The online racing simulator
Left/Right hand drive
(31 posts, started )
I don't think there's any advantage in l/rhd for us noobish drivers. Perhaps you can tweak your laptimes down for a tenth or so, but imho it's more improtant to drive good lines. If my pbs were near to the wr times, then I would try another driver position, but since I'm so slow this won't matter for me. I'll just keep on training lhd.

greetz

der butz
Quote from der butz :I don't think there's any advantage in l/rhd for us noobish drivers. Perhaps you can tweak your laptimes down for a tenth or so, but imho it's more improtant to drive good lines. If my pbs were near to the wr times, then I would try another driver position, but since I'm so slow this won't matter for me. I'll just keep on training lhd.

greetz

der butz

There is . It is the same thing with fuel. Even 1% less fuel can make 0.001% difference, no matter of the drivers skills. The car accelerated and decelerates 0,001% faster and that 0.001% may be 0.1seconds on BL1/XRT for example. It is always there. Like adding 0.2hp to XRT. The difference is there, it is just almost unnoticable.

@tinvek
Agree on that mini.

---
I think it would be the wisesti decision to lock the steering wheel on left or right in all cars, without the abillity to select it. No more the need to make mirrored textures, no more changing from left to right with just one click. And it would be the same for everyone eventually. Learning to drive LHD/RHD isn't really something hard.

Below the list how I'd do it:
UF1 : RHD
UFR : RHD
XFG : LHD
XFR: LHD
XRG : RHD
XRT : RHD
XRR : RHD
FZ50 : LHD
FZR : LHD
FXO : LHD
FXR : LHD
RA : LHD
LX4 : RHD
LX6 : RHD
BF1 : LHD
RB4 : LHD
---
In total (BF1 excluded )
LHD : 8
RHD : 7
for me i feel quite a considerable difference. i always drive on the inside for a give track. generally clockwise tracks i'll sit on the right and anti-clockwise i sit on the left.
when the drivers weight is on the inside it balances the car better and also can help stop it rolling if your using curbs alot.
as sparkydave said it reduces tyre wear too. it is possible to go just as quick sitting on the opposite side but i think it requires more setup changes and wear tyres faster.
Left & Right Lane Traffic - Why do they exist?
Historically, many places kept left, while many others kept right, often within the same country. There are many myths which attempt to explain why one or the other is preferred. About 90 percent of people are right-handed, and many explanations reference this. Horses are traditionally mounted from the left, and led from the left, with the reins in the right hand. So, people walking with horses prefer the right lane, to keep the animal and sword separated. Check out this link you will get to know the historic reasons and hidden
facts behind why some regions travel on the left lane and why some travel on the right lane! Every result is proven! Watch now and get to know why you are riding in either the left or the right lane!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxD3Htf21mY&t=16s
Well done on bumping 14 years old thread Big grin
it can irl give a better view of how close you are hitting the apex's on corners on that side, but most tracks will have both right and left corners/turns

Left/Right hand drive
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG