The online racing simulator
Asetto corsa vs Live For Speed ?
(13 posts, closed, started )
#1 - zamac
can all the racers read their thoughts ?
#2 - CSF
car go brrrr
#3 - zamac
what
I think that writing in capitals on an online platform is considered as shouting and therefor rude behavior.
I also think that it would be better to write a well written first post when starting a thread.
As in, describe carefully what it is you want to hear from others and what your own opinion is to start with.

The thread is about a comparison between Asetto Corsa and LFS.
#5 - bowst
Asetto Corsa is Race Setup, Live for Speed is speeding for living.
I feel like Asseto Corsa has more refined force feed back. You can feel what the car is doing, when it is oversteeing, understanding and an all round better detail than LFS. Same goes for AC physics, however AC has come to the end of its development. Unlike LFS.

But LFS still has many upsides, I think it does a lot of stuff better than other Sims. For example I think it has the best multiplayer layout when choosing a server, one of the most accessible forums and most importantly a friendly community that are just as passionate about racing just as much as you are.(not to mention that the developers interact with the people in the forum's, which makes you know about about them, so you want to support what there doing)

But unlike other Sims you can tell that the LFS developers have put passion and enjoyment into the simulator, not saying that this isn't the case about other Sims, but there's something about LFS that translates that emotion into actual gameplay.

Which is why I actually enjoy playing LFS more than AC, shore LFS is getting a little bit old, but this new update should modernize it keep up with AC and iracing, but despite this still find it the enjoyable to play.(could be because this was the first game I ever bought)

(mind you this is my appinion and you might agree or disagree, it's just and appinion)
#7 - zamac
Quote from JohnT2005 :I feel like Asseto Corsa has more refined force feed back. You can feel what the car is doing, when it is oversteeing, understanding and an all round better detail than LFS. Same goes for AC physics, however AC has come to the end of its development. Unlike LFS.

But LFS still has many upsides, I think it does a lot of stuff better than other Sims. For example I think it has the best multiplayer layout when choosing a server, one of the most accessible forums and most importantly a friendly community that are just as passionate about racing just as much as you are.(not to mention that the developers interact with the people in the forum's, which makes you know about about them, so you want to support what there doing)

But unlike other Sims you can tell that the LFS developers have put passion and enjoyment into the simulator, not saying that this isn't the case about other Sims, but there's something about LFS that translates that emotion into actual gameplay.

Which is why I actually enjoy playing LFS more than AC, shore LFS is getting a little bit old, but this new update should modernize it keep up with AC and iracing, but despite this still find it the enjoyable to play.(could be because this was the first game I ever bought)

(mind you this is my appinion and you might agree or disagree, it's just and appinion)

you wrote a very nice article thanks
#8 - lfsrm
Quote from JohnT2005 :I feel like Asseto Corsa has more refined force feed back. You can feel what the car is doing, when it is oversteeing, understanding and an all round better detail than LFS. Same goes for AC physics, however AC has come to the end of its development. Unlike LFS.

LFS still has superior low speed physics, but I mostly agree with you, there is more things going under the hood with AC physics, but surprisingly they aren't that far from each others in term of general feeling if we compare directly similar spec'ed cars.

I always thought that AC is what LFS should've have been if the development goes as they planned, but of cours with LFS solid and accessible multiplayer.
#9 - VladM
I've always felt like AC's physics handle like a wet noodle, and even with a wheel, i get very tired while playing it (with the mouse if i play for more than 10 minutes i not only get tired but also angry). LFS is so much easier to go into and just relax while driving, as even with a mouse the feeling is amazing. Playing Asetto just doesnt feel that natural, and the cars are very unpredictable compared to LFS; not only to say the terrible understeer that all cars seem to have. LFS is just more fun, the only thing Assetto has going for it in my books are the graphics and the mods (especially track mods).
I can for sure say after some hefty 100 hours into Assetto, assetto's force feedback is more detailed and gives a better raw feeling about the car's suspension when going around a turn, and I can tell when the back/front tyres are about to slip.

However since its a fully focused racing sim its driving doesn't feel relaxing at all unlike LFS. after one hour or two I'll be tired from constantly dealing with the heavy steering while I can drive for HOURS or a whole day in Live for speed, but don't get me wrong it can be as intense at times specially racing for a good amount of laps in a GTR...in a TRACK Big grin

Overall opinion? Both do great at what they are, plus assetto does have some really good engine sounds(real licensed cars duh), one of the reasons I still play it as well, I wish Live for speed had a better engine sound system in that regard(sorry CSR is too much work for me Razz ).

But as people are saying, with this future update Live for Speed will be at its best shape, matching assetto graphical and possibly feel-wise, but its relatively easier to overcome a sim that was finished some time ago, still a good sign, Live for Speed is going somewhere, and it'll be always my all time favourite sim for long driving sessions Heart LFS
Quote from VladM :I've always felt like AC's physics handle like a wet noodle, and even with a wheel...

This is what puts me off the most. I do wonder if its something to do with settings that we use which makes it so off putting.
LFS:
+ Ridiculously short loading times (as low as 1 second)
+ Incredibly low specs required (I play on my integrated Intel at 60fps because I limited it)
+ Very good physics, specially on cars like MRT, UF1, FBM
+ Sweet and simple multiplayer
+ Huge open areas for fun
+ Amazing tracks
- Sound feels old now
- FF is good but got a bit old
- Clutch implementation is not very realistic

AC:
+ Very good FF
+ Nice set of cars
+ Very good implementation of realistic damage
+ Good control with three pedals
- Loading times are exasperating
- Technically it's not polished at all (cannot have my desktop at 4k and run the game at 1080)
- Very high hardware requirements
This thread is closed

(13 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG