The online racing simulator
New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
soon™
Great work guys! Very happy that you continue to work on this. LFS is still one of the best physics engines out there and the multiplayer system is rarely beaten by game studios with 10s of millions of dollar budgets.
gotta accept the fact that all wrs will be wiped sooner or later

gg oval hotlaps sorry but LFS isn't a nascar sim ok
Quote from Viperakecske :not really

You should... Doing some simple testing allow to diagnose quickly those board effects, and avoid people whinning when the patch is finally released for 'everyone'
Definitely
Nice work devs! Its great update for everyone but Drifters and Rally guys special grateful to you. Waiting for the next update with graphics and physics.
Quote from Botswanan Salama :The thing is that R4 tyres with open wheelers are never used in anything else than oval hotlapping. I bet they also feel the same as R3 tyres, they are just a bit faster on straights. So this change didn't add anything new to the game, it only needlessly made old oval hotlaps worth nothing.

I wouldn't mind if hotlap tables changed because of actual updates in game (like tyre physics, track changes or something else) but this was basically same thing as if you had reseted some hotlap tables "just for fun".

To me this just sounds like "Oops, we just broke the game, but no one reported this bug during the test patch period, so it's fine".

What's the problem? Go set some new WR's if you want to defend them, everyone still has equal chances.

They didn't 'break' anything, something just got changed. Scawen his point is that you had a long time to test everything and note this 'problem' so there was at least place for a discussion about it. All these WR's worth nothing anyway, since they're boring oval WR's no one cares about. They'll be removed anyway once the new physics arrive.

Quote from Flotch :You should... Doing some simple testing allow to diagnose quickly those board effects, and avoid people whinning when the patch is finally released for 'everyone'

Exactly this. There was plenty of time to test this. If you cared you should've tested it. You would directly have noticed it, since you do it so quickly after the official patch.

Quote from Viperakecske :Good old unbeatable oval wrs worth nothing now Big grin
ky1 fox/fbm

They were worth nothing to start with. Smile
Definitely bose
"something just got changed" shouldnt be changed
R1/R2 is for qualy and race,R3 only for oval,never seen a race where they used r3 except oval.
Now Scawen added R4 for no reason
And i didnt even know scawen is planning to add r4
I knew about road supers
Maybe the community wanted
But what exactly is the problem? I don't fully understand the dilemma if everyone still has the same chances. If R4 tires have an advantage over R1/2/3, why not also use R4 tires then? Everyone can use them. I have no idea if it's realistic or whatever, but if it gives better times for hotlaps, then you know what tires you should use. Maybe it's something due to the current physics that's not right, but I believe it was discussed during testing and no one saw a problem in it. And I still don't see it.

I'd say: new tires, new chances. If you're a WR-holder, or not anymore, prove you're fast again on these R4 tires.
It gives better times for hotlaps yes
3laps and already 0.040faster laps than r3
Quote from Viperakecske :It gives better times for hotlaps yes
3laps and already 0.040faster laps than r3

So the car is faster. Where's the problem? It would make no sense to disallow r4 just because of oval.
Quote from Sobis :So the car is faster. Where's the problem? It would make no sense to disallow r4 just because of oval.

Okay okay i said nothing please dont hate me
Quote from Viperakecske :
.....never seen a race where they used r3 except oval

Seems you have been just on the wrong races then. As far as I remember you NEED to have R3 on front

wheels in an FXR if you are going for longer than about 10 minutes. Wink
Who is talking about fxr? :O
Oh, sorry then. You get an update which offers alot of new things to use and enjoy but really

complain about the 2 hotlaps on oval for FBM and FOX.Confused Please forgive me.Cool
I dont enjoy drift and rally
WR laps are a combination of speed, and enough repetition to improve your luck. With repetition and luck ultimately being the most responsible for the very top spot.
A faster tyre isn’t a bug, and even if it was highlighted during the test patches, I don’t think anything should have been done to arbitrarily preserve some leaderboard by disallowing them.
If those guys are the fastest, and have the most free time, they’ll be back at the top again. If someone else does a better job on the new tyre, then they instead deserve to be up there.
Being upset about faster tyres seems like the luck and repetition played a bigger role than skill in getting that top spot, and any competition to it is perhaps unwelcome.

In my opinion this game is now as much a racing simulator as it is a drifting one, and a cruising around one, or a hot-lapping on. Or a road, rally or oval one. None is more important, and none is to be brushed aside. Something to shake up a leaderboard or the WR side of things is good for competition.
Totally agree with EeekiE! This is a simulation not only "competitive" game. Each of us need to more fun with our best sim, competition is just a part of the game. When i play with UF1000 in Multiclass server, i have no chance against an XFG, but this is a pleasure to play! If i take XRT, i'm on top 5 or top 10 but i don't care ^^ Some players reduce power of engine for fun Smile

Thanks dev's for the result Smile maybe an UF1300 can be implemented?

Sorry for my bad english btw ^^
Quote from Viperakecske :"something just got changed" shouldnt be changed
R1/R2 is for qualy and race,R3 only for oval,never seen a race where they used r3 except oval.
Now Scawen added R4 for no reason
And i didnt even know scawen is planning to add r4
I knew about road supers

r3 lbr ky3
Yes, the new tyre option being beneficial for lower powered race cars on the oval seems like quite an interesting unintended consequence. it reminds me of the real world, where not everything is perfectly stable and unchanging from one year to the next. Hope you guys will have a good time improving your best laps!

Thanks for the feedback, it's great to know the update is working very well. Thumbs up

Have fun! Smile
Quote from Scawen :Yes, the new tyre option being beneficial for lower powered race cars on the oval seems like quite an interesting unintended consequence. it reminds me of the real world, where not everything is perfectly stable and unchanging from one year to the next. Hope you guys will have a good time improving your best laps!

Thanks for the feedback, it's great to know the update is working very well. Thumbs up

Have fun! Smile

Its okay men keep it up forza scavier forever
Quote from Bose321 :What's the problem? Go set some new WR's if you want to defend them, everyone still has equal chances.

I know I can take those WR's back if I want. That isn't the problem. I'm disappointed that some of the laps that were pretty much maxed out were thrown into a bin for nothing. As I said, it would be ok if it was necessary because of updates, but these R4's didn't add anything to the sim. They only ruined oval hotlap tables. Why not reset hotlap tables every week for fun? Smile Everyone still has equal chances to be the first. See the problem now?

Quote from Bose321 :All these WR's worth nothing anyway, since they're boring oval WR's no one cares about.

This only shows that oval WR's don't matter anything to you and that you are unable to think that not everyone share the same opinion with you.

Quote from Bose321 :They'll be removed anyway once the new physics arrive.

This can take anything between 1 and 10 years to happen so it's a bad excuse to wipe some hotlap tables now without any reason.

Quote from MousemanLV :gg oval hotlaps sorry but LFS isn't a nascar sim ok

So what is it? Cruise sim? RallyX sim? Drifting sim? Ovals are part of the sim so it is as much oval racing simulator as anything else.

New LFS Version 0.6V
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG