of racing often they spam the handbrake to get better traction into the corner, old bl1 methods.
Quote from ELDemon :I believe the use of handbrake he is talking about is in terms of racing often they spam the handbrake to get better traction into the corner, old bl1 methods.

if it is so, it is used a lot, but this is due to some the flaws in the current physics ... and indeed you are quicker when using it in lots of corners.
Anyway, someone willing to "cheat" with this can always find a way to simulate an axis through a macro and to not reach 100% ... no need for adjustable handbrake anymore ...
Or you can just make clutch pedal a handbrake and modulate how much you brake.

Anyone driving older Mercedes will feel at home
Quote from Flotch :if it is so, it is used a lot, but this is due to some the flaws in the current physics ... and indeed you are quicker when using it in lots of corners.
Anyway, someone willing to "cheat" with this can always find a way to simulate an axis through a macro and to not reach 100% ... no need for adjustable handbrake anymore ...

I'd imagine so, sadly I knew about the handbrake issue atleast 10 years ago from the Blackwood original, few taps into turn 1 slide in the xfg would sort out the rear ready for the corner, I think we have to just ride it out and hope the cheaters who exploit the clutch and handbrake, will go find some other game to cheat on or just get bored of cheating wins in LFS, or maybe scawen will find the time to make some edits..

Here at LFS I have always felt second-best in terms of racing, going up against a fast mouse user is a real challenge there are some obvious benefits to using the mouse but I have to think sometimes, shouldn't I be rewarded more so than a mouse user or shouldn't they at least be more on equal terms the wheel and mouse?.. matching the clutch rates, finally put some clutch system in place that can check for in-human clutch presses and other simple checks it frustrates me some of the people on this game willing to do anything to beat times, from stealing to cheating it's a real sad time...
ELDemon : I agree

Quote from NumberTwo :Or you can just make clutch pedal a handbrake and modulate how much you brake.

Anyone driving older Mercedes will feel at home

mine is from 2011 (w204 phase 2) and has the "footbrake". So the more modern version have lost this featue ? (quite useless I think, anyway, I would never try to make a u-turn with it Big grin )
Quote from IsaacPrice :The addition to be able to change the strength of handbrake in the setup can definitely be exploited in the racing scene.

I don't think this is a big problem in the LFS race.
I personally use the handbrake sometimes just to help in certain corners to have more traction and to support more in the braking, but that depends on who is behind the steering wheel and not the simulator.

In XRT, for example, I use a handbrake to serve as a "speed limiter", but that depends on each one and their experience.

On the accidents caused also depends a lot on the evaluations of the league's staffs and most of them are not due to the use of a brake, but rather due to lack of care, lack of respect for another competitor, but this happens in all simulators.

What I think LFS needs right now is the graphic and physical updates of the tires, more bet on the S3 (for example new cars, new tracks and new content).

Be official applications of LFS that can help SimRacer see its growth in competitions and evolution of the car, to even see evolution of the team daily.

Why is there not a ranking of teams registered in LFSWorld?
For example, each event we participate in online is each victory of each member to be able to support personal ranking and team ranking?

As for example it happens in some simulators Smile
I think that would be very positive for LiveForSpeed ​​some of these bets Smile
Lol new cars and tracks in LFS Big grin
Would be nice but when
2030?
Quote from joaopaulopt :I don't think this is a big problem in the LFS race.

it has been a problem for years and will be an even bigger advantage once people figure out the correct tactic and setups to use this new feature and get good enough at it; as far as i've tried either using it as traction or stability control on the lowest brake strength (especially useful on turbo cars) or an instant handbrake button to carry more speed into the corner with the highest brake pressure

i mean it's quite hilarious to read this discussion here between some serious racers who know all the exploits and the more casual people whose opinion on this topic is pretty worthless due to not having the experienceBig grin
People will always find a way to cheat.
Quote from Flotch :ELDemon : I agree

mine is from 2011 (w204 phase 2) and has the "footbrake". So the more modern version have lost this featue ? (quite useless I think, anyway, I would never try to make a u-turn with it Big grin )

You know, i didnt actually researched it as i assumed they've gone to the button like everyone else has with their electric "hand" brakes. And as i see some cars still use the footbrake.

My analogy was with pedal setup, as you exchange clutch for handbrake, as you would have it in automatic mercedes. Mine is W219 and I dont have the balls to step on it mid turn! But really like the concert of foot operated emergency brake, as when you get used to it, you just step on it when going out of car and pull the lever when you go into the car.
Oh damn setup extractor was the sweetest thing ever back in the day, kappa
Quote from Evolution_R :People will always find a way to cheat.

But it is not cheating if it is in the game and accessible to everyone.

Using tweaker for +10hp? thats cheating
I have ~4000 hours in CS:GO. Valve is constantly taking measures against cheaters. Players still use every possible bug/feature/issue/tool for their advantage in competitive matches. Who is to blame? The game or the players who abuse it?
Quote from Evolution_R :I have ~4000 hours in CS:GO. Valve is constantly taking measures against cheaters. Players still use every possible bug/feature/issue/tool for their advantage in competitive matches. Who is to blame? The game or the players who abuse it?

Thats quite different though
This game will it come to Steam? This game 18 euro, 161 tl.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :it has been a problem for years and will be an even bigger advantage once people figure out the correct tactic and setups to use this new feature and get good enough at it; as far as i've tried either using it as traction or stability control on the lowest brake strength (especially useful on turbo cars) or an instant handbrake button to carry more speed into the corner with the highest brake pressure

i mean it's quite hilarious to read this discussion here between some serious racers who know all the exploits and the more casual people whose opinion on this topic is pretty worthless due to not having the experienceBig grin

exactly Smile
That's why training is needed to gain experience.
When, for example, I spent the first time in the GTR before using this handbrake tactic, I had to train and be able to improve.
But it is not a reason to remove anything, because this is not the big problem with LFS, it can be a help even at certain times.

But logically it should only be used when you have experience now when you don't have it logically you shouldn't use it.

[quote=
Lol new cars and tracks in LFS Big grin
Would be nice but when
2030? [/quote]

I believe after this version that LFS is working where we will have new graphics and new physical tires and "new tracks" to follow it would be very good to start planning new cars and new tracks thinking about betting on S3 Smile

I believe if LFS also bet strongly on S3 to create more tracks, more cars specific to the S3 license would give more value to the S3 license.
Just passing by with the hope that devs see this post as the first one didn't get attention - would be useful if we can choose how much degrees does the steering wheel turn, for example mouse players (most of us) are used to the 720 degrees (most road cars) and cant get used to the new settings (different cars, different values). For now I use decreased steering angle, but that doesn't work good.

sorry if this isn't the right place to post that
Quote from nikolai_01 :Just passing by with the hope that devs see this post as the first one didn't get attention - would be useful if we can choose how much degrees does the steering wheel turn, for example mouse players (most of us) are used to the 720 degrees (most road cars) and cant get used to the new settings (different cars, different values). For now I use decreased steering angle, but that doesn't work good.

sorry if this isn't the right place to post that

Quote from Scawen :Unsubscribing from thread now. Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm really pleased the update is working very well, as intended!

try next patch i guess

i am also affected by this as 6 years of mouse racing for roadcars has pretty much gone to 0, but i didn't test the patch so can't blame anyone
I use mouse and in my case this really haven't affected my driving negatively. When using 900 and above the steering feels a really tiny tiny bit more sensitive so I have to be a bit slower with it, but nothing ground-breaking in my end, so I didn't really report it during the Test Patch.

I think it just comes down to the player, settings and how much it takes adapting to something new.
indeed, can't wait to see the comments when the new tire physics will be released : "Scawen ruined the game, I cannot be fast anymore..." Omg omg omg
When new tire physics?+bad steering animation
Quote from Viperakecske :When new tire physics?+bad steering animation

the graphical update seems quite advanced. Let's suppose Eric is on Fernbay (latest track to be heavily updated), and when it is ready, I do no think Scawen will want to postpone its release (that may occur with tire physics update). But to answer your question "when" : when it is ready ... obviously no date to be announced Petals

New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG