The online racing simulator
Quote from Sobis :If you don't adjust them, does it try to use the whole 900° range?

If you set 900° in Logitech Profiler and in LFS settings, LFS will match the car's rotation to your wheel, so in XRT it will be 720° etc. And it will be done with soft FF stops.
Quote from Botswanan Salama :...
troy, nikopdr, yorap... all of them benefit from using manual clutch to my understanding. It depends a lot on the car/track combination of course.

I was doing some testing of UFR and FZR with a manual clutch pedal => this is crazy ! Heel and toe, no left-foot braking in entrance, time lost when switching from gaz to brake, no way to be very competitive regarding the level of quicker guys. This why seeing people using this BC is clearly insane to me when you know how hard it is for those who are fast and willing to be purist !

Quote from Racon :...
PS: I know you said that point was controversial, but the auto-clutch discussion ends before it even starts when real-life paddle-shifters are auto-clutch, doesn't it?

This when you have a car with it ... our current road cars are not really fitting this !
OK now I can confirm that I do not have to adjust my settings at all. For example when switching from XRT to FBM, my wheel rotation adjusts automatically and stays 1:1. I'm using "Logitech Gaming Software" v9.02.65 .

I haven't looked that much but I don't even know if I can adjust my wheel rotation in LGS itself. My LFS rotation setting is set to 900° and I have never touched it.

Sorry for derailing the topic for a bit Big grin

E: Ah I see Flame has already responded. I guess I gave a bit more info though.
Will try. Thanks! Big grin

Edit: It worked Thumbs up
Quote from Sobis :I assume you're talking about RWD. Now correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't a downshift without any rev-matching loosen the rear? I'm not talking about flat out locking (which doesn't happen in LFS?), just some extra braking by the engine.

In a modern car you would have autoblip so the effect would be much less. But yes, you are right.

My point was that if you downshift at the right point while braking, you can recreate the same advantage from using handbrake - which also doesn't look pretty and isn't realistic. It's a physics issue, removing the handbrake only moves the problem to something else.
I don't see a problem with adding a server function to disable some driving aids to even the playing field, it would help with closer racing in leagues or one of event where some certain combo doesn't suit a certain rig configuration (FOV became a server side option which is hardly ever used today) .

Regarding the use of handbrake to match some guys who use it me and some other people just flip down the gears to combat this which requires more skill then just pressing a button since timing it wrongly can over rev the engine and cook it. But i figure this method would become standard if handbrake is disabled on server side unless a rule is added to stop simulating the mentioned method in league races.
Quote from gu3st :One thing I'd note about your post is that iRacing has made a lot of strides to be not quite as snappy. It's a bit more snappy than LFS is, but much more forgiving than it was 1 year ago.

Yep. In that post I was just using iR and other sims as a comparison since trying to explain everything using words is kind of a .... mouthful in many terms (d'oh!)
BTW to all the G29 owners like myself, the only reason you may have to be manually changing the degree is that it could be that you do not have on Wheel Compensation set up in the settings. Play around with that setting and see if it helps fix that for you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG